• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

General Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
http://www.cinemablend.com/new/Cool-J-Joining-Marvel-Cinematic-Universe-67947.html

I could see him as Luke Cage no problem. Cool thing about that is that he does TV pretty routinely so he could appear on AoS pretty easily. :win: High hopes maybe.

I'd like LL Cool J as Luke Cage but I believe Mike Colter is about to get the role.

For some reason I thought they confirmed this awhile back but oh well, I'm not a fan of it personally.. I thought Joaquin Phoenix could do a better job.. or Jeffrey Dean Morgan.

It needed to happen, the test footage worked out very well especially for them going on with a PG 13 script.

Reactions: Trip in the Head

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
For some reason I thought they confirmed this awhile back but oh well, I'm not a fan of it personally.. I thought Joaquin Phoenix could do a better job.. or Jeffrey Dean Morgan.
Maybe they did. The article made it sound like they just decided though. To me anyway. Maybe they just hadn't made the decision final before?

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Maybe they did. The article made it sound like they just decided though. To me anyway. Maybe they just hadn't made the decision final before?

Probably the case.. I read a lot of shit from rumor mills, although about 80-90% of shit reported ends up being true at least as far as this comic book dirtsheet site goes.. wrestling dirt sheets are different.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Reactions: Trip in the Head

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
I'm disappointed that Kristen Ritter got cast for Jessica Jones (Or is close to finalizing) cause Alexandra Daddario was in the running and the other 2 looked the part more than her. I honestly get annoyed by her and anything she's in... so I'm sad. I wish she could switch places with Lizzy Caplan(however you spell her last name) from the one-shot from Avengers, Item 47.

The guy that got cast for Luke Cage looks the part. Plus, I'm proud for him considering I only know him from the Halo series.

But yeah, I'm hyped. Uber hyped.

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
Has anyone been following the Spider-Man Sony/Marvel news. It looks like a deal has been made and they are waiting til the Spidey Summit to announce. Marvel already has a shortlist of actors including

e8049a63a346737f04bb9c9ef09ce80a._.png

To be honest, I only think Logan Lerman out of all of these has the actual star power and is the best choice since the guy has super chops & is only 22. He needs a franchise, this could be his franchise. I love Anton Yelchin, amazing actor but srry. Dylan O'Brien is a close 2nd. Thomas Mann is like average if that makes sense. FUCK OFF EVERYONE ELSE.

"Disney/Marvel wants either [HASHTAG]#Mysterio[/HASHTAG] or[HASHTAG]#Shocker[/HASHTAG] to be the villain in a Spider-Man reboot and that there are discussions about includingVincent D'Onofrio as [HASHTAG]#Kingpin[/HASHTAG]. He also said Avi Arad will still be involved in the Spider-Man movies but Kevin Feige gets final say."

Including Kingpin, who will be introduced in Daredevil is a great move to tie in the Netflix series and make it more important.

I love the idea of Mysterio being the main villain of the first one while introducing Kingpin and if I were in charge, Shocker as Kingpin's Henchman (But not as Shocker just yet). Marc Webb & Sam Raimi were trying to get Mysterio to be the main villain of their movies but Sony just shut them down. This is a great chance to do this knowing that Marvel would knock it out of the park.

For the second movie, I'd have Kraven. Kraven would be Spider-Man's toughest challenge yet and they could do the movie and have it loosely be based off The Last Hunt (BEST SPIDEY ARC). If you guys didn't know, I said Kraven was my favorite Spider-Man villain. Still is. This would be great to also include Shocker in this as well but have him be the one that either Spidey takes down mid movie or Kraven kills while Spidey watches without being able to do anything. WOULD BE GREAT!!!!! Seriously, Manu Bennett as Kraven would be perfect casting as well. I hope Arrow kills him off now.

Third movie, to round out a perfect trilogy. Green Goblin. Include both versions if you want. Have Norman be the Ultimate Green Goblin that Spidey will fight almost to the death in the final scene of the movie. Have Harry be the insane joker like Hob Goblin. Tis would be amazing. I have no idea who'd I cast either. I just love this idea.

This is the part where I contradict myself. Do a fourth movie. Have this one be loosely based off of Maximum Carnage. Venom & Carnage. Marvel are the only peeps who can do this right.

Fan cast for myself. Thad Castle as Eddie Brock. Give that man a medal please.

Thoughts on this debacle. Are you mad that Andrew Garfield is gonna get replaced? I honestly do feel bad for Garfield & Dane DeHaan cause they are both great. They just came about to Spidey at the wrong time...

Tumbas' #1 Fan

Guardian
Reaction score
Did Sony finally wise up? Lol

I'd love to see the geeky guy from Teen Wolf as Parker. Sorry I'm not as fancy as sharpy so i don't know the name
It's everything but confirmed. Sony was planning to reboot it again without Garfield. I was gonna shoot whoever was in charge but yeah wooo, Marvel probably used Tom Hiddleston to persuade them.