General Marvel Cinematic Universe Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Apparently Sony is in talks with Marvel studios in regards to the superhero rights of Spider-man.

It hasn't been confirmed however seems very logical that Sony is negotiating with Marvel for the rights to have Spider-man featured in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Marvel still owns the merchandising rights to Spider-Man so they really want the character to have success in the cinematic universe.. While the Sony movies haven't been terrible for this newly rebooted Andrew Garfield series they aren't necessarily the greatest as far as story and execution goes..

The reports of these negotiations come a few days after Fox studios was discussing the possibility of the X-Men and Fantastic Four potentially crossing over.

What this most likely would mean for Marvel is that with the rumors of Thor/Iron Man not being part of the team they are looking for a more well known hero to help out and be apart of the Avengers.. Spider-Man would be one of the most perfect men for the job since X-Men probably wouldn't merge with them.

If these negotiations work out this would be one of the best things IMO for the Spider-Man hero as far as cinematic appearances go.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
Apparently Sony is in talks with Marvel studios in regards to the superhero rights of Spider-man.

It hasn't been confirmed however seems very logical that Sony is negotiating with Marvel for the rights to have Spider-man featured in the Marvel Cinematic Universe. Marvel still owns the merchandising rights to Spider-Man so they really want the character to have success in the cinematic universe.. While the Sony movies haven't been terrible for this newly rebooted Andrew Garfield series they aren't necessarily the greatest as far as story and execution goes..

The reports of these negotiations come a few days after Fox studios was discussing the possibility of the X-Men and Fantastic Four potentially crossing over.

What this most likely would mean for Marvel is that with the rumors of Thor/Iron Man not being part of the team they are looking for a more well known hero to help out and be apart of the Avengers.. Spider-Man would be one of the most perfect men for the job since X-Men probably wouldn't merge with them.

If these negotiations work out this would be one of the best things IMO for the Spider-Man hero as far as cinematic appearances go.
Cool if its true. I read an article yesterday that made it sound like come Avengers 3 the majority of the initial team will be absent so lesser known Avengers could be in the spotlight. Spider-man would fit right in there.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Cool if its true. I read an article yesterday that made it sound like come Avengers 3 the majority of the initial team will be absent so lesser known Avengers could be in the spotlight. Spider-man would fit right in there.
Yup I think Thor, Iron Man and Chris Evans' Captain America could be missing.. however my thoughts are that Captain America will still be in there.. only with Sebastian Stan as the Winter Soldier taking over the reigns similarly to the comic storyline after Crossbones (who was in Cap 2 and will be in Captain America 3 or a future avengers movie) assassinates him with orders from The Red Skull (who I think will return too).

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Looks like RDJ is in for Captain America 3, I wonder if they are going to do the Civil Wars.. I can only assume so; especially with the pursuit of trying to get the rights to show Spider-Man in their movies.

Trip in the Head

Jester of Darkness
Reaction score
So I thought I would share this here. Unrelated to the cinematic universe, but a big deal in the Marvel universe and in the realm of comic books as a whole recently. The guy has good points. I didn't see the issue with the Milo Manara cover either. I mean - he's Milo Manera ffs. What did you expect?

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
Tons of news today!

Clicky

"Captain America: Civil War" (May 6, 2016)
"Doctor Strange" (Nov. 4, 2016)
"Guardians of the Galaxy 2" (May 5, 2017)
"Thor: Ragnarok" (July 27, 2017)
"Black Panther" (Nov. 3, 2017)
"Marvel's The Avengers: Infinity War Part 1" (May 4, 2018)
"Captain Marvel" (July 6, 2018)
"Inhumans" (Nov. 2, 2018)
"Marvel's The Avengers: Infinity War Part 2" (May 3, 2019)

and Chadwick Boseman announced in the role of T'challa aka The Black Panther... in my opinion an awesome choice.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Tons of news today!

Clicky

"Captain America: Civil War" (May 6, 2016)
"Doctor Strange" (Nov. 4, 2016)
"Guardians of the Galaxy 2" (May 5, 2017)
"Thor: Ragnarok" (July 27, 2017)
"Black Panther" (Nov. 3, 2017)
"Marvel's The Avengers: Infinity War Part 1" (May 4, 2018)
"Captain Marvel" (July 6, 2018)
"Inhumans" (Nov. 2, 2018)
"Marvel's The Avengers: Infinity War Part 2" (May 3, 2019)

and Chadwick Boseman announced in the role of T'challa aka The Black Panther... in my opinion an awesome choice.

What a great choice for Black Panther, I mean Jackie Robinson and James Brown you can't go wrong with that actor.. I am really pissed at the reports that Benedict Cumberbatch will be Doctor Strange though, that casting can eat a dick.. Joaquin Phoenix all day!