Beyonce cuts management ties with father

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
beyonce-w-magazine-june-2011-.jpg

sneak peek of her 3 different covers for w magazine

Kairi

Reaction score

Beyonce, spotted in New York last week, has given a whole new meaning to the phrase “putting in work”. She reportedly overwhelmed Columbia Record Executives recently when she presented them with 72 tracks to consider for her forthcoming album titled “4″.

A source claims:

Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>“When label staff leave Beyonce to get on with things, they tend not to interfere when she’s making an album.[...] But they weren’t prepared for the sheer volume of material she presented to them. She’s clearly been very productive. Now they have the hard job of going through all the music and deciding what will make (the album).” </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>
With all that music, she might as well release another double disc. Last week, she previewed a few tracks in New York for fans and our friends over at Concrete Loop were in attendance. She also played the video for them twice. Here’s how CL described the video:

Quote:
<TABLE border=0 cellSpacing=0 cellPadding=6 width="100%"><TBODY><TR><TD style="BORDER-BOTTOM: 1px inset; BORDER-LEFT: 1px inset; BORDER-TOP: 1px inset; BORDER-RIGHT: 1px inset" class=alt2>They say we are the first to watch the “Run The World (Girls)” video. (Her fans start to get excited) Video starts. Beyonce walks on, she’s on a car dancing about. There is a Lion that walks up to her and she pets it. The dancing in the video is dope, she is going in. She moves her shoulders to the beat in a feather bolero. Beyonce sticks up her middle finger in the video but it’s blurred out. Actor Collins Pennie is co-starring in the video. Beyonce holding two hyenas on leashes. She is kicking up dirt and dancing with her army of girls. Beyonce does some type of aerobatic move in the dirt; rolling around real expressively. Overall, the video was hot and adds to the song. </TD></TR></TBODY></TABLE>

Kairi

Reaction score
After much delay, it was this morning confirmed that the premiere of Beyonce’s ‘Run The World (Girls)’ is set for this week. The Francis Lawrence directed clip will be the first visual to be released to support the ‘Single Ladies‘ singer’s upcoming album ‘4′.

Find out when and where ‘Run The World (Girls)’ premieres after the jump…

As if fans of ‘American Idol’ didn’t already have an incentive to tune in this week, they will be pleased to know that ‘Run The World‘ will reportedly make its debut on this Wednesday’s episode (May 18th) {Source}.

The visual was initially set to be released last Friday on VEVO, but was delayed after it was confirmed the budding icon was still in the process of “perfecting it”.
Let’s hope the video is worth the wait.

Kairi

Reaction score
It’s official. Beyoncé will debut her new video for “Run the World (Girls)” in front of millions on “American Idol” this week.

The visuals for the first single from the singer’s fourth solo album 4 will air Wednesday, May 18, on Fox’s “American Idol,” her official website confirmed. Following the TV broadcast, the video will be available online.

Originally scheduled to premiere last Friday on VEVO, the Francis Lawrence-directed clip was mysteriously delayed. It was shot over several days in California in April.

It is unclear whether Beyoncé will be on hand to drop off her video, but her cousin hinted at a possible appearance. “Tune in Wednesday May 18th to see Beyonce on American Idol,” tweeted Angie Beyince.

Kairi

Reaction score
For years, many doubted Kelly Rowland. Indeed, for some, allowing the 30 year old to emerge from the shadows of bandmate Beyonce was just too tough a task.
However, with her latest single ‘Motivation’ fast approaching ’smash’ status, the Stateside masses are seemingly welcoming the Pop star back – and are this time ready to see her as a solo force in her own right.
One man who long saw the potential in Rowland is producer Rico Love. Tapping into that potential, he and the singer churned out her biggest hits in recent memory – Europe’s ‘Commander’ and, of course, ‘Motivation’.
Speaking to our friends over at Singers Room, Love shares histhoughts on Rowland’s resurgence and why she’s making it big this go round.
His comments after the jump…

