Dexter official discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
finale was ok... not great, not terrible...... don't wanna give any spoilers so I'll just say I would've done the last scene differently.... I guess it's just really really hard to deliver a finale that lives up to the greatness of the series

Dash

Reaction score
finale was ok... not great, not terrible...... don't wanna give any spoilers so I'll just say I would've done the last scene differently.... I guess it's just really really hard to deliver a finale that lives up to the greatness of the series

I'm in complete agreement with you. They should have just ended it with the scene at the cafe. But otherwise it was a good finale and it kept me interested throughout. I'm not ashamed to say that I went through about five emotions while watching it. In a way I'm glad that it's ended but I'm also a little disappointed that we won't get to see any more of it.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Last 20 minutes was bad. BTW if they dont want spoilers than they should come into the discussion until after they watch. Most of the episode was a bit of a snooze fest I don't think they built up Saxson enough to make his death all that thrilling it was good but Trinity was better. The whole fake death thing seemed dumb and with 5 minutes or so to go you knew he'd end up not dead so that was lackluster. They cut to Beard Morgan and what are we supposed to get from that he's severed all connections just a bit silly all season long you show him having a harder and harder time killing only to have him say well I'm a killer and I hurt people I'm around so I'm going to vanish? Then why do all the shit at the beginning of the season to establish change?

Fucking shoot out would have been better. Quinn finding out would have made sense it'd give the bit of life the episode needed and Quinn could let him go because he wanted to kill saxson too.

Reaction score
I have barely watched Dexter since the Trinity Killer arc and my god did I think this was bad; disappointing end to the whole Dexter series. I haven't watched much of season 8 admittedly and now I can remember why I gave up on Dexter heavily.

I presume noone aside from Doakes worked out he was Bay Harbor butcher which makes everyone look stupid and Dexter get's away with everything :S? Man, that's a silly ending, for a while I thought Saxon might actually kill Dexter then when he killed Saxon I thought Quinn and Batista were finally going to work it was Dexter who did everything but hell.

Imo piss poor writing to the series (which should of ended 5 odd seasons ago).

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Well that was quite an underwhelming ending. Just the writing this whole season has been poor. You had pointless side plots like Masuka' daughter coming along (what was the point in that? they didn't even move forward with it,) the black detective (well she has disappeared,) etc. Also one minute he needs to kill Saxon, the next he doesn't, then he needs to kill him, again. And how can you just flick the switch on somebodies life support like that and then to top it off, walk out of the hospital with the dead body? I dunno it just doesn't feel like Dexter anymore. I used to love this show and be so attached to it but it just doesn't connect with me anymore. Even with BB tonight I shed some tears. They turned Dexter into a pussy and made the show a cheap soap opera.

Just would of preferred this season to go in a different direction. Wish someone actually got to find out about the real Dexter. Like Batista.

Even former Dexter executive producer and showrunner Clyde Phillips', who left in 2009 after season 4, ending sounds better, albeit cliche.

"In the very last scene of the series," Philips explained, "Dexter wakes up. And everybody is going to think, 'Oh, it was a dream.' And then the camera pulls back and back and back and then we realize, 'No, it's not a dream.' Dexter's opening his eyes and he's on the execution table at the Florida Penitentiary. They're just starting to administer the drugs and he looks out through the window to the observation gallery. "And in the gallery are all the people that Dexter killed—including the Trinity Killer and the Ice Truck Killer (his brother Rudy), LaGuerta who he was responsible killing, Doakes who he's arguably responsible for, Rita, who he's arguably responsible for, Lila. All the big deaths, and also whoever the weekly episodic kills were. They are all there. "That's what I envisioned for the ending of Dexter. That everything we've seen over the past eight seasons has happened in the several seconds from the time they start Dexter's execution to the time they finish the execution and he dies. Literally, his life flashed before his eyes as he was about to die. I think it would have been a great, epic, very satisfying conclusion."

http://www.eonline.com/news/461558/...utm_campaign=twitterfeed_kristin&dlvrit=51396

Last edited:

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
Yeah, the hospital scene with Dex pulling the plug and then just walking right out of the hospital with Deb was crazy unbelievable.. seems like they wanted to have it that way but couldn't think of a realistic way to pull it off so they just said fuck it.... when the lumberyard scene started and it became obvious Dex was still alive, I was hoping that they were making us think the trucker. was Dex but then when he opened the door to his room it was the killroom set up with Dexter waiting for him.... anyway, I still enjoyed it enough (finales rarely live up to expectation and this is no exception).... think I just loved the show so much that I can deal with a subpar final season and episode

Reaction score
I smell a Season 8-Part II like the Sopranos got tbh.

Still this was a terrible ending XD... The fact Dexter let Saxon live should of done more than just get rid of Debs, it should of cost Hannah her freedom, Harrison his home and ultimately reveal Dexter as the BHB.

This ending pretty much goes "yeah, we're gonna come back to this."

