Beyonce cuts management ties with father

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyoncé and her father are going their separate ways. The superstar will no longer be managed by her father Mathew Knowles, it was announced today.

The Grammy-winning singer’s publicist released a statement to The Associated Press revealing that Beyoncé and Mathew have split “on a business level.†While they may no longer have a professional relationship, a grateful Beyoncé adds, “He is my father for life and I love my dad dearly.â€

Knowles managed his daughter since the start of her career as a member of Destiny’s Child and for her three solo albums. She is currently working on her fourth studio album, but new management has not been announced.

Her Destiny’s Child bandmates Kelly Rowland and Michelle Williams previously split from Knowles to pursue solo careers.

Kairi

Reaction score
TIFFANY EVANS SPLITS FROM MATTHEW KNOWLES

via her verified twitter account, also he released a statement i'll be posting as soon as i find it

The Announcement that I was going to make is that I am No Longer Managed by Mathew knowles.In all Honesty it was a Great Learning Experience but the BEST decision was made for me.I appreciate so much the support that The Music World family has shown me but feel best at this stage in my career to go a different direction with my choice in management.I am so very pleased with it and I can't begin to tell you how I free I am and the excitement behind what is going on with my project now!I truly know NOW that this is the start of a great journey in my career!.Can't wait to share the OTHER exciting news! Love you #TeamTiff!! ; -)Cheers to success!

Kairi

Reaction score
The decision for Beyoncé and Music World Entertainment to part was mutual. We did great things together, and I know that she will continue to conquer new territories in music and entertainment. Currently, I am very focused on the tremendous investment that our record label has made in the gospel/inspirational genre of music and on our supremely talented roster of artists, including Trin-i-tee 5:7, Brian Courtney Wilson, Juanita Bynum, Micah Stampley, Vanessa Bell Armstrong, Pastor Rudy and others.
Music World will continue its partnership with Sony with Destiny’s Child and UK female group From Above, as well as management. We will also continue to develop the Music World family of labels: Music World Country/Compadre, Music World Kids and Music World Music. In Music World’s repositioning it will not continue its label/management role with Columbia/Sony artist Tiffany Evans.

Business is business and family is family. I love my daughter and am very proud of who she is and all that she has achieved. I look forward to her continued great success.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I kind of been thought they weren't really doing much together business wise so not really surprised by this.

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyoncé Turns Back Time for New Photo Shoot

beyonce-retro-2.jpg

The Beyoncé machine is ramping up again. After some down time, the pop powerhouse is staging her return to music. She was spotted on set of a photo shoot at a grungy motel in New Jersey on Thursday (March 31) with photographer Ellen von Unwerth, who shot Rihanna’s Rated R packaging.

It is unconfirmed exactly what the shoot was for, but the singer was dressed in ’70s-inspired garb, with a burgundy feathered coat, blue bell bottoms, and dramatic makeup.

Kairi

Reaction score
Earlier this week, <NOBR style="COLOR: #95181c" id=itxthook0w0nobr class="itxtrst itxtrstnobr itxthooknobr">Beyonce </NOBR> released a statement, revealing that her father Mathew Knowles would no longer manage her career. In a recent interview with HipHollywood, Michelle Williams reveals that she was surprised to hear that Beyonce in Mathew parted ways. She also says:
I mean when you think of family, thats all she’s known since she was a little girl but she is a grown women now, so you’re grown, you make grown decisions. Some are harder than others but the love is still there. I don’t want it to be like I’m speaking for her but thats her father you can always get another management but you can’t get another daddy. So, I can’t wait till we all get together again.
On whether there will be another Destiny Child album/reunion

He [Matthew] always leaves that question of wonder when he says things like that. One minute its yes, next minute its no. I don’t know. but he still manages Destiny’s Child as a group, so will see, you never know, one day when were all married and have children maybe thats when will all get back together because thats when we will have something cool to sing about.

Kairi

Reaction score
Thanks to a Twitter leak by designer Roberto Cavalli, we know that Beyonce has shot the video for her first single. Now thanks to another leak, we may finally know the name of the single.

According to a tweet from someone named @Beyoncelite, the singer’s new single is titled “Girl,” and like all Beyonce singles, is rumored to be a female empowerment anthem.