Of Rowland, Love said:
“I’m excited for her because she deserves it. She’s a superstar. Sometimes you have to let people know how much of a star they are; you have to remind them how great they are because being in a situation where she was number two for so long and not in a bad way because that was her role, it’s kinda hard to step outside of that. So to be able to help her step outside of that and realize that she’s a leading lady and make her command her own presence in the studio and fighting with her and her fighting back and us just meeting in the middle and saying ‘this is what we’re going to do;’ we gonna make history. It’s exciting to see the numbers and I’m proud of her.”
As regular visitors will know, we’ve long shared Love’s sentiments and are glad to see everything come together for Ms. Kelly. With their undeniable musical chemistry, Rowland’s forthcoming ‘Here I Am’ LP looks set to please. Love, according to sources, has 3-4 placements on the record, and joins an all-star cast of hitmakers already on board, which include Jim Jonsin, Dr. Luke, Stargate, RedOne, Tricky Stewart and Rodney ‘Darkchild’ Jerkins.

‘Here I Am’ hits stores late Summer/Early Fall.

Kairi

Reaction score
According to producer Rico Love, singer Kelly Rowland has finally stepped out of the shadow of Beyonce. In a recent interview Love, who has written and produced hits for Usher, Keri Hilson, Beyonce and more, said Kelly’s growing success with her new single “Motivation” shows that the singer is more than capable of becoming an international star in her own right.
“I’m excited for her because she deserves it” Love said. Sometimes you have to let people know how much of a star they are; you have to remind them how great they are because being in a situation where she was number two for so long and not in a bad way because that was her role, it’s kinda hard to step outside of that. So to be able to help her step outside of that and realize that she’s a leading lady and make her command her own presence in the studio and fighting with her and her fighting back and us just meeting in the middle and saying ‘this is what we’re going to do;’ we gonna make history. It’s exciting to see the numbers and I’m proud of her.”

And speaking of the numbers, “Motivation” continues to climb the Billboard charts thanks to a steady increase in airplay and digital sales. The song is #2 on this week’s Billboard R & B/Hip-Hop Songs chart and moves up to #26 on the Billboard Hot 100.
Switching gears for a moment, music and television producer Simon Cowell is reportedly trying to woo Kelly to join the judging panel of his U.K. hit show X-Factor. According to the Daily Star, Cowell is looking to revamp the series and thinks Kelly has what it takes to attract those lucrative young viewers that advertisers crave.
Kelly told the Star “The X-Factor is an amazing show. I love Simon because he is honest. Everything he says I agree with it. I don’t know what kind of judge I would be though.”

Should Kelly join the panel, she would be joining a show that has lost two of its other high profile judges, as both Cowell and Cheryl Cole have left in order to start work on the U.S. Version of the program.

Kairi

Reaction score
I bet that is what Beyonce and her camp must be thinking in light of the latest rumor to surface about the booty shaking diva.

According to an anonymous email that was sent to bloggers, including this one, Beyonce Giselle Knowles reportedly used a dance body double for certain scenes in her “Run the World (Girls)” video- specifically from the 1:05 mark to the 1:43 mark.

Apparently someone thought Beyonce’s head looked like it was digitally placed on a thinner and better dancer’s body.

Seriously?

Now did Bey’s head and shoulders look odd during the opening dance sequence? Yes. But I think that can be chalked up to her wardrobe, which had most of her neck hidden by a large necklace and furry vest.

So what does the Bey camp have to say? So far nothing. Like Britney Spears, who
dealt with a similar issue when she released her “Till the World Ends” video, they will probably ignore it until someone like Piggy Hilton picks up the story?

Kairi

Reaction score
LAS VEGAS, Nev. --

Beyonce has throngs of fans – including celebrities and political power players – and a few famous faces will be part of a tribute to the “Run The World (Girls)” singer at the Billboard Music Awards, Access Hollywood has learned.

Sources tell Access that First Lady Michelle Obama, Barbra Streisand, Lady Gaga, U2 frontman Bono and Stevie Wonder will take part in a tribute to Beyonce at this Sunday’s award show in Las Vegas, where the 29-year-old beauty will be honored with the Millennium Award.

Beyonce recently teamed up with the First Lady and the National Education Foundation in the fight against childhood obesity, and worked with fellow pop superstar Lady Gaga on their 2010 hit, “Telephone.

