Did The Rock "Sell-Out"?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah, Jabroni is so choked with The Rock's balls that he can't read what people actually post.

Stop basing your argument in the fact of The Rock should or should have not keep wrestling, because he shouldn't, we all agree in that. But not because the stupid excuse that because he jobbed to the Hurricane, it was one short, booked as a fluke match and next week we had a rematch and Hurricane was squashed as a one-hit wonder.

What we are saying is that he doesn't even wants to remember his time back in WWE. He avoids it, he practically denies it. WWE just asked for a taped promo, Vince didn't ask for him to appear live and talk, they didn't ask for a match, they didn't ask for a People's Elbow or a Rock Bottom, they just ask him to sit on a damn chair on his own mansion, bash Vince Mcmahon, throw one or two catchprases and raise your eyebrow, all in the shooting time of maximum and practically overreacting 30 minutes. And, WWE would also probably going to pay him.

Was that so hard? Apparantly for The Rock it is, because he appears to think that he was born a movie star, and that he got a movie contract just because a cast director saw him walking down the street, because wrestling didn't have anything to do with what The Rock is now, so yeah, Johnson is right, The Rock owes nothing to WWE or wrestling itself

ice_edged

Reaction score
well if you dont want anything to do with the bussines at all and after becoming biggest star with peoples gimmick and later refusing to give fans a good taping when you even gonna get money he doesnt need now that is selling out ... if you refuse to do osmething for teh bussines it made you the star of teh world.. its trully selling out...so yeah Rock during this very minut is selling out more and more and in the end he will refuse that anyone had helped him but himself to get to teh movie bussines ..hell even forget all of his fans like us... time will tell if he really is a sell out or not

Rell

Reaction score
The Rock didn't sell out at all. He doesn't owe anyone anything. He did what was best for him, and I'm tired of wrestling fans letting their love for WWE cloud their judgment.

arewhyfour

Reaction score
Sold out? Hardly. He just finally found a better career. Hundreds of millions of people do it all the time.

How can you blame a guy who picked to get paid more and not have to bump?

The whole distancing himself from wrestling is mostly due to the fact that wrestling is looked at very, very poorly in Hollywood and he's finally starting to shed that image.

He accomplished a lot for the business, and now hopefully he'll accomplish a lot in the movie industry. The guy never fails to entertain.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Most definitely. Used the wrestling business to become a MEGASTAR and then he shits on the business.

PeepShow

The Rock didn't sell out at all. He doesn't owe anyone anything. He did what was best for him, and I'm tired of wrestling fans letting their love for WWE cloud their judgment.

Pretty much said it all right there. :good:

And Kaedon, you lose.

Kaedon

Reaction score
Just because its whats best for him doesnt mean its a sell out. And if he has no problem with that, great. But he does owe the wrestling business. The WWE, the WWE fans, and Vince McMahon MADE HIM who he is, anyone who denies that is out of their mind.

Montana

Just because its whats best for him doesnt mean its a sell out. And if he has no problem with that, great. But he does owe the wrestling business. The WWE, the WWE fans, and Vince McMahon MADE HIM who he is, anyone who denies that is out of their mind.

I agree. This is like a never ending arguement. The fact that there is a thread about this is proof enough. Hogan could still do movies and wrestle. The fact is he never really had the heart for the business.

The A-man

Reaction score
The problem is that he completely denies the wrestling world and any offer from it. I don't see what stops him to take half an hour from his schedule to tape something for the WWE.

He just has to remember what took him to the level to be wanted to do movies outside WWE Films: wrestling.

What we are saying is that he doesn't even wants to remember his time back in WWE. He avoids it, he practically denies it.

Was that so hard? Apparantly for The Rock it is, because he appears to think that he was born a movie star, and that he got a movie contract just because a cast director saw him walking down the street, because wrestling didn't have anything to do with what The Rock is now, so yeah, Johnson is right, The Rock owes nothing to WWE or wrestling itself

You don't have to be under contract to remember who made you. If it weren't for wrestling, he wouldn't ever made a movie. Heck, if it weren't for Vince giving him a second chance in his career he would never be what he is, because if you remember his first part of his career was a failure.

Sweet sassy molassy, these are some of the most SELFISH posts I've ever read! You know, its like you guys think that Vince OWNS Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson as a slave or some shit.

Okay, first off, stop with the whole "Vince/WWE made The Rock who he is" comments. They are old, tired, lazy, and have no backing whatsoever.

First, CMS, how in the hell did you come up with the fact that Dwayne "completely denies the wrestling world and any offer from it."? Why do you think that Dwayne would be nothing if it wasn't for wrestling.....no, wait...I mean if it wasn't for Vince (yeah, right)? What evidence do you have that supports these "claims"? Let me point out to you that your "claims" are completely inaccurate, selfish, and biased.

Seeing as how big The Rock is, how can deny his wrestling roots? Everyone knows who he and where he came from. Its stupid that he would win the WCW Championship (2 times), WWF/E Championship (7 times), WWF Intercontinental Championship (2 times), WWF Tag Team Championship (5 times) - with Mankind (3), The Undertaker (1), and Chris Jericho (1), win the Royal Rumble (2000), and be a Sixth Triple Crown Champion.....and DENY all of it. Watch all of those matches (and victories) and see that brags about each and every single one. The guy has fans the world over. The guy has natual charisma that won him over with the fans. Wrestling has been one of his biggest passions and you think he would just throw all of that away for a career in movies and TV shows?