@Beyoncelite also says a video for the single will be shot this week and directed by Francis Lawrence. This of course goes slightly against what Cavalli said a week ago, so this news should be taken with a grain of salt.

Whatever the case, Beyonce’s long awaited return to the music scene is definitely upon us. Are you ready?

Kairi

Reaction score
Hot Shot: Beyonce Films New Video

beyonce2.jpg

Beyonce will be returning to a radio near you a lot sooner than expected! The entertainer was spotted on the set of the video for her new single, reportedly entitled ‘Girl’, which is set to hit the airwaves in the coming days. Are you ready?

Kairi

Reaction score
more shots from beyonce's vid

beyonce.png

beyonce3.png

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyoncé’s epic video shoot continues. After filming in the desert and rounding up a battalion of ladies for a revolution, Mrs. Carter left her footprint in the sand on day three of the Francis Lawrence shoot for the first single from her much-anticipated fourth album. The uptempo record was reportedly produced by Diplo (M.I.A., Chris Brown) and samples Major Lazer’s “Pon de Floor.”

In the latest crop of images, Bey showed some leg in a bright yellow dress and knee-high stiletto boots with black gloves, commanding her troupe of all-female dancers, who donned colorful outfits. The shoot has remained top secret, but the paparazzi still managed to snap a few on-set pics.

beyonce-sand-2.jpg

beyonce-sand-3.jpg

beyonce-sand-1.jpg

Kairi

Reaction score
The beautiful Kelly Rowland hit up Power 105.1 earlier today and chit chatted with the Breakfast <NOBR style="COLOR: #95181c" id=itxthook0w4nobr class="itxtrst itxtrstnobr itxthooknobr">Club </NOBR>. She discussed everything from Beyonce’s recent split with Mathew Knowles, to the type of men she is attracted to. Check out excerpts from the interview below:
On her genre of music
It’s so funny because everybody tried to put me in a box “Oh, so you do dance now.” For me, I don’t allow nobody to do that to me. At the same time I was recording
dance <NOBR style="COLOR: #95181c" id=itxthook1w2nobr class="itxtrst itxtrstnobr itxthooknobr">music </NOBR>, I was recording “Smooches,” I was recording all these different types of records that were more so urban. I just tried something out and it just so happened to work. I love it all…if I can do it all, then why not?

The world would like to put you in a box. They just believe since you’re black, you should do black music, so when you go and try and do something else and that works “Oh, she’s a black girl doing dance music.” Jodie Watley showed us we can do it all, Diana Ross showed us we can do it all.

Why do you think you’re received dance music more than America?
Actually America is getting more into dance. You got Chris Brown who just did “Beautiful People,” (which is my morning song) to Akon who did “Sexy Bitch” and Rihanna did a lot of dance music. I think that music has these different feels now where you can just play. You’re allowed to be an artist and I think that’s dope.

You’ve dated all kinds of guys from different places. Do you recommend dating a white guy?
Yes, you can. I mean it’s completely up to you. I like a black guy just as much as I love a white guy.

Do they treat you any better because I’ve heard white guys would go down on you more?
You know what? To me it just depends on the guy….if they like that. Of course, it’s better to find a guy that you can motivate to like that. I like me a nice swag of a black guy, I can’t even lie. To me, black guys and Arabic guys their swag is almost the same.

What penis size is bigger, black or white?
I think it varies with guys; it doesn’t matter if you’re black white or whatever.

What’s you’re relationship with Mathew Knowles after leaving management with him?
I’m still very supportive of Mathew. I’ve been supportive since day one. He’s done great with Destiny’s Child, look at what he did. He definitely set us up to have great careers, so we’re not mad at that at all and I wish him the best.

Above anything it’s just growing up. I think when you grow up, you;re allowed to make decisions on your own and I support every decision Beyonce, Michelle and Solange makes.

You’re a beauty dark skin woman; do you ever feel like your darker complexion holds you back in the industry?
If you allow it to. I think what you think is what you kind of force that thought on people. I think as black people, haven’t we done that for years enough? “Oh my gosh, if you’re this, than you’re that..” We buy so many products as black women period. I don’t feel like there’s no reason for us to feel like we’re not as great as anybody else. I always hear women say “Oh, I’m dark skin, my dark skin color has set me back..”

