Beyonce cuts management ties with father

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kairi

Reaction score
run-the-world-girls.jpg

The Beyoncé revolution begins now. The global superstar strikes a bold pose in the sand on the cover of “Run the World (Girls),” the first single from her highly-anticipated fourth album. The photo was taken from the singer’s recent video shoot, where she wore the same yellow dress and black stiletto boots.

After lots of speculation, an official press release went out this afternoon. The song will premiere on radio tomorrow at 8 a.m. EST in the U.S. and will be available for download on iTunes worldwide starting Thursday morning.

“Run the World (Girls),” which samples Major Lazer’s “Pon de Floor,” was produced by Switch with additional production by Beyoncé and Shea Taylor. The song was written by Terius “The-Dream” Nash and Beyoncé.

Watch a short teaser for the “B Revolution” below.

click to see teaster

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/04/20/the-beyonce-revolution-begins-single-cover-video-teaser-unveiled/#more-82104

Kairi

Reaction score
New Music: Beyoncé – ‘Run the World (Girls)’ [Official Premiere]

After an early version leaked online, Beyoncé takes things back into her own hands, officially premiering “Run the World (Girls),” the first single from her as-yet-untitled fourth album. The Destiny’s Child diva picks up where “Single Ladies” left off, creating another girl power anthem for the dance floor.

Written by The-Dream and Beyoncé and produced by Switch (M.I.A., Santigold), Shea Taylor, and B, “Girls” borrows its hypnotizing beat from Major Lazer’s “Pon de Floor.”

“My persuasion can build a nation/ Endless power, without love we can devour/ You’ll do anything for me,” declares the femme fatale, who wields her power over the opposite sex.
“Who run this motha?” she repeatedly asks. This summer, the answer is B.

click to listen below

http://www.rap-up.com/2011/04/21/new-music-beyonce-run-the-world-girls-official-premiere/#more-82121

Kairi

Reaction score
New Beyoncé Single and Video Coming Tomorrow

Beyoncé's new single "Run the World (Girls)" is set to be released in the iTunes store tomorrow after a version of the song leaked earlier this week. The track, which includes a sample of Major Lazer's "Pon De Floor," was co-written by The-Dream and Beyoncé, and produced by Switch with help from the singer and Shea Taylor. Diplo, Switch's partner in the Major Lazer project, is not credited on the song. "Run the World (Girls)" will be the first taste of her forthcoming album, which does not yet have a title or release date.

A video for the single will premiere online tomorrow, but a very brief teaser clip for the video is available now. You can watch that trailer, in which Beyoncé appears riding a large black horse, below.

--

they posted this today so i'm assuming the 22nd, will see what happens

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyoncé Gets Goofy at Disneyland Paris

beyonce-disneyland-paris-2.jpg

With her new single “Run the World (Girls)” quickly rising up the iTunes charts, Beyoncé is savoring her last few vacation days in Paris. The singer enjoyed a fun-filled day out with her nephew Julez and his father at Disneyland Paris today. She kept a low profile, putting on a Goofy hat, sleeveless graphic tee, and shades as she wandered around the theme park with her and Jay-Z’s bodyguards in tow, but Mr. Carter was nowhere in sight.

Kairi

Reaction score
Times Pop Music Critic

She's bright, independent, ridiculously attractive. She has a cool celeb hubby, a supportive family. Unlike many of her pop peers, she possesses that rarest of commodities: genuine vocal chops. She's the closest thing we have to a real superhero, Wonder Woman with better gams.

She's Beyonce: Hear her roar.

And yet, according to B's new song, Run the World (Girls), just released on Thursday, Jay-Z's better half has a serious identity crisis. How else to explain why the rickety girl-power misfire — co-written by The-Dream, who helped pen her smash Single Ladies (Put a Ring on It) — devolves into street-tough phoniness and switchblade blahs?

Never mind the so-tired marching-band beat that B has mined before; the song's central problem is that the woman singing it is flat-out conning us — or at least clumsily trying to.

I think I need a barber

None of these hoes can fade me.

I'm so good with this

I remind you I'm so 'hood with this.

Hoes? Hood?! At 29, Beyonce has picked a weird time to become Nicki Minaj.

