Dexter official discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Wait Season 8 has already started?!

Ah man I just finished Season 7, and the ending was really unexpected. But I agree with Troy that there were too many storylines to be processed correctly, kinda turned it into a clump of random enemies really. Oh well SEASON 8!!!!

Edit: Just watched the Season 8 preview... lmao at Debrah being a cokehead.

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
IuFBgQth.jpg

Complete series box set announced at Comic Con. I'd buy it for collecting sake as Dexter is probably my most favorite tv show and sad to see it ending.

As well as the Amazon exclusive blu-ray set:

ElfqAlph.jpg

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
All caught up on the series, so I figure I can join in on some discussion now. Most memorable part of the last episode was easily Vince having a daughter and it being hot Friday Night Lights girl , I don't care about some silly car accident.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Just caught up too, and...

I'm glad that the Brain Surgeon is dead already, having Dexter face off against some mentally disturbed patient doesn't really seem like a good story arc to me.

Having Dexter being part of a family of killers can be kinda fun, as well as having a young adult being taught the code, but surely that can't backfire in any way, right? ;)

Also I'm calling it right now: Dexter is going to start dating his hot neighbor but Anna McKay is going to appear and kill her out of complete jealousy, then maybe start killing off Dexter's 'family'?

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Oh SHIT :mark: I don't know why I didn't expect Hannah to appear on this episode because I really should have since it's halfway through the season and the brain surgeon is dead.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Finally got around to watching season 7...and it was meh. Ray Stevenson was badass as Isaac, but that was about it. Him getting killed by George was probably the lamest thing possible especially with plenty of episodes to go. Lilah #2 aka Hannah was just rehashing a storyline we've already seen before; annoying, pshyco, killer bitch that Dexter bangs just this time she didn't have an English accent. The season moving from focusing around Deb/Isaac to focusing on Hannah was lame.

It is or rather was a great show, but there hasn't been a great season since season 4, 5 was good though. Its a good thing 8 is the last season but its already reached that point where it outstayed its welcome. that season was just a mess really, way too much going on, the whole Deb knows about Dex thing was enough to be a huge focal point + The Brotherhood after Dex. Adding the pyromaniac at the end, Hannah, LaQuerta getting onto Dex's trail was all unnecessary baggage. Trying to do far too much.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
That seems to be pretty much everyone's complaint about season 7, and the only one I really have a problem with was how Isaac died and the fact that he was forgotten by the end of the season :( I loved that guy. I kinda' liked the Dexter/Hannah interactions a good bit, don't disagree with the Lila comparison though, but I'm liking Hannah a lot more than I liked Lila. I do think the show is right to end this season because it's slowly going downhill, still enjoyable but it's good they don't drag it along anymore.

If I were to rank the seasons it'd probably be 4, 2, 1, 6, 5, 3, 7.

Dash

Reaction score
I do think the show is right to end this season because it's slowly going downhill, still enjoyable but it's good they don't drag it along anymore.

If this was posted at the end of season seven then I would be in full agreement with you, but since season eight has aired about six episodes already, I find it hard to say that it's going downhill. Season eight has so far been one of my favourite of the entire show. It's hard not to be completely into the show, and be itching for the next episode to air on Sunday night, I didn't feel like that at all during season seven, in fact, I actually considered to stop watching it after about six episodes. My point is that season eight has brought the show back to life for me and I'll be really disappointed to see it end.

If I were to rank the seasons they would be in this order, from best to worst. 2, 4, 6, 1, 5, 3, 7.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I do agree that season 8 is a pretty good improvement so far, but I feel like if it wasn't the last season and they weren't building to some big ending, it wouldn't be. 8 seasons is enough for this show and with a great ending, I'll be very happy with the series overall.

Embrace Thou Maryse

Reaction score
Helping Maryse practice her French Kiss...
Favorite Wrestler
maryse
Favorite Wrestler
therock4
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
That seems to be pretty much everyone's complaint about season 7, and the only one I really have a problem with was how Isaac died and the fact that he was forgotten by the end of the season :( I loved that guy. I kinda' liked the Dexter/Hannah interactions a good bit, don't disagree with the Lila comparison though, but I'm liking Hannah a lot more than I liked Lila. I do think the show is right to end this season because it's slowly going downhill, still enjoyable but it's good they don't drag it along anymore.

In Isaac they had the best or at least coolest villian of any season but he gets killed off halfway through the season by a nobody, Dex doesn't even get to do it. The pyromaniac just feels like he's thrown in there randomly to fill out a couple of episodes, they could have kept Isaac alive for those episodes instead.

It is definitely a good thing its coming to an end, rehashing alot of the same old stuff, season 7 was just a clusterfuck. Got a few things right but alot of things wrong. The maze killer could have been fleshed out more, very interesting premise for a serial killer but they all get killed off very easily in that season. Haven't seen any of 8 yet as I was waiting to watch 7 first, hopefully its as good as people say it is and the show ends with a bang rather than limping along.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'd honestly forgotten all about the pyromaniac because he was so unimportant. I enjoyed how they did the maze killer because that was one that obviously wasn't going to be there for many episodes and what little we saw of him was pretty great with that Vader mask. Also before Hannah was really a character, the boyfriend of hers killing himself was pretty fucking awesome how they did that.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Really wish Hannah would have been taken care of last season because even though I enjoyed her scenes with Dexter in the most recent episode, I just really don't think she's needed. I really hope she plays some role in the ending because if not and they brought her back for just a few episodes, I'll be pissed. Actually really liking Zach Hamilton and I didn't expect to, his scene at the station was pretty great. Him and Vogel are the best part about this season but like 7 they have too much going on and it's hard for me to give a fuck about anything else going on. Except Vince's daughter's boobs.

Oh and I so called Zach killing the cute neighbor girl :mark: I hope he kills Hannah next

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Really dig the Zack Hamilton character and that dude just looks creepy.... I'm glad I decided to not sit and try to figure out where they might be going with the ending and just decided to watch and enjoy each episode as if it were just another season.... It's been pretty enjoyable thus far, an easy step up from last season... oh yeah and Vince's daughters little perky tits!!!

Season ranks best to worst (I'll include 8 where I'd have it right now, but it can definitely change in either direction): 4, 1, 2, 6, 3, 8, 5, 7 and 5 only barely beats out 7 and that's because of Jonny Lee Miller

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Really dig the Zack Hamilton character and that dude just looks creepy.... I'm glad I decided to not sit and try to figure out where they might be going with the ending and just decided to watch and enjoy each episode as if it were just another season.... It's been pretty enjoyable thus far, an easy step up from last season... oh yeah and Vince's daughters little perky tits!!!

Season ranks best to worst (I'll include 8 where I'd have it right now, but it can definitely change in either direction): 4, 1, 2, 6, 3, 8, 5, 7 and 5 only barely beats out 7 and that's because of Jonny Lee Miller

He's the reason I have 5 beating out 3, and I just really didn't care for the Miguel Prado character.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
How many episodes is this season going to be?? just watched #9 and the ending and scenes from next week's seem to hint that they are starting the final push towards the end.... a little surprised the build has taken this long but it sure looks like shit is heading towards the fan and I can't wait for it to hit....