Beyonce cuts management ties with father

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
Amidst mass confusion as to what’s going on with Beyonce’s current single ‘Run The World (Girls)’, a snippet from her new project has reportedly surfaced.
Full story and snippet after the jump…

According to Def Pen Radio, a track titled ‘Till The End of Time’ is set to be the next release to be lifted from the as yet untitled album. This despite the much-hyped video for the record’s under-performing lead single having yet to debut.
To make matters more confusing, insiders close to camp Knowles are diffusing conflicting accounts of just what is going on. Some stress that rehearsals are currently in session for a number of high profile performances of ‘Run The World’. Yet, others corroborate suggestion that ‘Till The End of Time’ is indeed the label’s pick and will swiftly be rolled out as the next single. With a source further adding that the label were never 100% behind ‘Run The World’, and that its release was more a push from her new management.
Who knows? In any case, there’s a first for everything – and this seems to be the first Bouncy project which doesn’t appear to have launched with the impeccable precision we’re used to seeing from her.
Still, one listen to the snippets below reaffirm that you cannot count her out. For, that – as sure as ever – is when she delivers most (see: ‘B’Day’, ‘Ring The Alarm’ > ‘Irreplaceable’).

http://thatgrapejuice.net/2011/04/song-beyonce-till-time-snippet/#more-34800

Kairi

Reaction score
How Beyonce Can Save the “Girls”

If you guys are chart buffs like myself, then you know that Beyonce’s latest single “Run the World (Girls), has not exactly set the world on fire. Though the song debuted at #33 on the Billboard Hot 100 and is her second highest debut ever, it is still struggling not only on iTunes (#41), but radio as well. Despite selling 77,000 copies in its first 3 days, many of those copies were bought multiple times by eager fans wanting to make the song appear hotter than it actually is.

The fact of the matter is that “Run the World (Girls) has been a monumental disappointment to radio and the public at large. On its own merit, the single has not piqued the interest of anyone, much less the general record buying public. Sure, great performances and a great video may help revive the single on the charts, but that still won’t truly make the song a hit. Music should be able to stand on its own merits and not require great visuals in order to make the public want to buy or listen to it.

So what does a singer, who some think has the potential to become the female Michael Jackson, do when her big comeback and supposedly groundbreaking new single falls flat with not only her fans, but the public as well?
I don’t know; you tell me.

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyonce gets Boo'd at MET Gala

Yikes!! The paps don’t play when they’re unhappy!! How could you boo Beyonce?! She’s Beyonce!! She clearly was having some struggle with those steps…cut her some slack if she didn’t want to pose any more! Sheesh. Hit the jump to see what I mean.

Kairi

Reaction score
May 3, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) --
Grammy Award winner Beyonce will lead students at Chicago's Namaste Middle School -- and across the nation -- in a workout to help curb childhood obesity.

The "Let's Move! Flash Workout" is part of first lady Michelle Obama's initiative to fight childhood obesity, (letsmove.gov). ABC7 Chicago will stream
live coverage of the event at Namaste Middle School at 12:42 CST.
Beyonce has re-written and re-recorded one of her songs, calling it "Move Your Body," for the Flash Workout, and videos have been produced in both English and Spanish. The students have learned the choreography and many schools will participate at the same time across the nation.

Kairi

Reaction score
It was an otherwise uneventful Tuesday at P.S. 161 middle school in Harlem when Beyoncé stormed through the door and surprised students by teaching them the moves from her “Move Your Body” video. As part of the “Let’s Move! Flash Workout” campaign to help curb childhood obesity, the blonde superstar appeared in the gym much to the delight of her young fans, who danced alongside her and took photos.
While Bey was in Harlem, First Lady Michelle Obama was in Washington, D.C., learning how to do The Dougie, Running Man, and Cha Cha with students. She only had good things to say about the “Run the World” singer and their partnership to promote exercise.

“Beyoncé is one of my favorite performers on the planet. And when she agreed to remake her video and do this ‘Let’s Move’ flash workout, I was so excited, because this is what we’ve been talking about—that exercise and moving can be fun,” said Mrs. Obama. “It’s about dancing, it’s about moving.”

Watch Beyoncé and the First Lady get down in the videos below.

vids here

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/05/03/beyonce-surprises-harlem-students-with-dance-workout/

Kairi

Reaction score
T in the Park date for Beyonce
AAP May 5, 2011, 7:06 am

Beyonce is joining stars including Coldplay and the Foo Fighters to play this year's T in the Park festival.

The Crazy in Love singer will take to the stage in Balado Park in Kinross, Scotland, on Saturday, July 9.

Other performers confirmed to play the event include Arctic Monkeys, Pulp, Plan B and Sir Tom Jones.

The performance will come after Beyonce's appearance at this year's Glastonbury Festival where she is headlining the main stage on Sunday, June 26.