The stunning singer also performed Etta James’ classic ballad, “At Last,” for President Obama’s inaugural dance with Michelle in 2009.

The Billboard Music Awards air on Sunday at 8 PM ET/PT on ABC.

Kairi

Reaction score
Stars React to Beyoncé’s Billboard Music Awards Performance

<CENTER>
beyonce-bbma-2011.jpg
</CENTER>
Beyoncé converted any remaining non-believers with her show-stopping performance of “Run the World (Girls)” at Sunday’s Billboard Music Awards. But her fans weren’t the only ones impressed by what they saw. The superstar’s peers took to Twitter to sing her praises following the innovative display. From her sister Solange to fellow divas Rihanna, Pink, and Keri Hilson, hear what the stars had to say about Bey.

Missy Elliott: BEYONCE go awwf! Wow!!! All i can say! BEYONCE a True Entertainer!! U Deserve the Sucess! Such a Hard Worker!
Rihanna: Congrats to Beyonce on a #MAJAH award and tribute #1LOVE #diditonem #brrrap #fancy #fashion #Rah #STAN #stadiumstatus #Werk #RihannaNavy
Rev Run: These effects are nuts! #Beyonce
Jermaine Dupri: Beyonce hitting that stanky leg on y’all lol
La La Vazquez: B.E.Y.O.N.C.E———–> UNREAL! UNBELIEVABLE! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWWWWWWW
Karina Pasian: Okaaaayyyyyy SOOOO I hope everyone knows that NO ONE CAN COME ON AFTER THAT PERFORMANCE BEYONCE I FRICKIN LOVE YOU
Estelle: #allyeseverything. bey @ #bbma
LeToya Luckett: No,thank u…. Lve U. Happy tears…
Solange: I can’t feel my face I’m smiling so hard!!!!
Keri Hilson: THAT SHIT WAS ABSOLUTELY AMAZING…BEYONCE…INCREDIBLE!!
Monica: Beyonce always has known how to bring the house down…what she does takes diligence, dedication & straight up hard work. She be Killing it
Tiffany Evans: Im so happy for Beyonce!!that performance was justttt ughhh!!!Dope way to come back.
Trey Songz: Congrats to B! She the illest
Diplo: Whoa beyonce on bıllboard awards jus made me spıt my burıto out & had to get a defıbrılator
Rye Rye: Can’t lie Beyonce killing her performance of Run the World lol yessssss Bey!
Jazmine Sullivan: just incase u ain’t know! ima #beyoncefan. the b killed. taught her all the dance steps myself:) ….jk
J. Cole: Beyonce.. G.O.A.T. woww
Sean Garrett: Congrats B well deserved!!
Ledisi: Yes Ms. Beyonce is incredible!Love her always.
Omarion: #Beyonce is the Truth!! Hands down!! Wow!! Real performer!! I’m speechless!! Serious..I’ve never witness such greatness! So humble,so thankful..wow!
Taraji P. Henson: WEEEEEEEEEEEEEERRRRRRRRRKKKKKKK!!!! #Beyonce
Pink: Beyonce just KILLED it at the Billboard awards. So original, so rad. Me and @hartluck loved it.
Rodney “Darkchild” Jerkins: Watching Billboard Awards and after that performance by Beyonce, I don’t think anyone else should perform tonight! She is just that good.
Polow Da Don: BEYONCE IS WHAT ITS LIKE TO GET IT RIGHT!!!!! #SOINSPIRING. I LOVE MF’s THAT LIVE IT….
Brandy: All I can say is WOW about a mind blowing performance on the Billboard Awards!! I’ll leave it at that!!!!!
Angela Simmons: Man I just seen beyonce’s billboard performance. She’s amazing WOW!!!
Melanie Fiona: I need EVERYONE to recognize that #Beyonce had one of the sickest performances last night in the HISTORY of live tv. #bestinthegame xo
Binkie of Electrik Red: The rapture did happen and we all just watched the second coming of CHRIST! JESUS is in fact a woman and his alias is BEYONCE’ #repent

Kairi

Reaction score
May 23 2011 5:35 PM EDT 6,757
Beyonce 'Felt Honored' To Perform On 'Oprah'

Singer's choreographer gives MTV News the inside scoop on her farewell-week performance.