On her dating life
I’m actually single. I mean you have your little side things on the side. I like somebody to stimulate me intellectually.

On sending naked photos
You don’t send anybody naked pictures if you’re not married.

Will Destiny’s Child ever reunite?
I don’t know. Right now Bey is about to drop a record, I’m about to drop a record and we’re making our own music. Michelle is doing her plays and it’s all great.

On reconciling with LeToya Luckett
We are grown women there is no reason for us women to hold anything against each other. We always run into each other. I remember when me, her and Bey ran into each other at T.I’s concert in Atlanta. We all sat there and talked for hours. It’s cool..it’s old, it’s over ten years old.

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyoncé is pulling out the big guns in the music video for “Girls,â€￾ the lead single off her highly-anticipated fourth album. According to the clip’s director Francis Lawrence, the visuals go above and beyond what the superstar has done in previous videos.

“It’ll be big, it’ll probably be one of the bigger Beyoncé music videos ever done,â€￾ he told MTV News. “And, I can say that I think the song is unbelievable.â€￾

The famed visionary confirmed “Girlsâ€￾ as the song’s title, but kept mum on the concept of the video. “She would probably have me shot if I said anything. … Some stuff spilled out, but she wasn’t happy about it, so I’ve been sworn to secrecy,â€￾ he said, referring to photos that surfaced from the shoot.

“Girls,â€￾ which was filmed over several days in California, marks the first music video he’s helmed since Lady Gaga’s Grammy-winning “Bad Romanceâ€￾ in 2009. He hopes Bey’s latest will achieve the same success.

“The Gaga thing took me by surprise, ’cause I’ve done videos for probably 15 years, and I had forgotten what to felt like to have a video premiere and have it be anticipated and have it explode,â€￾ he added. “And yeah I hope the same for Beyoncé, but I don’t know if that’s gonna happen. It is a fantastic song, so I really hope that song catches for her, and I think the video’s gonna be really fun and cool and different for her.â€￾

Kairi

Reaction score
Kelly Rowland Returns to R&B Roots on New Album

Rico Love is no stranger to working with Kelly Rowland, having penned the Destiny’s Child member’s 2010 dance hit “Commander” as well as the sizzling, Jim Jonsin-produced “Motivation,” the first single from her forthcoming album due this summer.
While Kelly’s foray into dance last year may have thrown her stateside fans for a loop, overseas they welcomed the change. But Rico, who’s crafted about 10 to 12 songs for the album, says she’s returning to her R&B roots these days.

“‘Commander’ overseas was the No. 1 dance record and No. 1 in airplay, so it did very well in other countries,” the hitmaker tells Rap-Up.com. “They didn’t release it here in the States officially. But I think ‘Motivation’ speaks to her core fans. It’s soul, it’s sexual, it’s Kelly kinda taking a stance and being a lot more sexual and emotional like the Kelly [her fans] fell in love with.”

Fans can expect to hear elements of both classy and sassy on her third solo LP. While Kelly will be driving down the same lane of the radio-friendly R&B tunes that she crafted with Beyoncé and Michelle Williams, she’ll also make pit stops on the dance side of the road.

“I think it’s a good collaboration of both,” Rico shares. “I want to make sure we’re clear that there’s no indecisiveness or scatterbrained type of vibe. Being an artist, what happens is you start going through different things and you start enjoying different parts of your life and start reminiscing and remembering, and that’s what the studio experience is about… Sometimes you start here and end up here, but that’s where the music takes you. I think it’s gonna be leaning toward the urban rhythmic side.”

While a tracklisting has yet to be finalized, Rico is confident that “Love Is the Greatest,” a soulful tune he wrote with a distinct reggae vibe, will make the cut.
“I did that with Salaam Remi,” he reveals. “It just feels so good. It showcases her vocals. I take pride in vocals and I take pride in producing vocals and pulling out the best vocals I can out of all the artists I work with. To me, the artist is the instrument. So if I’m writing a melody and coming up with an idea, I have to make sure I coach [an artist] and push them to a level where everybody singing the song believes it. Every time you hear Kelly sing a song, you should feel like she wrote it because she means it that much.”
–Georgette Cline