Bound For Glory

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

TheAnswer

Reaction score
What I really hate about this is now who is the top face? Ken Anderson? Kurt Angle? RVD?

And now all the talent is heel...Sting, Pope, Jarrett, Hogan, Hardy, Abyss, Aj Styles, Kaz, Morgan,

Personally, I would trade Jeff Hardy for AJ and have Hogan join Flair and AJ. Hardy cant talk and now will try to get himself over as a heel....not gonna be easy to do. I like that Hogan, Bish, and Jarrett are heel because quite frankly all of them are excellent heels. I don't like that Hardy is heel though because he's just not right for a heel run

chessarmy

Reaction score
The heel turn made absolutely no sense, it was the worst ending to a TNA PPV in history and a complete waste of my money.

Fuck this company.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
lol saw this elsewhere and it made me laugh.

June 17th- Abyss chokeslams Hardy off of the stage and through a table

June 24th- Abyss tells Hogan "they" are coming and then chokes him while shoving hogans ring down his throat. Later on Hogan hits Abyss with a chair

July 1st- Hogan and Abyss brawl. Hardy makes the save by giving Abyss the twist of fate and a senton. Later Abyss and Hardy have a match full of hatred induced violence.

July 8th- Hardy and Mr. Anderson double team Abyss and hit him with a chair

Aug 19th- Hardy and Abyss have a nearly 5 minute backstage brawl

Oct 7th- Abyss eliminates Jarrett and Hardy from a battle royal costing them "100,000 dollars"

Oct 10th- SWERVE!!!!

Axis

Reaction score
lol saw this elsewhere and it made me laugh.

June 17th- Abyss chokeslams Hardy off of the stage and through a table

June 24th- Abyss tells Hogan "they" are coming and then chokes him while shoving hogans ring down his throat. Later on Hogan hits Abyss with a chair

July 1st- Hogan and Abyss brawl. Hardy makes the save by giving Abyss the twist of fate and a senton. Later Abyss and Hardy have a match full of hatred induced violence.

July 8th- Hardy and Mr. Anderson double team Abyss and hit him with a chair

Aug 19th- Hardy and Abyss have a nearly 5 minute backstage brawl

Oct 7th- Abyss eliminates Jarrett and Hardy from a battle royal costing them "100,000 dollars"

Oct 10th- SWERVE!!!!

/TNA

TheAnswer

Reaction score
But really every swerve really doesnt make sense besides a few....

Lets remember some of WWE's.... Austin joined McMahon and Triple H after 3 years of feuding with McMahon and after Triple H ran him over with a car and Austin tried killing Triple H.....

Or Triple H and McMahon swerve at WrestleMania 2000.

Or Undertaker taking out Paul Bearer at GAB 2004 for no reason...

Swerves are just there for the company to try something new and have certain guys be bad and certain guys be good. It will help with there explanation on Thursday but I'll just give TNA that every swerve really doesnt make alot of sense if you think about it.

Reaction score
The thing about TNA swerves is that the bloke that is booking them has a notorious history of booking them for the sake of booking them. Or he is just a big fucking idiot, which is easily evidenced, and really has no other booking knowledge, thus making his employer the dumbest fucking employer for employing someone with such a limited grasp of his position. Vince Russo is a putz and has booked zero effective swerves since leaving the WWF and Vince's creative filters. Remember the David Arquette swerve? The nWo 2000 swerve? Or the other 50,000 ineffectual swerves that he booked WCW out of business with? Of course not, because they were booked for the sake of booking them. He's truly useless and talentless, his track record demonstrates such and TNA will NEVER prosper with this guy at the creative helm.

And for all the TNA appologists, fuck off. This isn't bashing a terrible product because of bias, this is bashing a terrible product for being a terrible product. We have these discussions regarding TNA every six months or so.

TNA apologists: "Well the build up was really good. Don't bash TNA, WWE fan boys"
Anyone with half a brain : "What good is the build up if the pay off leaves dirty ass taste in your mouth?"
TNA appologists: "Well, you're just bashing, but WWE is far worse...*have no valid retort, resort to comparing and bashing*

It's not a WWE-TNA thing, WWE, while not great, at least gives LOGICAL fucking endings to their storylines, despite sometimes being painfully obvious. TNA gives you dumb shit that makes no sense for the sake of not making sense. Circular booking, folks, that's what you get with this shit. It goes nowhere, you get some turns but you still feel stupid and disappointed for watching it and no amount of awesome ring work can save a product if the storylines behind it are as dumb as Adam.

Axis

Reaction score
Also, I can't believe people are saying that Angle vs Hardy vs Kennedy was good to start with. Considering the fact that Angle hyped it up as being a classic BEFORE IT FUCKING HAPPENED (something that he does faaaaaar too often), this was such an immense letdown. He bragged about how he laid it out, and there was nothing to it. It just happened. Moves were done. I know I've harped on Angle's disillusion that finisher's make a match great, but let's take a look at a statistic. I did a finish count during the match. The results:

Jeff - 4
Kurt - 5
Anderson - 3

And that does not include the Angle Moonsault or any of the countered finishers. That's 12 finishers in a ~15 minute match (I'm chopping off the bullshit at the end). THAT'S NEARLY A FINISHER A MINUTE WHAT THE FUCK. Nobody even reacted when people kicked out of each other's finishers. The finisher is one of the EASIEST ways to get some quick emotional involvement in a match, and they even failed on that level. Taker/Michaels got ragged on for having too many finisher kick outs, but at least those showed STRUGGLE, and they took the time to space them out. These happened one after the other, and they didn't mean anything. How something so basic can go so missed is pathetic. That main event was absolutely horrible, and anybody who defends it knows nothing about professional wrestling.

Reaction score
^^^And the biggest difference between HBK/Taker and ANY TNA Angle match that gets pimped is that HBK/Taker told a really good story with Micheals fighting for his career and Taker logging on for his streak to not end. But with a TNA Angle match there are like fifteen Angle slams, thirty german suplexes and like 12 ankle locks and reversals. It's just spot after spot for the sake of over exposing moves and that's just terrible business and almost zero psychology and that's sad coming from Angle. No sell, just spots, that's a TNA match.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
No sell, just spots, that's a TNA match.

While I agree that is stupid, it seems (sadly) that there is a market for this stuff.

All of it though in other media forms comes to what amounts to fast food entertainment and what is more or less a shortcut to thinking.

It seems these days like people don't want to have to use that thing between their ears they would just rather be numbed.

Pat Patterson

Banned
Reaction score
If I were able to rename TNA, it would be TNB, "TOTAL NONSTOP BULLSHIT".

That's why you don't trust anything to a fucking woman.