By Jocelyn Vena (@jocelyn1212)

Donning a tuxedo bodysuit and surrounded by a cavalcade of all female backup dancers, Beyoncé strutted her stuff as she performed her new single "Run the World (Girls)."

"Oprah, your persuasion can build a nation," B said mid-song. "We love you, Oprah. Thank you," she told the talk-show host at the end of the performance, giving a hug to Winfrey.

Last week, MTV News spoke to Beyoncé's longtime choreographer, Frank Gatson Jr., who commented on the honor of performing for Oprah during her epic farewell week. (The final "Oprah Winfrey Show" episode airs Wednesday.)

"It's amazing. Me, myself, Beyoncé, people of color — we have so much respect for that woman. How can we say no to [Oprah]? She possesses something that God has given her, 'cause when I saw her onstage of all the people that were there, everyone's in awe of her — Tom Cruise, Halle Berry, Madonna — so we felt honored, privileged. That's why Beyoncé pushed us so hard. She wanted to make sure that Oprah's proud of what she did for her show. She did such an important number.

"In Oprah's world, women rule the world, so how coincidental that Beyoncé's song is called that?" he continued. "So it was just appropriate, perfection. I loved it. It was great to be there. The energy in that place was unbelievable."

Kairi

Reaction score
What you see is what you get when it comes to Tionne "T-Boz" Watkins. The laidback, cool chick of the platinum-selling trio TLC has never minced her words or thoughts on any topic and she isn't about to start now. Despite being labeled as "too quiet" on the current celebrity edition of "The Apprentice," T-Boz ***ures that she had one mission: to promote and raise awareness and funds for sick cell anemia research, which she accomplished. ESSENCE.com sat down with the golden beauty to discuss why Donald Trump gave her the boot, why she isn't hating on Beyoncé like some think, and immortalizing her life on-screen.

ESSENCE.COM: At 38, you still have what it takes, performing over in Japan and getting your swerve on. Well, you're no longer on "The Apprentice," and some say you were too quiet. Do you think that was a strike against you?
T-BOZ: Yeah, I know what people think. I just laugh at people's comments because I wasn't as quiet as they made it seem. Remember, that's what they call "editing." There's a lot of stuff that folks didn't see, but for the most part I got along with everyone once I told them what I thought, so everyone was cool.
ESSENCE.COM: (Laughs.) Uh-oh! What did we miss and how badly did you read those unsuspecting folks, Miss Tionne?
T-BOZ: (Laughs.) Annie Duke, the poker player, I told her she wasn't a people-person and I don't disrespect myself and that I'm not the one you want to step to like that. I promised my mama I wasn't going to embarr*** her, but I still wasn't about to let her talk to me any old kind of way out the side of her mouth. I'm a grown-a*#
woman, and we are about the same age; I just look younger. I reminded her that she had kids at home watching so she should watch what she said to me because you can't talk to me any old kind of way. Her excuse was that she was used to being her own boss, and I explained that I'm used to be being my own boss as well but I don't talk to my people with disrespect. It's not what you say but how you say it, and she took it to heart and said she'd work on it.

