BREAKING NEWS: Jerry Lawler in Montreal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Hey this is actually We Are Legion, Im on Gina's phone. We are at Raw and somrthing just happened to Lawler behind the desk. He was laid on the ground during the Daniel Bryan tag match and an army of security carted him out on a stretcher through the crowd. It was not on the Titantron so I am guessing it was not shown on tv. The whole crowd is chanting "Jerry" like crazy and we are on commercial. No idea what happened, looked like a heart attack or something.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Really can't see this being a work at all. Fuck, I hope he's alright.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
There's a few reports of a heart attack on Twitter, can't be confirmed until details are released but I really hope he is alright.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Doesn't sound good at all for Jerry. At least WWE got in there quickly and managed to get him out without any fuss. Hopefully it just ended up being a dizzy spell after his match and not anything as serious as a heart attack.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Was wondering why Jerry was being chanted and the crowd died but now I get why. Really hope Jerry is okay but that don't sound good at all.

Doink

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio
Favorite Wrestler
reymysterio
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
christian
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Hopefully he's ok, hope it's nothing serious.

chefboyardee

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
briscoebros
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
nxt
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
clearly his in ring career is over wwe will never let him in there again.thankfully its not tna or hed be in there next week.hes probably just dizzy or dehydrated from his match and hopefully he will be fine.he may be a crummy commentator but the man is a pure legend and an all time great.

Jay

Reaction score
PWTORCH said:
According to live attendees at Monday's Raw in Montreal, Raw announcer Jerry Lawler had a health scare - potentially a seizure - during the Daniel Bryan & Kane vs. Prime Time Players tag match. Lawler, who wrestled in a tag match earlier in the night, dropped out of sight in the middle of the match. Michael Cole went silent on commentary and the crowd looked toward the announce table as medical staff attended to Lawler. Cole did not acknowledge the situation in the moment and attempted to continue calling the match.
At the end of the next segment at 10:20 p.m. EST, Cole said Lawler collapsed ringside and was being given CPR backstage at the moment.

UPDATE:
Just to add to the Jerry Lawler situation for those who didn't catch it during Raw...

-During the tag match in the ring, Lawler was doing commentary as normal. No sign of any issues with his commentary with about two minutes left in the second hour of Raw. Then his commentary stopped.

-The camera angle showed Lawler bent over in his chair as someone at ringside was tending to him. He seemed to perhaps be heaving or struggling but was moving and conscious, it seemed.

-The crowd began to notice and stand up with a look of concern. Someone at ringside ran to the back. Charles Robinson, the ref, noticed and looked distressed. Titus O'Neil motioned with his hand for help to come quickly.

-The next camera angle two minutes later that showed a glimpse of ringside showed the tech's head behind the desk, but Lawler apparently on the ground behind the desk. The crowd slowly became more aware of the issue with Lawler's health. Cole continued to do commentary, but seemed concerned.

-The tag match continued to its conclusion five minutes after Lawler went silent. They cut to a long commercial break.

-Then at 10:17 p.m. they went to Cole at ringside who looked very shaken up. He could barely speak as he said it was "not part of tonight's entertainment." He said they are performing CPR backstage. His demeanor suggested this is a very, very serious situation.
WWE's official statement:
From WWE's website: "WWE.com has learned that the WWE Hall of Famer collapsed at the announcers's table and was tended to in the locker room area by WWE medical staff. Lawler was then taken from the arena to a medical facility in Montreal." This followed an announcement by Michael Cole during Raw that Lawler was given CPR backstage.
It seems to be non-scripted. I will keep you posted if anythingcome use.

Here is an insight to Lawlers health. He seems to be healthy, but you can be the healthiest person in the world and still suffer from a heart attack.
PWTORCH said:
I just spoke to Randy Hales, a longtime friend and business partner of Jerry Lawler in the Memphis wrestling scene. He was my guest on a tribute show to Jerry Lawler two Fridays ago on the PWTorch Livecast. He said as far as he knows Lawler had not had any health issues recently. He saw him several weeks ago and he never looked happier to him. Lawler, he joked, was living the life Jerry loved to live, with a young girlfriend in her early 20s.

Cole just said Lawler is more responsive and is reacting to lights shined in his eyes. He's in an isolated part of the E.R. and is awaiting a cat scan. Cole said, "In typical Jerry Lawler fashion, he is fighting hard." He said their thoughts and prayers are with him. "Come on, King, get through this," he said as they cut to another break.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
This isn't scripted this is very, very real. It is good that he is starting to respond but he has a long way to go. Would have to be the end of his in-ring career and I can't see him back for quite some time. Wrestling isn't important now, getting healthy again is all that matters.

Reaction score
I didn't even notice that there wasn't any commentary towards the end of the Primetime Players/Bryan & Kane tag match and then they show Cole with no Lawler and my first reaction was something happened because Cole looked like he was going to lose it. I'm hearing numerous reports about what happened, did he have a heart attack or a siezure or is it still unknown?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
This isn't scripted this is very, very real. It is good that he is starting to respond but he has a long way to go. Would have to be the end of his in-ring career and I can't see him back for quite some time. Wrestling isn't important now, getting healthy again is all that matters.

I hope thats the case but every major event in his life he's cured with wrestling. Divorces deaths etc he's just thrown himself into his work. May have to re-read his book now.

Hope we get told definitively it was a heart attack or a aneurysm

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I didn't even notice that there wasn't any commentary towards the end of the Primetime Players/Bryan & Kane tag match and then they show Cole with no Lawler and my first reaction was something happened because Cole looked like he was going to lose it. I'm hearing numerous reports about what happened, did he have a heart attack or a siezure or is it still unknown?

Still unknown at the moment. At the end of RAW they said that Lawler was soon going to undergo a CAT scan and then they will know more.

I hope thats the case but every major event in his life he's cured with wrestling. Divorces deaths etc he's just thrown himself into his work. May have to re-read his book now.

Hope we get told definitively it was a heart attack or a aneurysm

I would hope that he would know when is the right time to stop. I am sure that WWE will give everyone a complete update on his condition when they know more.

Reaction score
Still unknown at the moment. At the end of RAW they said that Lawler was soon going to undergo a CAT scan and then they will know more.

Thank you! The initial announcement was serious and then all of a sudden the commentating from Cole just stopped all together and I thought something much worse happened and they were buying time to make an announcement, but luckily nothing of that came about.

Now did anyone really watch the tag match he was in, when Ziggler dropped kicked him, he got him hard on the the left side of his chest. If you can go back and see the footage you'll hear a pop from the hit. It sounded brutal, but I didn't think anything of it until after a while following the announcement he collapsed.

Reactions: 1 person

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I didn't see the match as I only tuned in when the Kane/Bryan vs. PTP match started but I do wonder if one of the knocks from the match could have dislodged something (like a blood clot) or moved something around in his body to where it shouldn't be.

The part that really scared me was when Cole updated the fans after being silent for a match and he said "Jerry Lawler passed ...." I freaked out but then he said "out" when I was expecting to hear away.

Reaction score
Yeah that is a great possibility that one of those could of happened. He was very active in the match and took several shots from Ziggler in the chest and I mean Lawler is in his 60's and taking shots in the chest isn't something you should be doing at that age even if it is just professional wrestling because easily something like this could happen.

And I agree, that was the same time it felt something was even more wrong, like the feeling there around Cole was worse. But as you mentioned Cole didn't say the word we anticipated. When they cut to Cole my first reaction was similar to when it happened with Owen Hart and they cut it to JR and Jerry.