Beyonce, whose husband Jay-Z was the first hip-hop artist to headline Glastonbury when he played the 2008 festival, shot to fame in girl group Destiny's Child.

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyoncé is proudly wearing her stars and stripes. With renewed patriotism sweeping across the country following the demise of Osama bin Laden, the singing sensation has recorded a studio version of “God Bless the U.S.A.”

The song will air on CNN’s “Piers Morgan Tonight,” with proceeds benefitting 9/11 charities. “#Beyonce is releasing a new song, a cover of ‘God Bless the USA’, and it will get 1st TV airing on @PiersTonight CNN 9pm ET,” wrote Morgan. “All proceeds from #Beyonce song will go to New York Police and Fire Widows’ and Children’s Benefit Fund.”

Bey first performed the Lee Greenwood cover in 2008 for Barack Obama’s campaign and it arrives the same day as the President’s visit to Ground Zero to honor those lost on 9/11. “#Beyonce first recorded ‘God Bless The USA’ in 2008 for Pres Obama campaign but never released it,” added the British host, while showering praise on her rendition. “I just listened to the #Beyonce song – and it’s stunning.”

The patriotic single will become available on iTunes shortly after. “Fans should be able to buy #Beyonce song as soon as Friday on iTunes and from her website beyonce.com.”

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyonce' Readies New Video Game

Think you have the ‘Single Ladies’ routine down? Know how to Naomi Campbell Walk with the best of them? Well, Beyonce wants to put your skills to the test, as she launches her new dance video game ‘Mako’.

In a time when artists continue throw their name behind anything for a quick buck (see: musty fragrances, 360 deals), Ms. Knowles continues to lend her likeness to brand-relevant causes. After all, who doesn’t want to dance like Beyonce?

Check out the superstar discussing the project, which arrives on Wii, Xbox 360, and Playstation 3 later this year…

[youtube]ixiVD8tRNuE[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
Although Beyonce Knowles may already don the title of Queen B, Billboard is making it official, awarding the superstar with 2011's Billboard Millennium Award.

Knowles, who has been topping Billboard's charts since 2003, will be honored May 22 at the MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, hosted by funny man, Ken Jeong. Her influence on the industry as a Sasha Fierce performer, actress and producer has cast her as a true living legend -- only magnified by her union with equally influential music master,
Jay Z.

The 'Single Ladies' singer will also be celebrated by her peers,
Cee Lo Green, Nicki Minaj, Pitbull, The Black Eyed Peas, Rihanna, Keith Urban, Lady Antebellum and Taio Cruz who will all perform in salute to the diva.
Born and bred as a founding force behind Destiny's Child, she had us all saying her name before she went solo. From there, Knowles has gone on to win 16 Grammy Awards and shattered Billboard records with hits like, 'Beautiful Liar.'

It's no doubt that Knowles knows how to 'Run The World (Girls)' and her fourth studio album, set for release later this year, will continue to lead her from Destiny to reality.<!-- / message -->

Kairi

Reaction score
teaser 2 for her new video

[youtube]I3x_yiRm9K4[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
semttuloug.jpg

In the next chapter of her career, Beyoncé certainly seems dedicated to breaking new ground. It takes guts for one of the world's biggest pop stars to release such a stridently unconventional single as the militaristic, beat-driven "Run the World (Girls)," built around a freaky sample from relatively obscure indie favorites Major Lazer's club hit, "Pon de Floor." That's just the first salvo in the unexpected collage of sonic textures and unique song structures on her new album, which features edgy new collaborators like Switch (who makes up half of Major Lazer) along with established hitmakers like The-Dream. "There's nothing safe about it, I know that much," says The-Dream, who cowrote Beyoncé's career-redefining anthem, "Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It)," and was called in to help pen the new album's lead single. "That [kind of song treatment] would never happen with any other artist of her stature, male or female.

It's a sentiment Beyoncé seems keenly aware of herself. "I feel like my job in the industry is to push the limits, and I have to constantly evolve," Beyoncé explains of her new direction, while she's being chauffeured from a photo shoot on Long Island to a Manhattan recording studio for a meeting with the new creative team she's assembled. This independent woman, rounding the corner to the big 3-0 this year, happily married to Jay-Z, has taken the reins of her career like never before, and she wants it known that she is the one calling the shots. Her forthcoming solo album, "4," was made this past year without the guidance of Matthew Knowles, her father and longtime manager. She announced on March 28 this year that the two parted ways "on a business level." Raising a clenched fist on the cover of her new single, "Run the World (Girls)," Beyoncé clearly transmits her trademark message of female empowerment.

In this exclusive first interview about her next phase, the star took a look ahead at the thrilling new sounds and creative endeavors in store for her, while also reminiscing about the many milestones along the way that have earned her Billboard's Millennium Award.

