General Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
SWEET!! Thanks Danielson!

OK so... let's pick up where we left off in that other thread. Loki's totally going to screw Thor over, that's a given. My next question is when will the introduce the concept of the Infinity Gems? Thanos is the big bad for Avengers 3. I wonder if maybe they'll wait for Guardians of the Galaxy to start on that.

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Nope. I love comics and I love what Marvel has done since Iron Man. It's a dream come true.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Same here guys. @Danielson I'm jelly you started this thread actually. Damn it!
SWEET!! Thanks Danielson!

OK so... let's pick up where we left off in that other thread. Loki's totally going to screw Thor over, that's a given. My next question is when will the introduce the concept of the Infinity Gems? Thanos is the big bad for Avengers 3. I wonder if maybe they'll wait for Guardians of the Galaxy to start on that.
Sounds logical

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
Same here guys. @Danielson I'm jelly you started this thread actually. Damn it!

Sounds logical

Loki is still an agent of Thanos I would assume. Maybe not though, he failed Thanos, unless he can get the Tesseract/Casket/Cosmic Cube for Thanos in Thor: Dark World.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Loki is still an agent of Thanos I would assume. Maybe not though, he failed Thanos, unless he can get the Tesseract/Casket/Cosmic Cube for Thanos in Thor: Dark World.
Did he ever actually meet Thanos in the movie universe?

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
No I think he only went through that middleman with the hella extra fingers.
So I wouldn't think he would STILL be working for them. Would he jump to their side if it suited his needs though? In a heartbeat, no doubt

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
So I wouldn't think he would STILL be working for them. Would he jump to their side if it suited his needs though? In a heartbeat, no doubt

If he's not with them, it's not his choice. Thanos holds all the cards. And it was said by the middleman in Avengers that if Loki failed them, there would be dire consequences for him.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
If he's not with them, it's not his choice. Thanos holds all the cards. And it was said by the middleman in Avengers that if Loki failed them, there would be dire consequences for him.
I think that middleman is Annihilus. They have changed things here and there for the movies so it wouldn't surprise me.
http://marvel.com/universe/Annihilus

Action Jackson

The Lunatic Fringe
Banned
Reaction score
I think that middleman is Annihilus. They have changed things here and there for the movies so it wouldn't surprise me.
http://marvel.com/universe/Annihilus

Yeah I like how it closely resembles the comics, but it has it's own identity. With Iron Man I'm consistently surprised and pleased how they manage to include bits and pieces of 40-50 years of continuity, but make it fresh and surprising. A strong example of that is Ben Kingsley's role in Iron Man 3. Aldrich Killian revealing himself as The Mandarin and even doing a little Extremis fire breathing which reminded me of Fin Fang Foom! lol

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Yeah I like how it closely resembles the comics, but it has it's own identity. With Iron Man I'm consistently surprised and pleased how they manage to include bits and pieces of 40-50 years of continuity, but make it fresh and surprising. A strong example of that is Ben Kingsley's role in Iron Man 3. Aldrich Killian revealing himself as The Mandarin and even doing a little Extremis fire breathing which reminded me of Fin Fang Foom! lol
Just saw that recently actually. They did a really good job with the movie. Although I thought Rescue (the suit anyway) would make an appearance.

Reactions: TheArabHammer