Ms. Knowles is a superb singles artist — Crazy in Love, Irreplaceable, If I Were a Boy, to name a few — and yet she's never been able to put together a complete album. She's a bold-faced star in every respect, and yet her concert sales have never been what they should be. (Case in point: Her last trip to Tampa, when she only put a few thousand fannies in the St. Pete Times Forum.) She has charisma and big-screen sheen to spare, and yet her movie roles have never quite popped the way they should, with critics or with box-office throngs.

The problem, as Run the World (Girls) illustrates, is that Beyonce wants to be all things to all people. Unfortunately, in doing so, she's become absolutely no one, a shifting gallery of gals. Bravo to her for keeping her private life private, but in a way, that only exacerbates the problem. If we reward Beyonce for being classy, why would we also applaud her for being a coarse also-ran?

Response to Beyonce's new song (from an upcoming fourth album due this year) has been tepid at best, with one former fan going as far as saying: "Stick a fork in her." That sounds harsh, but it also might be prophetic. It's hard to sell female empowerment when the ultimate message is swap your style until it sells.

Kairi

Reaction score
Jennifer Hudson Clears Up Beyonce’ and Rihanna ‘Playboy’ Fiasco

Jennifer Hudson has responded to reports that she slighted contemporaries Beyonce’ and Rihanna in an interview she gave for Britain’s ‘The Daily Mirror‘.
In the interview which surfaced today, the ‘I Remember Me‘ performer is alleged to have said in response to a question regarding posing for ‘Playboy’ magazine “I won’t be taking my clothes off – no way at all. Beyonce and Rihanna can have that. I like to cover up more. I won’t do Playboyâ€.

More information after the jump:
Jennifer then came under fire on Twitter for the alleged comments to which she initially replied, “Glad I Have Fans With Class†and then went onto tweet the following.

“I think yal know me better than that. I love both Beyonce n Rihanna . I hate when people try to be messy . B n Ri know me better than that 2″.

Jennifer recently celebrated the success of her sophomore album ‘I Remember Me’ when it reached #2 on the Billboard 200.

Kairi

Reaction score
It appears Beyonce’s fans were right to worry incessantly about the chart performance of the singer’s new single “Run the World (Girls).” According to Billboard, and my own ability to read the iTunes chart for myself, “Girls” is off to a very rocky start. After its Friday morning release, the song slowly made its way up to #5 before eventually dropping out of the top 10 altogether.

The song presently sits at <STRIKE>#12</STRIKE> #21 and seems to in part to be suffering from not only poor reviews, but poor radio play as well. In contrast, recent singles from some of Beyonce’s contemporaries (Gaga, Katy Perry, Rihanna) have all debuted inside the top 10 within minutes of being released and hit the #1 spot within hours.

Not all is bad however in the land of Knowles. “Girls” has done extremely well overseas, hitting the top spot in several countries, including Spain. The video has also yet to be released and if previous Beyonce videos are any indication, it will add greatly to the overall appeal of the single.

In the meantime, you can always help “Girls” climb the charts by buying multiple copies like her devoted fans did. Most were so worried they purchased as many as 50 copies and gifted them to fans, which helps bypass iTunes 3 download limit per track.

Kairi

Reaction score
Ex-Destiny’s Child Member Farrah Franklin Arrested

Farrah Franklin, former member of Destiny’s Child, is in trouble. The 29-year-old songstress, who served as an interim member of the group for five months in 2000, was arrested for disorderly conduct in Culver City, Calif., this past weekend.

According to TMZ, Franklin was pinched around 6:45 a.m. on Saturday morning. Sources say that alcohol was involved in the arrest. While she spent some time in the slammer, she was released later that day on $100 bail.

Franklin is best known for her role in Destiny’s Child after she and Michelle Williams suddenly replaced LaTavia Roberson and LeToya Luckett in February 2000. She left the group shortly after and has since appeared in several independent films, and is currently working on her debut album.

Kairi

Reaction score
Official Rihanna Will Be Featured On Beyonce’s New Album
Posted on April 24, 2011 by Mikey

MTV UK has just reported that Beyonce will include Rihanna in her new album.

A source told the site: “Rihanna has wanted to work with Beyoncé for some time now and, after talking about a duet at this year’s Grammys, they have finally managed to set aside some time to record together.

“The song will feature on Beyoncé’s album and will be a number one smash hit for sure.”

Beyonce has already released her first single off of the forthcoming album, the track ‘Run The World’ is available now on iTunes.

