Dexter official discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Discuss with other fans of Dexter on here about Season 7 or the show in general (especially later in the year when each episode of S07 is airing), post any news about the upcoming season but don't forget to include spoiler tags if it's a major news piece!

557182_10151463973260271_15526475270_300869762_1636074712_n.jpg

On Sunday, September 30th 2012, Dexter will make its seventh season premiere at 9PM ET/PT, followed by the highly-anticipated second season of the Golden Globe®-winning drama series Homeland at 10PM ET/PT! Only on Showtime Networks. Showtime is also expected to release the first teaser for the forthcoming seventh season of Dexter soon. Don't expect scenes from the new season - it will probably be like Season 6's teaser.

WS.png

WS.png

I've seen all Dexter seasons, and rewatched them not too long ago and own all of the seasons (1-5) on DVD also. Just waiting for season 6 to be released on DVD. I actually enjoyed season 6 despite quite a bit of negative reviews and thought it was pretty good with the religious stuff and it was a nice change considering in my eyes it was just a filler season for the next big couple seasons but hey, what's a bad season going to do considering the great seasons such as 1, 4, 2 and such. The last episode of S06 was so intense with DDK and Harrison, especially the GROUNDBREAKING ending with Deb finding out his secret. I cannot wait how it plays out each week on TV and I wonder if he will explain it all to her and if she understands, or they become partners with it all and she helps him with cases considering she is Lieutenant or he ends up having to kill her. This will be one of the last seasons of the show btw as the show will be ending when Season 8 ends so who knows what will happen in this season? Very unpredictable and we are in for an epic season with a lot of intense moments, and twists and turns. I don't know how I'm gonna be able to wait until September 30th though! I'm so addicted and I loved and hated the season finale cause now I'm pretty much dying inside waiting to find out what happens.

Last edited:

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I will mostly advoid this thread for the time being as I am only on the start of season six. Dexter is one of my favorite shows of recent years, but I do think it is getting to the point where it needs to wrap itself up, five was a poor season, not least compared to the shows high standeds, six has had a more promising opening, but realistically I don't know how long they keep the supense up and keep it interesting.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I will mostly advoid this thread for the time being as I am only on the start of season six. Dexter is one of my favorite shows of recent years, but I do think it is getting to the point where it needs to wrap itself up, five was a poor season, not least compared to the shows high standeds, six has had a more promising opening, but realistically I don't know how long they keep the supense up and keep it interesting.

Ah, alright and yeah the show is starting to run it's course but I still think it's pretty good and since I'm an avid fan I never want it to end. :( But it will be gone after 2 more seasons as MCH doesn't want to continue.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
I wonder if we'll see some hot incest action in season 7. That whole storyline completely came out of left field. To me I don't tank any seasons are really all that bad. The only season I was bored during was season 3. I've been thinking about reading the books to see how it differs from the tv show. I got a little into the first book but I have yet to finish due to a busy schedule. I've always wanted to see an arc where Cody gets Dexters blood lust but it seems they teased a bit with Harrison so I'm not sure if they'll do it again.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Still waiting for Season 6 in Australia so I am not fully caught up. I actually enjoyed Season 5 but in saying that it would probably be my fourth favourite out of five. It wasn't the best but I still enjoyed it. I have heard a few things about Season 6 but I am trying to stay away from too many definitive spoilers. I hear that Mos Def is in it so that should be fun. Hopefully the DVD is released here soon so I can watch it before Season 7 starts.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
So far six has been really confusing. Tonights episode was a total mess, as the story jumped about every way and lacked that normal Dexter edge, also most of it felt like a soap. Then again there has been promise in the overall theme of religion in the serious and the two villians (hope I am not giving too much away here!), but they are not focusing on that enough.

Five was way below the high standards of the first four Troy IMO, the Villians were weak (althrough they were played by good actors), the storys involving Angel/Legrita and Debs/Quinn just felt like filler and destracted from the overall plot and Dexter's romance just was not convincing.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Latest From Watch With Kristin - Spoilers About A New Character

spoiler.png

Latest from E!Online's 'Watch with Kristin' and another piece from TVGuide's Mega Buzz. They have provided new info, well spoilers, on a new female character 'Hannah' who joins Dexter!

Please tell me you have info on Dexter! — James
NATALIE: Could Dexter be getting a new lady-love partner-in-crime? It has been a whole season since the vengeful Lumen left Dex, and we're hearing that we'll meet a new lady with a violent past this season — but we also hear she's actually expected to stick around for a while. She's now trying to live a quiet life... until she meets Dexter.

David in Smithtown, N.Y.: You never give us any Dexter spoilers! Rude much?
We'll ignore the tone of your question, young man, and provide you with what you desire: Look for a recurring character named Hannah to join the show who's described as sexy, dangerous and a force of nature. She's got quite the past but is trying to put it behind her…until she meets Dexter. We're thinking she's going to have quite the affect on our resident serial killer considering there's a strong possibility Hannah will appear in season eight as well.

Interesting. Wonder how she will be introduced.