And second, you're wrong yet again with the whole "he got a movie contract just because a cast director saw him walking down the street" comment. The Rock did an episode with Saturday Night Live and the episode was very popular, and it showcased Johnson's acting and comedic ability favorably. It was after this appearance, Johnson says, that he began receiving offers to do more in Hollywood.

Lastly, The Rock's WWF/E run was just one run. After his failed Rocky Maivia persona, he was demoted off TV for some time to redefine his character. His never given a second chance because he was NEVER fired. Dwayne then came back with his new character "The Rock" which is he own personality "with the volume turned way up".

Yep, another dumb statement shot to pieces. If you gonna bash someone about dumping their wrestling career and "denying it", at least you can do is get your facts straightened out first.

Kaedon said:
But he does owe the wrestling business. The WWE, the WWE fans, and Vince McMahon MADE HIM who he is, anyone who denies that is out of their mind.

Kaedon said:
Most definitely. Used the wrestling business to become a MEGASTAR and then he shits on the business.

K-man, he's already thanked the wrestling business for allowing him to become a superstar, but no, Vince did not make him.

Last time I check it was The Rock who won all those championship. The Rock was the one who engaged in the feuds with people like Triple H, The McMahons, Shawn Micheals, Big Show, and many others. It was The Rock's own natual charisma that got him over with the fans. It was his own hard work and determination that got him to where his is today........all Vince did was give him a place to showcase his talent. Don't disrespect Dwayne or his hard work by saying that someone else made him. You know better than that.

The fact that he "shits on the business" is wrong. When has he EVER done that or something like it? Do you have proof that he did? There isn't one person on the planet who would truly spend his/her entire life in the wrestling busniess and not branch out If he wants to be in movies and TV shows, fine Its his life so let him live it how he whats to.

-------------------------------------------------------​

Guys, face it. The Rock is done with wrestling and has moved on with his life, for better or for worse. Its YOUR problem that he's no longer a wrestler and you can't handle the fact. You need to get with the times and realize he ain't coming back and stop shitting on him when ever he turns down a WWE-related deal.

If he doesn't have spare time to do something with the WWE, guess what, he's simply too busy. That happens. That's his schedule. He's no longer under the WWE main contract or rules. Deal with it.

Rell

Reaction score
The Rock (unlike Hogan) is a Hollywood A-Lister, why would he destroy his image by returning to wrestling which is frowned upon by many, especially with the steroid & death scandals that have been going on lately. It makes no sense at all.

Saying he used WWE to make him a "megastar" is idiotic. Thats like saying Michael Jordan used Chicago to make him a legend. Sure they gave him the opportunity to become a star, but it wasn't guaranteed. Hard work, and effort got "The Rock" where he is today and he owes us nothing.

Kaedon

Reaction score
So you're telling me the chances given have nothing to do with a persons ability to become famous? What a load of bull shit. If the Rock was in the NFL, the NBA, or even WCW, there is NO WAY he would have become anything. Without the WWE, the Rock would be NOTHING. Next you're going to tell me The Warrior doesn't owe VKM and the WWE anything too. Guess what the difference is between guys like Brock Lesnar and The Rock and guys like HBK and HHH. The later eat, breathe, and sleep this business. So many wrestlers have said it over and over again, "if you dont have a passion for it, you don't deserve to be here" and its quite obvious the Rock doesn't give a fuck and is a slef serving asshat.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
If the Rock was in the NFL, the NBA, or even WCW, there is NO WAY he would have become anything.

I'm sorry but here you're assuming that which you cannot know therefore rendering your arguement invalid.

Kaedon

Reaction score
I'm sorry but here you're assuming that which you cannot know therefore rendering your arguement invalid.

Im sorry, please tell me the NFL and NBA players that have crossed over like guys like The Rock, Hogan, and Piper have. Shaq, maybe, but thats it. Oh, and can you name a WCW star that went on to make millions in the movie industry?
No, I didnt think so. The exposure given by the WWE is totally unique and gives more opportunities than any other sport or sports entertainment company. The WWE may not reach as many fans as say the NFL, but the NFL doesn't give the talent the opportunities the WWE does to showcase their multiple abilities.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Im sorry, please tell me the NFL and NBA players that have crossed over like guys like The Rock, Hogan, and Piper have. Shaq, maybe, but thats it. Oh, and can you name a WCW star that went on to make millions in the movie industry?
No, I didnt think so. The exposure given by the WWE is totally unique and gives more opportunities than any other sport or sports entertainment company. The WWE may not reach as many fans as say the NFL, but the NFL doesn't give the talent the opportunities the WWE does to showcase their multiple abilities.

First off, just because it hasn't happened as of yet does not mean that it can't nor won't. That's just first on the list.

Second. Man, I respect you, but you're wrong here. Like not even close to being on the right side. You're acting like you're so far up Vince's ass we can barely see your feet. The A-Man summed up everything I would've said here so I'm not going to bother wasting the time basically re-iterating what he said. Just go re-read his post.

Vince may have given the Rock the stage to shine on, but it was the Rock who got noticed, not because of Vince, but because of who he is, and his charisma, and timing. And you can't sit there and say that he never would've gotten noticed if he hadn't have worked with the WWE because you don't know that. Stick to the facts, you're better at those.