ESSENCE.COM: (Laughs.) Poor thing. She didn't know about you but she does now. So why do you think you were booted from the show?
T-BOZ: If you don't keep up drama they aren't checking for you. I wasn't a drama queen. But I think what did me in was when I volunteered to go back in the boardroom and stick up for Melissa. When I was the project manager I won and no one had anything to say about me because my sh-- was tight. I don't play that mess when it comes to my work ethic and I was on top of everything. Donald couldn't say anything to me except that he thought I was stiff and I'm like, Yeah well I'm not. So when I went back in the boardroom the following week he fired me. I started laughing because I'm thinking, That's a good one, Donald, you fired me because I volunteered. I was cool with it because it was my daughter Chase's b-day the next day and I was able to spend time with her, so it was cool. I was tired and ready to go home anyway.
ESSENCE.COM: Well, there's been a lot of talk in the blogosphere that you were jealous of Beyoncé after making comments about Columbia Records dropping Kelly Rowland.
T-BOZ: (Laughs.) First of all, if I'm going to be jealous of anyone I'm going to be jealous of my **** self because I can't even do TLC again because that was a phenomenal once-in-a-lifetime opportunity that I can never get back. For the record, I'm not jealous of Beyoncé. I like her and Destiny's Child, because if folks remember, TLC went on tour with them for two months when they were just starting. The blogs like to twist things and make something out of nothing. I was simply expressing my thoughts on girl groups in general and that my personal choice would never be to put myself in a situation where I'm in a group that is managed by one of the group member's parents. I think that Mathew and Tina have done a great job, so it's no diss to them or not taking away anything from what they've accomplished. I just know what would not work for me, because, at the end of the day, if a manager has a personal
relationship with someone in the group they are managing, they are always going to have that person's interest first and foremost and that's all I was expressing.
ESSENCE.COM: So, we hear you're going to make an appearance on "The Real Housewives of Atlanta." Would you consider joining the next season?
T-BOZ: (Laughs). **** no! I went on there for my girl Kandi Buruss [the newest cast member and writer of TLC's hit "Scrubs"] and we just had lunch together, which is what we normally do anyway. They've asked me to make more appearances but for what? If Bravo wants to start leasing out some checks then that's cool (laughs). Now, if we're in the studio working on music together and the cameras happen to be there that's different, but I don't plan on making any more appearances. No, but seriously, I'm
happy for Kandi and I can't wait to see the show.
ESSENCE.COM: Well, who needs dramality TV when you're having a film made about your life? What made you have a change of heart about doing the TLC story?
T-BOZ: I didn't think enough time had p***ed when Chili and I were initially approached. It was much too soon after Left Eye's death. I wasn't together or focused. Now, I'm more open to it. They say time heals all wounds and I think

Kairi

Reaction score
Whilst many have heralded Beyonce’s Billboard Music Awards performance as being ‘epic’ and worthy of high praise, the 29 year old entertainer has come under fire for supposedly stealing the show-stopping concept from an artist named Lorella Cuccarini.

The showing, which saw the ‘Broken Hearted Girl‘ singer perform intense choreography alongside 3D imagery, has been labelled by some as a direct rip-off from a rendition put on by the Italian artist some time ago.

Breaking her usually silent stance on such topics, Beyonce has spoken out on the matter. Find out what she had to say after the jump…

Via AOL:
‘My makeup artist showed me the performance of Lorella Cuccarini a year ago, and it inspired me so much’, she went onto reveal ‘I then met with the talented people who worked on it. The technology and concept were so genius. Thank God for YouTube or I would have never been exposed to something so inspiring. I never worked so hard on anything in my life as that performance for the Billboard Awards’.

Kairi

Reaction score
As somewhat of a surprise, Beyonce’s team are drip-feeding the full tracklist of of her hotly anticipated ‘4′ album.

Beyonce ‘4′ Tracklisting

11. I Was Here
‎12. RunTheWorld(Girls)
‘4′ hits stores via Columbia/Sony Music on June 28th.

i'll update as more come available since they slowly releasing them

Kairi

Reaction score
For the second week in a row Beyonce has chosen to turn to American Idol to unveil her latest musical offering. Last week it was to debut the video for her single “Run the World (Girls)” and this week it was to give her first live and televised performance of “1+1,” the second single off of her upcoming album “4.”
Reportedly written by The Dream and with a decidedly R & B feel, “1+1” is as different from “Run the World (Girls)” as one can get. Reminiscent of the power ballads from the 1980s, the song finds Beyonce begging to just be made love to. If “Run the World” was for the ladies, then “1+1” is without a doubt for the lovers. http://brownsista.com/beyonce-unveils-new-single/beyonce-4-album-promo-shot/

The single has already been made available for download and probably not a moment too soon. As great as many people think the “Run the World (Girls)” video and performances have been, it has not been enough to catapult the song back into the iTunes top 10. After peaking at #12 earlier this week the song has once again started to lose steam and now sits at #18.

On a high note, the “4” album is officially available for pre-order and doing so will reportedly get you the new single for free.

Check out Beyonce’s performance of “1+1″ on American Idol below.

[youtube]yyIsm8hpzp8[/youtube]