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Sounds a bit like a mix between Lumen and Lila. I wonder who they will get to play her as I am sure that they will have plenty of quality actresses that will want to work on this show.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
spoiler.png

Upcoming news may contain season 6 spoiler(s).

yvonne-strahovski-dexter.jpg

Actress Yvonne Strahovski has joined the cast of the Emmy®-nominated SHOWTIME® drama series DEXTER. Strahovski, who will appear in a multi-episode story arc in the upcoming seventh season, will play the role of Hannah McKay, a strong, sexy, independent woman with a past that she's struggled to put behind her. Until she meets Dexter. As a turn of events leads Miami Metro Homicide to ask for her help in solving some old cases, Dexter works with her and begins to wonder if there's more to this woman than she's professed. Is there a romantic entanglement ahead? Possibly. Something tells us Deb (Jennifer Carpenter) will not be a huge fan of Hannah. Of course she just found out her adopted bro is a serial killer, so she might have other things on her mind. Production on season seven began last week and will premiere on SHOWTIME on Sunday, September 30th at 9 p.m. ET/PT.

Yvonne Strahovski is best-known for playing CIA operative "Sarah Walker" on NBC’s long-running action-comedy Chuck, from executive producers Josh Schwartz and McG. Up next, she co-stars in two films: Guilt Trip opposite Barbara Streisand and Seth Rogen; and as the female lead in I, Frankenstein with Aaron Eckhart. She also starred in the 2011 Toronto Film Festival darling Killer Elite.

One of the most acclaimed series on television, DEXTER stars Golden Globe® and SAG Award winner Michael C. Hall as a complicated and conflicted blood-spatter expert for the Miami police department who moonlights as a serial killer. The show has received both multiple Emmy and Golden Globe nominations for best television drama series, as well as a prestigious Peabody Award in 2008, and was twice named one of AFI’s top ten television series. The show also stars Jennifer Carpenter, Desmond Harrington, C.S. Lee, Lauren Vélez, David Zayas, and James Remar.

Yvonne Strahovski ‏@Y_Strahovski - 4:14 AM - 13 Jun 12 via Twitter for BlackBerry®
Thank you guys for all the Dexter love !!!!!!!!!!!!!! Tra la la !!!!!!!!!

Good choice. She's a good actress. I was a big fan of her in Chuck and that was one of my favorite shows. She is very pretty imo. It will be interesting to see her play that kind of role that was said above in such a good, highly rated/critiqued show. And a show/role that's different to what she has done in the past and I'm excited to see her play something other than Sarah Walker. Going to be cool seeing them both (Dex and Yvonne) work together. What's also good is the fact she's an Aussie.

Season 7 shaping up to be good with an excellent storyline and a nice lineup of actors.

Last edited:

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Might download a few episodes or so for Dexter Season 7.

I enjoyed Dexter so I will tune in for Season 7

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
WS.png

Season 7, 7.01 "Are You...?" opening title.

5monthsedited.jpg

Showtime's Dexter is not back until the fall but, oh, the questions we have about the season ahead! What will Debra (Jennifer Carpenter) do now that she's onto Dexter (Michael C. Hall) and his serial-killing ways? And, what's up with the lusty feelings Deb's been having for her brother? OK, adopted brother. But still.

Picking up immediately where the finale left off, Season 7 will open with Debra's horrified reaction to seeing her brother kill last season's baddie, Travis. "Viewers might think we shy away from that moment of Debra walking in and seeing Dexter stabbing into Travis' chest, but it's just the opposite," says executive producer Scott Buck. "She now has to deal with what she's seen and what she knows. And it forces him to defend and define himself."

That's complicated given Deb's romantic feelings for her brother. "It's ironic that people are fine with Dexter jabbing people in the heart but mortified by this romance," says Buck. "We're not shying away from those feelings of hers, either."

Bonus: Instead of one Big Bad, this season will have several — and a Ukrainian strip club owner named Sirko (Ray Stevenson) looks especially psycho.

f9ea8aa785b704a9f7a5f93c7c691ce1_FULL.jpg

dexnew2.jpg

Sweet.

Last edited:

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
[video=youtube;uVzs3HaRfN0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uVzs3HaRfN0&feature=player_embedded[/video]​

Dexter returns for season 7 September 30th at 9PM ET/PT.

Teaser released on May 27th that I forgot to post here.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
WS.png

Here's an extra from the Dexter column of this week's TV Guide Magazine. Executive Producer Scott Buck spills more info about the season 7 premiere of Dexter. Read more after the jump...

Scott Buck: "We'll begin the new season in an uncomfortable position of Debra shining a light on Dexter, and asking: "Who are you?"

If you haven't watched Season 6, don't read above spoiler or if you don't want to know what happens even if you have seen Season 6. I cant wait.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Damn I couldn't help myself and I read the spoilers even though I haven't seen Season 6 yet. Didn't know about the Deb thing. Wonder how they will drag that bit out for two seasons.

Excited to see Yvonne Strahovski on the show since she is Australian. Seen some short videos of Chuck and she is good in the limited amount I have seen.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Having finished season six just last night I have a dilama over weather to watch the next one. For the first four seasons Dexter was one of my favourite shows on TV, however it has really
lost its way in the last two seasons and the most recent one was terrible. However because of the way season six ended :plotting: I am tempted to give season seven a go, but I don't know if that one storyline is enough. For those who have seen it, without giving anything away, in a word should I watch it?