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
I gotta admit I was into the first half of the episode. Dexter planting the bag and having Ellway get in shit from the TSA agents was pretty hiliarious. Classic boss Dexter planning right there. And Ellway getting stabbed from Hanna with the dart was a nice final fuck you to Ellway. How the finale handed Ellway was good in my books. And how they handled Debra's death was an interesting touch too. Debra was killed from a complication from surgery, which adds a touch of realism to how real life works.

It's when Dexter randomly kills Saxon is when the episode turned into complete shit. Dexter essentially killing Debra and taking her to the boat was pretty bad enough but DUMPING HER INTO THE OCEAN?? Like seriously? Why in God's name would Dexter think that's where Debra should lay to rest. And the fact that Miami Metro never really found out about Debra's death (much less Dexter's 'death') really saddens me too, in the wrong way.

And that final scene with Dexter.... meh. It could be worse I guess.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I smell a Season 8-Part II like the Sopranos got tbh.

Still this was a terrible ending XD... The fact Dexter let Saxon live should of done more than just get rid of Debs, it should of cost Hannah her freedom, Harrison his home and ultimately reveal Dexter as the BHB.

This ending pretty much goes "yeah, we're gonna come back to this."

Not happening that was planned for Sopranos. It's not planned for Dexter and the two lead stars didn't want to continue which is why they were discussing a spinoff with the rest of the cast who had no desire to quit. Now could a few years down the road they decide to come back maybe but I don't see it that way. I see it as writers who lost touch with the main character giving up and writing a lazy ending. Even if they were to bring it back eventually they could have done a much better job. The finale wasn't the only episode that sucked it was the entirety of the last season.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I'm fine with the ending, Saxon was a boss this episode. I was expecting meh so maybe that's why I didn't hate it so much. Ending was laughable though, should have just left him dead in the hurricane. lolumberjack

Also, Bautista and I have the same phone case.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
The Flaws

Things I just can't seem to stand about the show in general.

1. Why didn't we get more than two spots via camera with the dad this season. It was the perfect time to go back in a flashback with his dealing with it and doing what he did. It'd been better than half the shit we got.

2. Aster and Cody well Dexter has always come off as a bit of a dick in this area with me. Keeping Harrison and just ignoring the other two 80% of the time.

3. Harrison seems to jump five years in between 7 and 8 am I right?

4. Doakes gets killed cool. Quinn suspects but backs off because of Deb. Maria suspects gets killed sending Deb away. Why does Quinn not go back on the hunt with suspicions?

5. I appreciate getting to see the tits of Masukas daughter I wanted to see them since Friday Night Lights. But it goes completely unresolved. Other than a joke or two completely pointless.

6. Why does Hannah get harrison? And how the fuck does he remember her? Wasn't he always at Jamies?

7. Why does hannah get harrison? I get that they fell in love but she was still a black widow so can you really trust her with your son? Doesn't this kinda continue the cycle? Born in blood.(which has been drilled into us makes a serial killer) His new mother is a killer so she can show him the ropes without the code. You know just like the dude Dexter had to kill basically?

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I gotta admit I was into the first half of the episode. Dexter planting the bag and having Ellway get in shit from the TSA agents was pretty hiliarious. Classic boss Dexter planning right there. And Ellway getting stabbed from Hanna with the dart was a nice final fuck you to Ellway. How the finale handed Ellway was good in my books. And how they handled Debra's death was an interesting touch too. Debra was killed from a complication from surgery, which adds a touch of realism to how real life works.

It's when Dexter randomly kills Saxon is when the episode turned into complete shit. Dexter essentially killing Debra and taking her to the boat was pretty bad enough but DUMPING HER INTO THE OCEAN?? Like seriously? Why in God's name would Dexter think that's where Debra should lay to rest. And the fact that Miami Metro never really found out about Debra's death (much less Dexter's 'death') really saddens me too, in the wrong way.

And that final scene with Dexter.... meh. It could be worse I guess.

Thought the same thing for a minute but realized it went with what he was saying. She was pretty much another victim of his, and the ocean is where he dumps his victims. Everyone he surrounds himself with ends up being a victim. Hence why he has decided to be alone now.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Had to end up reading the spoilers for this season and I am disappointed with the way this show ended. Needed to take some notes from Breaking Bad in how to write a final season.

I don't understand why they spent so much time on new killers this season when it all should have been about everything unravelling for Dexter after LaGuerta was killed by Deb. Ridiculous that Miami Metro never found out that he was the biggest serial killer the city had ever seen. Him showing up alive at the end is a terrible way to end it, there was no closure. He should have been caught or killed not get away with it.

Will still get the DVD to watch it all properly but so disappointed with how this show ended up. It was an incredible show early on but peaked at Season 4. In the end they went on a bit too long and didn't wrap up the story well enough.

Reaction score
Will still get the DVD to watch it all properly but so disappointed with how this show ended up. It was an incredible show early on but peaked at Season 4. In the end they went on a bit too long and didn't wrap up the story well enough.

I think the whole really good seasons of 1, 2 & 4 plus a decent season 3 was when they had another producer/writer but he left at the end of Season 4 and the rest of it all has been quite miserable.

I did indeed give up on Dexter after season 4, hell I couldn't invest myself to watch season 5 - I've watched the season opening and finales and that's literally it :/.