Beyonce To Be Honored With Billboard Millennium Award At BBMAs

Whenever you put out a new song, it seems to generate a catchphrase. Is that something you think about?

That's what I always want to do - I'm attracted to songs that will become a dinner conversation! [laughs] With "Single Ladies," clearly I'd just gotten married, and people want to get married every day - then there was the whole Justin Timberlake thing [recreating the video] on "Saturday Night Live," and it was also the year YouTube blew up. With "Irreplaceable," the aggressive lyrics, the acoustic guitar, and the 808 [drum machine] - those things don't typically go together, and it sounded fresh. "Crazy in Love" was another one of those classic
moments in pop culture that none of us expected. I asked Jay to get on the song the night before I had to turn my album in - thank God he did. It still never gets old, no matter how many times I sing it.

Vote For the Billboard Music Awards' Fan Award

The new single, "Run the World (Girls)," is a very bold statement for you.

It's definitely riskier than something a bit more...simple. I just heard the track and loved that it was so different: it felt a bit African, a bit electronic and futuristic. It reminded me of what I love, which is mixing different cultures and eras -- things that typically don't go together -- to create a new sound. I can never be safe; I always try and go against the grain. As soon as I accomplish one thing, I just set a higher goal. That's how I've gotten to where I am.

The new album is called "4." Aside from this being your fourth solo album, what significance does that number hold?

We all have special numbers in our lives, and 4 is that for me. It's the day I was born. My mother's birthday, and a lot of my friends' birthdays, are on the fourth; April 4 is my wedding date.

How did the creative process begin with the new body of work?

I recorded more than 60 songs: everything I ever wanted to try, I just did it. I started off being inspired by [Afrobeat music pioneer] Fela Kuti. I actually worked with the band from "Fela!" [the hit Broadway musical based on his life] for a couple of days, just to get the feel for the soul and heart of his music; it's so sexy, and has a great groove you get lost in. I loved his drums, all the horns, how everything was on the one. What I learned most from Fela was artistic freedom: he just felt the spirit. I also found a lot of inspiration in '90s R&B, Earth, Wind & Fire, DeBarge, Lionel Richie, Teena Marie... I listened to a lot of Jackson 5 and New Edition, but also Adele, Florence + the Machine, and Prince. Add in my hip-hop influences, and you can hear how broad it is. I also gave myself more freedom to really belt out some songs, and bring soul singing back: I used a lot of the brassiness and grittiness in my voice that people hear in my live performances, but not necessarily on my records.

You're an icon of female empowerment. What does power mean to you?

Power means happiness, power means hard work and sacrifice. To me, it's about setting a good example, and not abusing your power! You still have to have humility: I've seen how you can lead by example, and not by fear. My visit to Egypt was a really big inspiration for me. Once the sun went down, I saw not one woman; it was shocking and fascinating to me, because it was so extreme. I saw thousands of men walking down the street, socializing in bars, praying in mosques - and no women. I felt really proud when I performed and saw the strength that the women were getting through the music. I remember being in Japan when Destiny's Child put out "Independent Women," and women there were saying how proud they were to have their own jobs, their own independent thinking, their own goals. It made me feel so good, and I realized that one of my responsibilities was to inspire women in a deeper way

Kairi

Reaction score
[youtube]GrYy75PUbnE[/youtube]

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyonce '4' Album Preview - EXCLUSIVE

Beyonce held a preview listening party for her upcoming album, 4, at the NYC offices of Sony Music on Wednesday afternoon (May 11).

About a dozen of her super fans watched the “Run The World (Girls)” video in a conference room before the 29-year-old global superstar came in and surprised everyone, shaking hands and hugging every single person in the room. (One of her fansites BeyonceWorld even flew in from Australia!)

“When editing the DVD [for Beyonce: I Am... World Tour], I noticed that the tone of my voice is different live [than my recording one],” Beyonce told JustJared.com. “So I used that live performance tone throughout the record.”

B then sat down, grabbed a bottle of Pellegrino sparkling water, and played five new tracks for the room.

“I wanted to do something refreshing and different,” Beyonce told JustJared.com. “So I mixed genres and drew inspiration from touring, traveling, watching rock bands, and attending festivals… I was like a mad scientist, putting lots of different songs together.”

Click inside for JustJared.com’s preview of “4″…
Beyonce ‘4′ Album Preview - JustJared.com Exclusive

SONG #1 ———- Part of the song, tentatively titled “Till The End of Time,” has already leaked on YouTube. “The bass line was inspired by [Nigerian musician and composer] Fela Kuti,” Beyonce shared with JustJared.com. “It’s my nephew Julez’s favorite song.” (JJ Tidbit: Jay-Z produced the Broadway musical Fela! about the late Nigerian singer.)

