Did The Rock "Sell-Out"?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

kaedon, rell is never going to believe your right. some of us believe he is a sell-out, some of us don't. it does not mean you are right. it just means you believe your OWN opinion

The Rated R CMStar

Let's use an example. There's a kid who knows who to sing, but he hasn't been given a single chance. The talent is there, but nobody in the world knows who the hell the kid is. One day, the biggest promoter in the business signs him and gives him the chance, still, he fails. Still, the promoter has faith on the guy and gives him another chance, with a whole new look, a new persona so to speak. And boom, he becames a succes. The talent for being big and famous was always there, but if it wasn't for the promoter that made him famous, he just would have been another nobody that happened to sing well.

That's the same with The Rock and WWE. Sure, Dwayne might have been talented enough to be an actor, but if it weren't for the WWE, hell, for wrestling itself, he would just have been another guy that happened to probably act well. And let's go further, if it weren't for Vince and booking that made him a main eventer and a huge star, he would still be wrestling in midcard, not mattering if he has mic skills and wrestling skills, if Vince just didn't want it, he would be a jobber

Rell

Reaction score
More deflection from Hell Rell. Which proves, yet again, that I am right.

And as far as your deflective argument goes, why did you even bother commenting on this then? I mean if its SO irrelevant. Hell, why are you even on these forums? Why aren't you on the Genocide and Death in Africa forums? Sorry, that logic doesnt fly.

You do know the purpose of smileys right? :happy:

Don't get your panties in a bunch, its a harmless joke. You remind me of the old "Robot" Chris Benoit during his feud with Jericho. He took everything so seriously...what was his catchphrase again?

PROVE ME WRONG!!! - Kaedon

We're like total opposites, I'm sitting on the couch with my laptop having a quick laugh, your probably at home angry as shit, just mashing buttons down..."GRRR!!!"

Its really not that serious big fella

Kaedon

Reaction score
You do know the purpose of smileys right? :happy:

Don't get your panties in a bunch, its a harmless joke. You remind me of the old "Robot" Chris Benoit during his feud with Jericho. He took everything so seriously...what was his catchphrase again?

PROVE ME WRONG!!! - Kaedon

We're like total opposites, I'm sitting on the couch with my laptop having a quick laugh, your probably at home angry as shit, just mashing buttons down..."GRRR!!!"

Its really not that serious big fella

Im sorry all I heard was "youre right Kaedon" did you say anything else?

Rell

Reaction score
False quotes, exactly what I would expect from a mature man such as yourself. Predictable tbh :moon1:

btw I'm the real winner, along with Mr. Johnson

Kaedon

Reaction score
Winner? What do you win? A cookie? Some cash? Perhaps a banana or two that you can trade to MS for backbacon or moose meat? It'd have to be something like that because you sure werent right :p

Rell

Reaction score
All joking aside, There is no right or wrong answer. It all depends on preference & opinion, I'm not sure if you understand that. Its like asking who the best NBA player is. Its impossible to measure. The Rock selling out is probably one thing people like you will never be able to get over, but as soon as we all accept the fact that The Rock is gone, this thread will be a happier place :happy:

Kaedon

Reaction score
All joking aside, There is no right or wrong answer. It all depends on preference & opinion, I'm not sure if you understand that. Its like asking who the best NBA player is. Its impossible to measure. The Rock selling out is probably one thing people like you will never be able to get over, but as soon as we all accept the fact that The Rock is gone, this thread will be a happier place :happy:

I dont agree. "Best player" has different intangibles. Blocking, court presence, 3pt %, FT %, etc. But selling out isn't full of those intangibles. You can say he didn't because he didn't owe anyone anything, but the fact remains that he did abandon the WWE, even if you think it doesnt matter because he doesnt owe them, he turned his back on the company that made him.

Montana

No kidding this isn't goin anywhere, If we continue to have the same people argue back and forth, we are going to shut it down.

Rell

Reaction score
Just move it to HIAT, that way I can make fun of Kaedon's fanny pack...

That was another e-joke :happy:

but seriously, this would make more sense in either HIAT or Street Fight.

The A-man

Reaction score
Besides, K-man, you've got to admit you've been on the ropes for a good while now. I have that "effect" on people.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Just move it to HIAT, that way I can make fun of Kaedon's fanny pack...

That was another e-joke :happy:

but seriously, this would make more sense in either HIAT or Street Fight.

Your wish is my command.