Did The Rock "Sell-Out"?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Travis40

I've been hearing nothing but, The Rock sold out, on other forums since he's in the spotlight again for this big Raw...even though he turned down the invite. Personally, I don't think The Rock sold out by doing a couple movies and deciding that was what he wanted to do. Vince McMahon let The Rock do that and I think that was a good move.

The Rock did not sell out...he is a GROWN MAN, HE DECIDED TO DO MOVIES!...he could make more money doing that, and his body wouldn't get the wear and tear that it would by wrestling a typical WWE schedule. Now if Vince would've offered him TONS of money...and a limited schedule, would things have worked out differently? I say no...becuase The Rock was intent on not wrestling again, he was happy being retired.

So in conclusion, I really don't think The Rock sold out because it was the best thing for him to do and the best thing for the WWE because The Rock, beleieve it or not, was starting to get washed up a tad bit before he left...you probably won't remember this, but this was probably another reason why The Rock left....they made him look like an idiot in a backstage segment with The Hurricane...later in the show Hurricane vs. Rock.....Hurricane wins cleanly with a rollup....they were pretty much jobbing The Rock out to Hurricane.

What do you think?

The Rated R CMStar

He did sell out. See, it's not the fact that he stopped wrestling for movies, that's not the problem. The problem is that he completely denies the wrestling world and any offer from it. I don't see what stops him to take half an hour from his schedule to tape something for the WWE.

What I am saying is that he doesn't have to come back, he doesn't have to wrestle a single match, doesn't have to appear live on a show, just tape something, from his own house for a Raw special ocassion. He just has to remember what took him to the level to be wanted to do movies outside WWE Films: wrestling.

Venom65437

Reaction score
Well I don't blame him for making more money and having an easier schedule by making movies. But it would be nice of him to remember that wrestling let him do that once in a while. For instance, if his schedule allows, he could of at least taped something for this Monday coming up. Oh well.

Travis40

He doesn't have any obligations to make a video for WWE...he doesn't have to acknowledge that he ever wrestled...because he's trying to get away from his past career and move on with his current career. If you were a trashman and then you got a job at McDonalds....would you keep picking up trash?

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

well if your working at mcdonalds your doing the same job

Travis40

lol...I need a better example...okay, if you're a firefighter one day and then you quit your job and become.....a....janitor, once a month would you show up to put a fire out? No...

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

why would you quit to become a janitor? stupid decision

Famou$ 187

He wanted more money so he went to movies and tv so no that is not selling out.

Jabroni

Reaction score
ah he didnt sell out, id think any of you would rather be a movie star than a wrestler after doing it for all your life ei ? so does this mean he wont be on raw or even a tv appearance ? its going to be crap without him :( hes not coming back on raw monday ???

Mr. Mat

^nope he turned down vince so he wont be on raw instead of rock we get mick foley
pfffttt & no he never sold out i remember him saying he had a passion for the film industry
like he had for wrestling the only problem i got with the rock is he never mentions wrestling in his interviews after all the stuff he did in wwe

Jabroni

Reaction score
ah man i agree, YAY foley ! hes like made a return like 50 times this yr lol, austin has had his share too, we all want The Rock there, look back at when he returned in 2002 and the things rock said about the buisness and the passion he had for it , where is it now !?? i know its a bug success his movie carreer but surely one night of history couldnt hurt right ???

Mr. Mat

^yeah true there he should come back for this one off raw he was one of the faces that made raw what it is as for foley he's been back so many times the crowd are bored with him & austin still gets a big pop though cause he did lots on raw

Jabroni

Reaction score
ye, foley is going to bee BOOd soon lol, like when his them hits, the crowd are gona be like OH FFS foley AGAIN ! lol, but id just love it if wwe kept it a secret and just made us think that rocks not coming , then all of a sudden all peacefull and quiet on raw then , "IF YA SMEEEEEELLLLLLL WHAT THE ROCK IS COOKIN! blares around the arena would be so awesome lol Cmon Rocky !:)

Mr. Mat

^could happen he made suprise returns in the past one that pops in my mind is when he came & helped eugene

Jabroni

Reaction score
ye that was awesome , and whe "trump v mcmahon" rivalry build up on the titantron i was sooo suprised at that 2 hope he comes back wwe hasnt been the same without The Rock ! and never will be !