BREAKING NEWS: Jerry Lawler in Montreal

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I didn't actually realise that Jerry was that old (62), he is one year younger than Flair and three years older than Hogan. I thought that he was in his early fifties so he has kept himself in good shape. Hopefully that will help him make a good recovery but honestly at that age he shouldn't really be in the ring anymore.

Reaction score
Yeah I really believe that this was his last time in the ring, at least as a wrestler.

I just read on a site via a fan from what they saw that Lawler turned blue and grabbed his left arm, which is a sign of a potential heart attack, but nothing is confirmed on that.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Alright now that I'm home and not texting on ~Fallen Angel~'s phone, this is the complete run-down:

About halfway into the Kane/Bryan/PTP match, I looked down and noticed Jerry was laying his head on the announce desk and not moving at all. I'm seriously not kidding, I was probably one of the first few people in the arena that noticed. At least a full 30 seconds went by before even the people that were sitting directly behind the announce table started to get up and look over the barricade.

At first Cole was standing up directly over Lawler, so I figured they were having a heated argument or something, you know, like they often do. But then Cole sat back down and pushed his chair really far away from Lawler completely away from the desk and I noticed none of this was being shown on the Titantron (which as many know is usually showing what's being aired during the match). I also noticed Cole was still talking, but I wasn't sure if he was doing commentary or something else. This was about the time people started moving forward and looking over the barricade.

Almost immediately after that, several people in black shirts, probably a mix of security and paramedics rushed in from the lower corner through the floor crowd aisle. It took 3 men to carefully remove Jerry from his seat and lay him on the floor. At my angle, I couldn't see him laying there or what was going on. About a minute later they raised him up on a stretcher and moved him out the same lower floor aisle, and not up the entrance ramp like they normally do when someone is kayfabe injured. By this time everyone in the arena was aware of what was going on and that red-hot Montreal crowd went dead silent. They were chanting "Oui! Oui! Oui!" for Bryan like crazy all night, even before the Superstars tapings started. Yet, no one was chanting anything after Bryan picked up the win after that match.

I'm not sure if this was shown on Raw television, but WWE was celebrating "Pat Patterson Appreciation Night" tonight, as Pat Patterson is a Montreal local. Justin Roberts announced during a commercial break about 45 minutes later, "Due to Jerry Lawler's "condition", Pat Patterson Appreciation Night will be postponed." The crowd began chanting "Jerry! Jerry! Jerry!" again for at least the 10th time since the incident. They were chanting it during every commercial break.

After the show as CM Punk disappeared backstage, Cena was still in the ring and someone in a black suit told Cena something through the ropes and Cena looked horrified. His hands were covering his mouth and his eyes were wide open as if in complete shock. Cena uttered something into the microphone as if he was about to say something, but the same man in the suit quickly cut him off and looked to be telling him not to say anything. Cena and Bret Hart continued to shake hands with fans at ringside afterwards, but no one said anything about Jerry's condition, which honestly doesn't sound good at all.

Wish I could give more positive news, but whatever happened is definitely going to mean the end of Jerry's in-ring career at the very least. If you were there in the arena and saw what we did, you would have assumed the exact same thing.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Legion the rumored reason that Cena was cut off was so that Cole could make the closing announcement.

Reaction score
I think he means after the show with Cena in the ring, but I could be wrong

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
themiz
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
paulheyman
Holy crap, I just saw that. I hope he pulls through okay.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
My sources are reporting either a stroke, heart attack, or a possible illness as the crew washed down the entire announce area.

The fact we know he is breathing on his own, is responsive, and that he is in better shape than most men his age are all good signs right now. Free health care wont hurt either. I wish the absolute best, and that a full recovery will be sooner rather than later.

**UPDATE**

The following is from the Facebook of Jerry Lawler’s girlfriend Lauryn Laine McBride:

“Thanks everyone for your thoughts and prayers. It has been confirmed that Jerry did have a heart attack…he is in stable condition and breathing on his own & heart is stable. I’m getting on the first flight out of here to be with him & will keep everyone posted. He is a strong man and we will get him back at his best as soon as I can get him home! I love you so so much baby!!”

Read more: http://www.pwmania.com/jerry-lawler...d-heart-attack-issues-statement#ixzz268U3JxvY

Last edited:

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Very lucky to have survived a heart attack, the medical crew that got to him so quickly did a fantastic job and according to some reports may have even saved his life.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
It will be a long haul from here for Jerry. Apparenty he did a few indy shows over the weekend in Aruba before heading to Canada so he would have been very tired and not 100%

I just hope he doesn't wrestle again so this doesn't happen again, then again it can happen to anybody. Jim Ross is on NXT and is permantly in Florida and Oklohama... Should Lawler do the same?

AF.

Reaction score
Damn I entered this thread thinking Lawler had died. I am glad to hear it was a scare and not something more serious. I hope he recovers.

Undertaker

Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers with Jerry Lawler, his family and his colleagues. It is amazing that when something happens like this in the wrestling industry how all the fans pull together. I sincerely hope that he pulls through and we don't go through another tragedy like we did with Owen Hart. This will be the end of Lawler's in-ring career for sure. Lawler is known to be a workhorse but what he really needs to do is take time off. You could tell that after his match there was something not quite right, he did not appear as excitable as he usually does. Perhaps it was something to do with a move that was performed either by him or on him which caused the heart attack.

Nonetheless, get well soon King.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Damn I entered this thread thinking Lawler had died. I am glad to hear it was a scare and not something more serious. I hope he recovers.

Actually yeah, a heart attack is pretty fucking serious.

Edgeomatic

Reaction score
Holy crap. Glad to hear he's doing ok though. I hope he can at least come back to commentary somewhere.

Reaction score
Hello, Fallen Angel. :side:

Yes, it was awful. The only thing that ran through my head was, "please, let him be okay." I am RELIEVED that he is slowly recovering. He should strongly consider not wrestling ever again after this.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
LATEST UPDATE: 9/11/12, 12:20 p.m.
As of this morning, Jerry "The King" Lawler is in a cardiac care unit and all his vital signs are stable. WWE will provide additional information as it becomes available. We continue to wish Jerry all the best for a full recovery.