Have an opinon on Randy Orton? Nobody cares, but post it in here anyway!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

the dark knight

I agree with everyone who called Orton above average on the mic.

The guy can cut a promo without fumbling through it and I don't mind his tone at all. He sounds serious. He doesn;t go over the top (Cena at times) or over act (Kennedy all the time).

He is actually a top five mic guy in my opinion at this point and one of the few, the WWE actually trusts to work and in ring live promo. I actually think he is much better cutting live promo's than pretapped backstage segments. He knows how to feed off the crowd and it shows.

I would currently rank him 5th;

1. Santino
2. Cena
3. Edge
4. JBL
5. Orton
6. Flair
7. HBK
8. HHH
8. Kennedy
that list is so fucked. where's jericho?

1. Jericho
2. HBK
3. Edge
4. HHH
5. Flair
6. Orton
7. kennedy
8. umaga
9. cena
I will be very surprised if Orton keeps the title at wrestlemania.
i wouldnt. he has more chances than cena does...i think.

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I think the wwe is going to make him the next triple h being the top heel in the company. He reminds me alot of triple h when he was a heel back in the day.

Cena= future rock
orton= future triple h

noumenon

I think that right now Orton and Edge are the two greatest things WWE has got going for them. Orton is a guy who was nothing but average when he debuted a few years back. He grew so quickly both in skill and character if you blinked you almost missed it. The transition between Evolution Orton and the Legend Killer came almost over night.
He's absolutely incredible in the ring and he's got the ice cold robotic demeanor to back him up on the mic.
It's no secret however that the WWE has kind of buried both of his title runs and shit on any of his credablity as champion. A clean win at Wrestlemania was really nice to see.

Evil Austin

in my eyes let me know if you agree but i think since he has beaten

Jeff
Cena
HHH
HBK
Jericho
Flair

since he put all of them on the loss side i think they are saving Punk to cash it in and beat him...

n3Xus

Reaction score
The RKO is the best thing he has going for him. It's crisp, clean and deadly and suits his image well...

MC Rae

Reaction score
Orton has improved tremendously, especially since becoming a champion, I wasn't so sure at first but now I think he can be taken seriously as a true legit champ. His mic skills are solid and his finisher is just fantastic.

CenaMark54

in my eyes let me know if you agree but i think since he has beaten

Jeff
Cena
HHH
HBK
Jericho
Flair

since he put all of them on the loss side i think they are saving Punk to cash it in and beat him...

I think Orton will drop the belt long before Punk cashes in the contract. I see Heel HHH vs Face Punk happening sometime in early 2009.

Punk needs a lot of building up if he is going to be champ, unless he becomes the first MITB winner to lose his match, in that case his match could be tomorrow for all we know.

Reaction score
Top 5 people on the microphone for me are.

Jericho
Cena
Triple H
Shawn Michaels
Randy Orton

Anyone agree?

And Orton should drop the belt soon, hopefully to Triple H. Plus, like someone has already said CM Punk needs ALOT of building up before they make him WWE Champ.

CenaMark54

Top 5 people on the microphone for me are.

Jericho
Cena
Triple H
Shawn Michaels
Randy Orton

Anyone agree?

And Orton should drop the belt soon, hopefully to Triple H. Plus, like someone has already said CM Punk needs ALOT of building up before they make him WWE Champ.

Pretty accurate list I would say. Although I'd put Santino at number one. He is at a whole other level than everyone else.

KroniK 4-2-0

Reaction score
Santino is very overrated.....

BUT, I don't see CM Punk winning the WWE Title. World Title maybe, but not WWE Title.

Cause I see it like this - HHH wins the Title soon, then loses to Batista late, late this year. Then 'Tista loses it to Cena at 'Mania (un-fuckin'-fortunately)

So I see no where, where CM The Punk can get the Title. He don't deserve it thats for sure. He shouldn't get the title for like another two years.

On Topic:
Randy Orton should go back to Smackdown! I think.

Reaction score
I like Santino, but top of the list? C'mon, hes not THAT good. Jericho is extremely talented on the mic, Santino is good but if he got rid of his italian gimmick he would be miles better.

fGuru

Reaction score
Lol Santino defines "Grrreatness" on the microphone. his italian accent is what makes it so funny. i'm not playing favourites but if i put up a list with some of the "All time best with mic skills" it would be

1.Stone Cold Steve Austin
2.The Rock
3.Jericho
4.Flair
5.HHH
6.Edge
7.Cena ( he used to much better before though. he used to say a crappy rhyme everytime he gets into the ring)
8. Santino
9.Mr.. Kennedy ..... kennedy
10.M.V.P.
11.JBL
12.Vince McMahon

13.HBK
14.Orton ( i dont think hes that good on the mic. he just talks straight to the face)
Total WWE Superstars -1 : Umaga
Last but not the least : The Great Khali

C4

Randy Orton needs to get rid of that evil smile that he has on his face, and of course the stupid kick to the head which leaves people unconscious seems pretty Blue to me. Anyways, Orton won't win at backlash and I'm pretty sure about that.

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Yeah, Orton really is boring on the mic, he sounds robotic and too much of "generic heel", he has to spice things up a little bit.

Someone that WWE needs to use on the mic is CM Punk. I would love to see him and Y2J have a promo war the week before Backlash.