Dexter official discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Having finished season six just last night I have a dilama over weather to watch the next one. For the first four seasons Dexter was one of my favourite shows on TV, however it has really
lost its way in the last two seasons and the most recent one was terrible. However because of the way season six ended :plotting: I am tempted to give season seven a go, but I don't know if that one storyline is enough. For those who have seen it, without giving anything away, in a word should I watch it?

Season 7 doesn't premiere til September 30th at 9PM ET/PT on Showtime. But yes, I definitely recommend you watch it. There will be more than that one storyline but what happens/the outcome with that storyline is let alone enough to watch it. And how they react throughout the season.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Hope seven is going to be the last season, based on the drop in the last two season, also because of the direction that this new delvolpment 'wink wink' is likely to take the show it seems a logical way to conclude it.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Hope seven is going to be the last season, based on the drop in the last two season, also because of the direction that this new delvolpment 'wink wink' is likely to take the show it seems a logical way to conclude it.

Showtime renewed Dexter for a seventh and eight season back in November. The month before that, reports surfaced that Michael C. Hall's contract negotiations had hit a stalemate, and the fate of Dexter was in jeopardy. According to Deadline, Showtime had offered M.C.H. $20 million for two more seasons, but the star wanted $24 million. No word yet on what number they reached, but thankfully they were able to iron out the details.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think both star and show should reliase that Dexter has run its course and should be proud of its legency.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
I think both star and show should reliase that Dexter has run its course and should be proud of its legency.

They still have a fair few storylines they can do if they want and the ratings/fans are still good for the show so why not? And I believe season 5 and 6 were just fillers after a great Season 4 preparing for a great Season 7.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
But season six was terrible, it has become a soap oprea which just happens to feature serial killers. They have lost the basics of telling a good story. Two examples:

SPILORS

The brother Sam character was introduced and given very little to do for the first few weeks and then just as he is getting more interesting they decide to kill him off. How dumb was that?

Second example was when they switched from Dexter's father to brother to be his Dark Passager which I thought was a great idea which would freshen up the show, but then it only lasts for a episode. What a waste!!

Also two whole seasons of filler sounds a bit much to me, sounds like you are making excuses for them. Dexter has lost the plot, time to drop it before it is remembered as below average show rather than a classic cult one.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Latest from TVLine's Michael Ausiello. Click the read more button to read a new spoiler about the forthcoming season of Dexter!

Question: Do you have any scoop on Dexter? —John

Ausiello: Dex may want to stock up on singles: Strip clubs (one in particular) will play a sizeable role in Season 7.

Cool.

Dexter to Headline Comic-Con 2012 - Press Release

Showtime's Dexter will kick off Comic-Con this year, the network announced today. Via press release: Thursday, July 12: DEXTER: The gasps from last season’s finale can still be heard among every DEXTER fan as their worst fears were realized – Dexter got caught and by none other than Deb! What will he do, what will she do…what’s next for America’s favorite serial killer? If the suspense is killing you, then don’t miss this incredible panel, where you’ll be the first to see the Comic-Con EXCLUSIVE first two minutes of the season premiere. Moderator Ralph Garman (KROQ entertainment reporter) presides over a revealing interview and Q&A session with the stars and executive producers of Dexter. Featured panelists include series star/executive producer Michael C. Hall (Dexter), Jennifer Carpenter (Deb), special guest star Yvonne Strahovski, and executive producers John Goldwyn, Sara Colleton and Scott Buck.

Plus, Dexter fans will be the first to see the world premiere trailer of one of the hottest series on television, the Golden Globe-winning drama Homeland, presented by executive producers Howard Gordon and Alex Gansa.

