Hogan's bringing friends... get ready...

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Dixie Carter IS THE BIGGEST, DUMBEST FUCKING IDIOT to EVER run a company. EVER. And that's big considering people like Herb Abrham and Ian Rotten have ran promotions. What the fuck is she thinking giving Hogan so much control? If you intend to promote a business such as wrestling , you should at least have SOME sort of briefing of the history of the business. She obviously has none. She's a dumb fucking cunt and she should just sell what stake she has in the company to Spike and get out NOW. She continually shows that she has zero knowledge of what works, WHO works, and when it's time to build your own identity, and not try to rehash stuff that's been rehashed too many times with more failure than the previous attempt.

Her attempt to up the Hogan hand is to bring in two addicts that can't find work anywhere else in THIS country? Yep, that's gonna work wonders for that outfit.

The Rated R CMStar

People are Blue if they really think that'll happen. If Hogan even gets a run with the title I'll personally leave this forum and come suck each and every one of you off.

TNA booking by themselves loves giving the belt to this old guys, so that alone puts Hogan on the chase.

But nonetheless, while I do hope Hogan doesn't even fight for the belt because Hogan pinning AJ, Joe or Kurt will very well cause the TNA smark fan world to implode and riot, people are Blue if they don't think that a guy who actually wanted to wrestle John Cena for the belt at Wrestlemania 25, who obviously thinks he still can go and book a tour around himself pinning Ric Flair in bloodbaths and will now enter a company in which he practically will have full control, won't pick the belt.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Hogan is so crippled that during the Australia tour, he could only take one bump per match on his back lightly after taking a chop from Ric Flair. He couldn't even do the LEG DROP anymore. He won two of the matches with foreign objects and one of the matches with a big boot.

And yet, he claims to be in the best shape of his life.

I hate to say it, I really do. But if Hogan comes in and ruins TNA, I'll admit that you were right all along CMS, and that I was a fool to drink TNA's Kool Aid.

Great One

TNA booking by themselves loves giving the belt to this old guys, so that alone puts Hogan on the chase.
ROFL? What old guy has ever been given the TNA World Championship? The only person you will name is Sting who could still go like no other. Your argument has 0 credibility. The day Nash ever wins the TNA title is when you'd ever be able to justify anything with a true fact other than random bullshit and "OH HE SAID DIS!"

Kizza

Depending on what you define as old and if you're considering NWA as well (I usually consider old to be late 30's upwards in the wrestling world, but that's just me.)

Shamrock
Jarrett
Raven
Sting
Mick Foley.

When you look at the list regardless, it's fairly small for a 8 year company.

MizMasta3000

I guess for the point here, its old as in wrestling legends like Mick or Hulk or Sting so I guess Jarrett or Raven being TNA originals wouldnt count

The Rated R CMStar

Shamrock
Jarrett
Raven
Sting
Mick Foley.

When you look at the list regardless, it's fairly small for a 8 year company.

Well yeah, but who else has been champion? Christian and Kurt Angle get a free pass because they still got it, but they arent exactly young kids on the block, neither is Abyss. Add AJ and Samoa Joe and there are your all time champions.

It's just adding to the point. TNA by themselves were willing to give the belt to Sting, Raven, Mick Foley (this being the most pathetic example, considering Foley not only said he wasnt going to be champion, but that he wasn't even going to wrestle), it's only axiomatic that Hulk Hogan puts the belt on himself now that he's going to book. (Im willing to bet even if he were coming only as talent TNA would give him the belt)

Great One

Mick the guy who just did an elbow drop from the ramp through a table...? Yeah, what an old loser. The one who's main title match with Sting was a great match? Also I believe I said TNA World Title, not NWA, but whatever it doesn't matter. Btw, were you even watching when Raven won the title? Or seen the match where he won? He performed fucking amazingly. Clearly you just looked up at a list of NWA champs and declared anyone in their 40's as an "old champion" thus Hogan will certainly apply as well (even though he can barely walk, right?).

All of us seem to have different opinions of old too. I usually don't even bring up old unless the guy is legitimately crippled (e.g. Nash and Hogan). Could careless if they're in the early 40's or even 50's in Sting's case. The WWE has had many near 40 and champs in their 40's.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
Great One is pretty much right. People are being unfair in regards to giving "old people" title reigns. It shouldn't be about the age of the competitor, it should be about the ability to still tell a story effectively. (Hence why nobody complains about Undertaker, Shawn Michaels or Batista from the other company because they can still do their job well). Mick Foley can still cut a sick promo and when given a gimmick match, can still put on a show. I mean honestly, when was Mick Foley EVER in a condition where he performed well in a non gimmick match scenario?

Kurt Angle obviously is still able to pull out tremendous matches. Jeff Jarretts reigns were all political because he owns the company so I wont defend that. Sting can still go like no other. He's almost at the same level that he was during the early 90's.

The only guys who were BS moves as champion that I would ever agree with would be Jarrett, Shamrock & maaaybe Abyss just because his reign was crap. Otherwise everyone who they've decided to put the strap on at least has been performing competent enough to be a champion.

Hulk Hogan? Like I mentioned earlier (maybe in another thread), Hogan can't even drop the leg anymore to finish a match. No way in hell SHOULD he get the title. That said, if he's booking the company he WILL get the title.

noumenon

Absolutely...age is just a number. It's not a matter of being done once you cross 40... if that were the case we'd be writing Jericho and Edge off in a few short years. Most of WWE's main event scene is pushing or over 40. It's just a matter of..
a) Can they go?
b) Are they the right person to put the title on not going solely by seniority and reputation?