BREAKING NEWS: Jerry Lawler in Montreal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Jerry Lawler just no-sold a heart attack is he in Montreal or Memphis?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Jerry freakin' Lawler ladies and gentlemen. :Clap:

Undertaker

Reaction score
This is fantastic news for everyone who was doubting whether or not Jerry Lawler would make it after his heart attack. It's amazing to see how well he looks, smiling and talking to people as if nothing has happened - that's fighting spirit. There is a serious side to this though which is he must accept that his wrestling days are over due to his health. Sadly, he will have to reign himself in and be content to be a full-time commentator. I sincerely hope he makes his return soon.

Reaction score
In what way is Matthews, Cole light? He actually calls the fucking show without trying to get himself over as if he's the star. That's all I want from my announcers.

They're both very generic announcers. The only way that Cole ever really got past that was when he got booked in angles where he became a dick head character. Matthew is pretty much what Cole was about 3 years ago, before the personality implant. Heck, he's even become the target of uncomfortable man-stalking from Kane, much like Cole was the object of Heidenreich's obsession several years ago.

That's fine and all to have a broadcaster in the lead announcer position. But wrestling still attempts to play up that sports angle now and then. And sports broadcasts tend to do well having a guy that can play the part of someone that can give the perspective of being on the other side.

But there's also the bigger issue of variety being a good thing. And again, Cole and Matthews are cut from the same cloth in a manner of speaking. They've developed a broadcaster style of delivery, they have this look the TV broadcaster look. That's why made the combinations of Vince / Jesse, Gorilla and Jesse, Gorilla / Heenan, and even Cole / JBL work. They were very different people that brought very different presences to the broadcast booth.

Then again, some people advocate getting rid of all the larger characters like Big Show or Mark Henry since they're "slow". Seems people think they want a homogenous show. Have everyone with similar looks, similar builds, similar styles.

Sorry, but that's boring as fuck. So is Cole / Matthews.

AF.

Reaction score
I think he will be fine considering his in-ring career is over. It's been over for a long time, to be honest. Great to hear he's doing well.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
This was just awful to hear about not sure I really want to see it TBH. Just good news that he seems to be okay and I wish him the best in a full recovery and return at some point as long as it is not to the ring.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
WWE announced this evening that Jerry Lawler had returned to Memphis today and would be featured next week on a taped interview on Raw.
WWE sent their corporate jet today to bring Lawler from Montreal back home to Memphis.

Will be good to hear from him and see him on RAW again. Good idea to have a taped interview rather than trying to attempt a live sattelite interview with him, less pressure and stress on him this way.

Class act by WWE to give him the corporate jet to help him get home.