BREAKING NEWS: Jerry Lawler in Montreal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Edgeomatic

Reaction score
[video=youtube;sjeSWElxhPw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sjeSWElxhPw[/video]

I found that through a general interest forum I'm on. A member of the crowd took video of Lawler collapsing and the immediate aftermath. Hard to watch.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
According to Memphis based WMC-TV, Lawler will undergo heart surgery today, and according to Dave Meltzer(take it for what its worth), Vince McMahon was right beside Jerry through the entire ordeal(he also claims that reports of the heart attack are unconfirmed, but I would take the word of Lawlers gf over him about it).

Also found this interesting information.

- After RAW went off the air, John Cena and Bret Hart hung around ringside for around 10 minutes with the fans. One sports journalist who was at ringside asked Hart about Jerry Lawler’s condition and Hart told him that Lawler was in really bad shape.

- Jerry Lawler’s heart attack at RAW Monday night has been picked up by several mainstream media outlets including FOX, CNN, the Associated Press and others.

- The mood backstage at RAW Monday night was a very tense one. When the scare with Jerry Lawler first happened, nobody was paying attention to the show and a lot of the crew were in groups praying.

More than one source is reporting that EMT’s backstage saved Lawler’s life. That gives you an idea of how serious Lawler’s condition was. People were talking about how it’s a good thing Lawler had the scare at a WWE event where proper medical staff were able to treat him and save his life. Lawler just returned from an independent wrestling tour of Aruba where things could have been different.

At last word, Lawler was listed in stable condition at the cardiac ICU of a local Montreal hospital. A fan in attendance at RAW noted that there are several hospitals within 15 minutes of the arena.

Read more: Update On Jerry Lawler’s Condition, What Happened After Raw, Backstage Mood At Raw | PWMania

Really didnt think about it last night, but reading it, Jerry is extremely lucky that it happened durring the event. WWE did a great job of keeping it off screen as much as possible(I watched the replay and caught some of the incedent, as my tv was muted durring the first play, I didnt know anything happened until reading the news here), and Cole being allowed to sit there silently was a way better way of handling it then having someone else come down and he & Cole try to act as if everything is alright.

Cant wait for the news that says hes alright.

Undertaker

Reaction score
I have to be honest, I was surprised that the commentary was cut off half way through the show. WWE would have got no complaints had they of just cancelled the show halfway through and gave everyone their money back. At the end of the day most people in the crowd were not interested in the in-ring action and I as I'm sure many people did completely switched off after the incident mainly in the hope we were not going to be told again that another legend had died. It was interesting to note that apparently Vince McMahon was at Lawler's side throughout backstage.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Just thinking about the whole situation again, thank god Orton won that poll to face Punk and not Lawler 1on1 otherwise it could have potentially been alot worse if that's even possible.

IA-SteveB

Reaction score
Just thinking about the whole situation again, thank god Orton won that poll to face Punk and not Lawler 1on1 otherwise it could have potentially been alot worse if that's even possible.

That could have been REALLY scary if it happened mid match. People may be thinking it was part of the match, including the ref and Punk. Delaying medical attention would have been a bad thing for him. I'd have to think Punk would know something wasn't right, but you never know. I hope Jerry pulls through ok.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Lawler's workload for years has been pretty hectic and I bet these 3 hour Raws may have been more stressful with him being apart of the actual show as well as commentating. I think WWE handled it well. Some can say they should have ended the show but Mr. McMahon lives by the motto "the show must go on." Drastic maybe.

I could go back and see all the sympathy in this thread and compare it to all the hate Lawler has gotten lately TO GET THE FUCK OF TV but I think I'll refrain. It's a somber hour after all.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
Lawler's workload for years has been pretty hectic and I bet these 3 hour Raws may have been more stressful with him being apart of the actual show as well as commentating. I think WWE handled it well. Some can say they should have ended the show but Mr. McMahon lives by the motto "the show must go on." Drastic maybe.

I could go back and see all the sympathy in this thread and compare it to all the hate Lawler has gotten lately TO GET THE FUCK OF TV but I think I'll refrain. It's a somber hour after all.

Erm, there's a difference between on screen character opinion of someone, and opinion of the off screen normal guy...

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
I still say he hasn't been a good commentator in years, but that doesn't change my opinion of him personally or that I would want something like this to happen to get him off the commentary table.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
The hate has been pretty intense and included a couple death threats in recent Raw threads...

Maybe that's just Hatred.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I have to be honest, I was surprised that the commentary was cut off half way through the show. WWE would have got no complaints had they of just cancelled the show halfway through and gave everyone their money back. At the end of the day most people in the crowd were not interested in the in-ring action and I as I'm sure many people did completely switched off after the incident mainly in the hope we were not going to be told again that another legend had died. It was interesting to note that apparently Vince McMahon was at Lawler's side throughout backstage.

Think about that though. How would you give everyone their money back that would take far too much effort sure you could refund credit cards but the venue would have to have people available to recieve tickets to refund. Within minutes you have to find alternative programming to send USA which is probably not really at the ready (it maybe around but it's not planned for). You then also have to scramble for police to get outside the venue for traffic issues etc.

Cancelling the show really isn't that great an option.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

I'd assume more people switched onto Raw after it happened to see what was wrong with King, rather than tuning out.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah ummmm speak for yourself because I was still very interested in the show afterwards and would've been fucking pissed if it cancelled. Seriously, who appointed you to speak on behalf of Montreal? People definitely wanted to know what was going on with Jerry, but that's doesn't mean we wanted to go home. Maybe you just weren't paying attention during the last segment when the crowd was completely pulled into that Cena/Bret/Punk confrontation.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Came off to me like the crowd was wondering what in the world was going on with Jerry but as the show went on they got back into it esp the final seg at least that's how it came off on T.V. We seem to know a lot more of what was going on than the live crowd did.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Yeah they didn't tell us anything. Didn't even know for sure it was a heart attack until we got home. We saw Cole giving that announcement explaining the situation, but it wasn't shown on the Titantron and we couldn't hear him.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Kind of good news possible bad news type of update here.

wrestling-edge.com said:
Former WWE Diva Stacy Carter (“The Kat” and “Miss Kitty”), the ex-wife of Jerry Lawler, says the King is being taken out of sedation and is now responsive after undergoing more heart procedures on Tuesday.

There is now fear that Lawler might have suffered brain damage during RAW after suffering a heart attack, when his brain was deprived of oxygen for several minutes.

Carter released this statement on Facebook:

“I have an update on Jerry. The docs are removing his ventilation & taking him out of sedation. He is responsive, which is great!!! It took a while to revive him last night so there’s the concern of brain damage. He had some tests done which will show how much if any damage there is due to the lack of oxygen to his brain. Unfortunately, the results won’t be in until in the morning. I appreciate all the calls, texts, tweets, & Facebook messages of support & I know Jerry will too. Thanks everybody!!”