Prior to the DEXTER panel, SHOWTIME will also debut the first chapter of the new season of the animated webisode series "Early Cuts: All In The Family," narrated by Michael C. Hall, written by Dexter producer Scott Reynolds and illustrated by celebrated comic book artist David Mack. "Early Cuts: All In The Family" continues to tell important stories from Dexter Morgan's past – this season written thematically to tie-in to the season six cliffhanger, as Dexter reflects back on other instances where his sister, Deb, has sensed his darkness. Satisfy your obsession with America’s favorite serial killer all weekend. Head to the Showtime booth (#4129) for Dexter giveaways and signings, and stop by the Entertainment Earth/Biff Bang Pow (#2343) for exclusive merchandise. The new season of Dexter premieres on September 30th at 9 p.m. ET/PT only on SHOWTIME. Room: Ballroom 20. #dexterSDCC

Can't wait to see the all new trailer. :mark:

Who Will Join Dexter's Panel at Comic-Con 2012?

So far, the actors and producers that were announced for Dexter's Panel, at San Diego's Comic-Con 2012 in Ballroom 20 are: Michael C. Hall, Jennifer Carpenter (after 1 year of absence), the new special guest star and 'Chuck' alumna Yvonne Strahovski and executive producers John Goldwyn, Sara Colleton and Scott Buck. The list will not end here because there will be more!

:y: Just what was said in the press release.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
[video=youtube;-OLyJdnLuTU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OLyJdnLuTU[/video]

Published on Jun 21, 2012 by SHOWTIME
Dexter returns for season 7 September 30th at 9PM ET/PT.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Currently halfway through Season 6. Enjoying it so far although it hasn't been as strong as previous seasons, I don't think that enough focus has been on the Doomsday Killers. Too much time was spent on the personal side of the characters, some is needed but not so much that it takes over from the central point. Can't stand Quinn again and I hope that he isn't used next season. I really like the addition of Mike Anderson, nice to see a strong, smart professional detective which is a contrast to the other cops on the show.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Currently halfway through Season 6. Enjoying it so far although it hasn't been as strong as previous seasons, I don't think that enough focus has been on the Doomsday Killers. Too much time was spent on the personal side of the characters, some is needed but not so much that it takes over from the central point. Can't stand Quinn again and I hope that he isn't used next season. I really like the addition of Mike Anderson, nice to see a strong, smart professional detective which is a contrast to the other cops on the show.

But he isn't given anything to do, so far there is nothing which makes his character stands out and apart from the logic of him replacing Debs there is no reason for him to be there. You are spot on about the lack of focus on the killer, the Quinn character has become just so boring and predictable. Also the point about the sub-plots is that in prevous seasons they have tied quite nicely together with the whole overall narractive, now they just seem like needless extras.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Executive producer Sara Colleton gave an exclusive and spoilerish interview on TVGuide.com. One of the things she said was that the next season of Dexter will be the final. We'll post her full spoilery interview later.

Since the show has been renewed for two more seasons, is this definitely the end?
Colleton: This was definite. We wanted to end it this year, but the network convinced us that it would be best to do it in two years. In some ways, this is a two-season series-ender. We have worked that out and know where it's going to end. Next year will definitely be the last year of Dexter. Absolutely.

Nooooooo. :( Dexter is going to end after Season 8.

eb928e14bf3211e19e4a12313813ffc0_7.jpg

Check out above two new set photos from the seventh season of Dexter. The guy who took these photos said: “They're filming one of my favorite shows, Dexter, a block away from my house again! I think I'll chill on the block until I see Michael C Hall or Jennifer Carpenter.”

Wonder what it will be used for. Man I'd hate to be a director/producer. So much has to go on. wow.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Again? Must live on the street they used for the trinity killer wonder if it's the same house? Most likely it'll be the killer of the seasons house.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Think it is ending a year to late, seven would have been about right epscailly with the devolpment in the Debs storyline really bringing their realtionship to a head is the one major thing the show has left to do.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
[video=youtube;aq8PI_rw7u0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aq8PI_rw7u0&feature=player_embedded[/video]

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
[video=youtube;7kXqEpXcOQc]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kXqEpXcOQc&feature=channel&list=UL[/video]

[video=youtube;0ApduoVXUr0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ApduoVXUr0&feature=player_embedded[/video]