Have an opinon on Randy Orton? Nobody cares, but post it in here anyway!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Enigma22

Reaction score
i dont really like him as champ. ive never really liked him. idk why but him being champion isnt all that exciting.

The Rated R CMStar

Nuh, for example, against Cena, he was practically the face, people cheered for him.

Against HBK he had the perfect Heel heat.

Versus Y2J he has overshadow by his return and against Jeff Hardy he was just overshadowed by Hardy's momentum.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^Exactly. He got perfect heel heat against HBK, but he can't get that kind of heat against Cena because people want to see Cena lose so they'll root for Randy no matter how much of a heel he is. Now I think he will get very good heat in the triple threat, unless HHH turns heel but I think he'll stay kind of like tweener/on his own beating up both, so I'd expect Randy to get very good heel heat at WM.

HBKforever

Reaction score
He'll get decent heel heat, but I think that Cena will get just as much if not more. Despite the fact that he has been gone for a while, there are still many people who despise Cena and don't want to see him win the belt back right away. It should prove to be a very good match nonetheless and hopefully it's as good as the triple threat at WM 20.

Grummy

Reaction score
I hate Randy Orton. ALways have, always will.

I hate him because I've never liked him as a talent, always thought he was shite if you'll excuse my language. I remember one of his first matches, against Christian, he tried to end the match with the Overdrivve and bolloxed it up. He just got back up and did it again, Christian just be held in place to wait for him to get it right. It was a bloody shambles. He's never really imporved and I've never rated him much as a mid carder, let alone a main eventer. Quicker he's gone from WWE the better off they'll be.

HHHforever

Reaction score
^That entire post right there is exactly why Randy Orton is one of the greatest heels in the WWE right now. You hate him because he plays his character absolutely perfectly. Even beyond that he acts like that outside of the ring. You hating him proves why he's part of the present and future of the WWE.

The Rated R CMStar

So, Grummy, you hate Randy because he botched one move on his early matches.

Yeah, he has never improved, I mean, his botched Overdrive match is right there side by side with Cena vs Orton at SS.

619ENRIQUE

Reaction score
being a dihirai mouth is good if your a heel especially if your a main eventer

its not like you get heat by saying one line and just walking away

Dame1

Reaction score
Is it true he only became World champ to overshadow Brock Lesnar?

Only thing Orton has going for him is the RKO, otherwise I think he's boring.

CenaMark54

Is it true he only became World champ to overshadow Brock Lesnar?.

It is somewhat true. He would have eventually won the belt because the crowd was behind him hardcore. They pushed it up so he would overtake Lesnar as the youngest champion ever. Although Lesnar is still the youngest WWE champion.

Wolf

Reaction score
I use to not pay any attention to Randy Orton that much but, now he's gaining my attention. I hope he keeps it up. The guys awsome.

The Rated R CMStar

Randy's title reign

Randy Orton has been a main eventer since 2004. However, he has always had that stain, that mark in his resume, his title reign. He feuded Hulk Hogan, Taker, a bunch of legends, but you couldn't took out from your mind that the highlight of his career was a 1 month title reign.

But now, he has been champ since No Mercy. Triple Threat or no, he will get one of the biggest honors, enter WM as a champion. He has been booked over HHH, HBK, Y2J, Jeff Hardy and one could even argue John Cena, has been put over constantly as a major heel and finally got a decent title reign.

Or has he?

It has been decent in title reign, but many pointers could be made, for example the fact that even if he mantained his belt against HBK, he won one by DQ and the one he won cleared, got SCM after the match. Y2J, he defeated him thanks to JBL, and Jericho didn't even get his rematch. Cena, well, when you bitch slap a referee to retain, you know booking has take your chicken heel character too far.

So, what are your opinions on Randy Orton? Has he been finally established as a main eventer and credible champion? Or do you still can't believe what he is doing with the belt?

RKOrton.

Reaction score
He plays a great heel. His win as SS against Benoit was a real shocker when he spun out of the Crossface and hit the RKO. It was a real shocking moment tbh. He hadn't held the title until '07 No Mercy. He's had a good reign and really played the heel role to a tee. I love his heel character and think he's been a great champ so far.

HHHforever

Reaction score
Well Randy is my favorite wrestler next to HHH. I personally was really happy when he got the title. I think that they have kind of booked him kind of weak tbh. However I thought the slap to the ref at NWO was genius booking. It was absolutely perfect for his character and was a great heel move. The HBK feud didn't make him look that great and the Jericho feud made him look a little weak. However he cleanly won against Hardy and although HHH had already wrestled 2 matches that night he cleanly won the title against him. BTW Jericho didn't get a rematch because he wasn't champion and wasn't entitled to a rematch and it wouldn't have made any sense considering they were starting Y2J with a program with JBL. Overall though I think Randy has had an average/pretty decent title reign. I think they could have booked it a little better, but overall not bad. As said though he does have the distinction of walking into Mania as champ even though I would doubt he's walking out a champion. He's still very young and he's not going anywhere because wrestling is in his blood and he loves it. I see more titles in his future and this will be a pretty good taking off point for him.