Here are some sample lyrics: “I wanna love you so (hit me)/ I will be the one to kiss you at night… Come on take my hand/ I won’t let you go/ I’ll be your friend/ I will love you so… Turn your rain into sun… Say you’ll never let me go.”

SONG #2 ———- This mid-tempo song has lots of drums much like “Run The World.” “Babyface wrote the song,” Beyonce told JustJared.com. The track is about karma and revenge and kicks off with, “What goes around comes back around.” Some key phrases from the song include, “Best thing I’ve ever had” and “Best thing you’ve never had.” The best line in the song goes, “You showed your ass, baby I saw the real you.” The song closes with, “Sucks to be you right now.”

SONG #3 ———- This ballad is moody and dark. It’s a song that will really sit with you, rather than be an instant smash hit. One fan asked Beyonce if she was crying at the beginning of the song because it sounded like she was. “Almost,” she responded. “I was on the verge.”

Jeff Bhasker penned this song, Beyonce confirmed. “It’s one of my favorite songs [off of the album],” she said.

Some sample lyrics: “I told you how you hurt me/ I’m crying and deserted but you don’t care/ Nobody told me this is love/ You’re immune to all my pain/ This is love but that’s okay… But I care/ I know you don’t care too much/ But I still care.”

SONG #4 ———- This track starts off the lyrics “killing me softly” and samples Boyz II Men’s “Uhh Ahh.” Beyonce uses the countdown and sings between each decremental number, “10, 9, 8…”

“Boyz II Men were the first ones to put Destiny’s Child on tour,” Beyonce told JustJared.com. “They showed us how to treat an opening act and I will never forget that. That was 15 years ago! Wow, 15 years! (laughs) I’m old.”

Some sample lyrics: “Dedicated to the one I love… diamonds in that chain… Riding that pony.. showing him how you ride… If you leave me, you’re out of your mind. London, speed it up. Houston, rock it.”

What did Jay-Z think of this song? “He liked it,” Beyonce told JustJared.com. “I don’t think he was dissecting it, just thinking of what he could do to it as a rapper.”

SONG #5 ———- Beyonce had the lights turned down for this beautiful ballad. Here’s how the song starts: “If I ain’t got nothing, I got you/ If I ain’t got something, I don’t give a damn/Because I got…”

“I don’t know much about algebra but one plus one is two,” she croons. “He ain’t got nothing but love. Darling, you got enough for the both of us. Make love when my days look low, pull me in close.”

“RUN THE WORLD (GIRLS)” VIDEO ———- It’s everything we hoped it would be - amazing! (Watch the 60-second “Run The World” teaser.)

The video starts and ends with Beyonce riding her horse, except there’s fire involved in the closing scene. A lion walks into one of the dance numbers and Beyonce has two giant hyenas on leashes in another scene.

The room went crazy during two parts of the song. The first was when Beyonce sings “eff you” and gives the middle finger (albeit pixelated with a censor). The second was when Beyonce is on her knees, bent backwards, and writhing around in the sand. It’s reminiscent of the sand dance sequence in her “Baby Boy” video

The dance sequences were choreographed by her longtime friend Frank Gatson with help from Sheryl Murakami and Mozambican kwaito dance group Tofo Tofo. Beyonce had scoured the Internet and discovered Tofo Tofo on YouTube. The funny thing is they had no idea who Beyonce was when she reached out to them! (Tofo Tofo gets down with Beyonce in a few of the dance numbers.)

————————–

Beyonce had walked into the room after her fans watched the “Run the World” video, so after the album preview, she had the video played again. “I’ve never watched it with a group of people before, so I’m excited,” she said. So the fans got to see the video not once, but twice!

After the album preview and video screening, Beyonce thanked everyone in the room for coming and said she had to go rehearse for her next “thing.” She has so many “things” coming up, we’re all so excited!

Kairi

Reaction score
beyonce's video was supposed to premeire tomorrow but it's not now b/c she's "perfecting" it, smh

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyoncé has revealed that she is currently serving as her own manager.

The 'Single Ladies' singer
announced last month that she would no longer be managed by father Matthew Knowles, a decision which she insisted was reached amicably.

She has since confessed that she is "excited" to begin working with her "own team" and looks forward to assembling a group which she feels can aid in advancing her career.

"It's not that anything bad happened between us. My family has my support always, and they support me, but when you've been working with the same people for 15 years, it's natural to eventually have your own ideas," she explained to Billboard.

"I believe that parents prepare their kids for the moment that they're on their own: at this point, I'm taking everything my dad and my mother have taught me, and I'm able to do things my way. We were at a point where we'd learned so much from each other, and now it's exciting for me to do this on my own and hire my own team. I've started managing myself."

The relationship between Beyoncé and Matthew had reportedly
become strained last year after it was revealed that he had fathered a love child with a woman 20 years his junior.