--------

i will believe it when the album drops

Kairi

Reaction score
Kelly Rowland has caught the Breezy bug. The “Motivation” singer recently revealed her favorite song of the moment, naming Chris Brown’s “Beautiful People” as the hottest jam out right now.

“The song I have on repeat right now would probably have to be Chris Brown’s ‘Beautiful People.’ It’s such an amazing record,” she told ELLE TV of the F.A.M.E. single. “As soon as I hear it, I can’t stop moving. And I smile so big and it’s great when music makes you do that.”

The songstress, who is currently prepping the release of her untitled third album, also spoke on how good it feels to experiment with her sound. “I, of course, come from an urban feeling since day one with Destiny’s Child, but now, I’ve kind of opened up the sound a little bit and it has more tempo to it from dance. It feels great,” she said.
Additionally, she dished on her favorite concert experience, getting starstruck while meeting Whitney Houston, her sense of style, and more.

video : http://www.rap-up.com/2011/04/26/chris-browns-beautiful-people-makes-kelly-rowland-smile/#more-82714

Kairi

Reaction score
A video game company called Gate Five filed papers today in NY -- in which they claim they had a deal in place in 2010 to create a game with Beyonce called, "Starpower: Beyonce."

According to the docs, things went awry during a "crucial moment in the project's development" when Beyonce made "an extortionate demand" for more money -- even though the two sides already had a deal in place.

Gate Five claims her move "drove 70 people into unemployment, the week before Christmas" ... and notes that one of the project's backers described her conduct as "morally reprehensible."

The company claims it is entitled to the $6.7 mil it invested into the venture -- as well as more than $100 million in profits Gate Five believes it would have earned had Beyonce honored the agreement.<!-- / message -->
-------------

calling bs, but we will see if anything comes of this.

Kairi

Reaction score
It looks like Beyonce has a certified flop on her hands.

Her new single “Run the World (Girls)” crawls into the Hot 100 this week at No. 33. The ‘song’ shifted 77,000 copies, matching the first-week total of Christina Aguilera’s “Not Myself Tonight”, which debuted at No. 23.

In comparison, Britney Spears’ last lead single “Hold It Against Me” debuted No. 1 on iTunes in 19 countries and topped the Hot 100, breaking digital and radio records with the same amount of non-existent promo as Beyonce. Lady GaGa’s “Born this Way” followed suit, debuting at No.1 on iTunes in 22 countries, and selling 448,000 copies in just three days in the US alone. On the other hand, Beyonce has only topped iTunes in Sweden and Spain.

The only thing Beyonce has going for to escape the Christina Aguilera comparisons is that “Girls” only had four full days of sales, as opposed to Aguilera’s full week. But you can certainly see how little hype and excitement there is surrounding new Beyonce music when compared to the chart stats of Britney and Lady GaGa. Even Ke$ha’s “We R Who We R” managed to debut at No.1 on not just iTunes, but also the Hot 100.

“Girls” has since fallen to No. 30 on the iTunes chart, and remains as one of the lowest rated songs in the Top 100, with only half-a-star separating it from Rebecca Black’s “Friday”.

To make things worse, radio are taking a while to warm up to Bey’s latest single. While Lady GaGa and Britney Spears shattered airplay records with their lead singles, Beyonce’s has yet to crack the Mediabase Top 40 airplay charts. However, it’s faring much better at urban, debuting at No. 30, and the top forty adds have started picking up.

Perhaps Beyonce will be able to turn things around with a big flashy music video and an absolutely relentless promotional schedule. It’s just sad that somebody of her ‘stature’ can’t make an impact using her music alone, as opposed to her more popular contemporaries. Given the success of Rihanna’s latest Loud era, maybe she should be promoted into the ‘Holy Pop Trinity’ alongside Britney and Lady GaGa, and Beyonce can be demoted down to the newer girls like Katy Perry and Ke$ha.

Kairi

Reaction score
Beyoncé returns to the charts with her first single of 2011. “Run the World (Girls),” the lead offering from the pop powerhouse’s fourth album, lands at No. 33 on this week’s Billboard Hot 100.

Kairi

Reaction score
kelly rowland pass beyone on itunes charts::

kelly passed bey on the itunes chart

37. Motivation (feat. Lil Wayne) - Kelly Rowland
42. Run the World (Girls) [Single Version] - Beyoncé

Kairi

Reaction score
Run The World (Girls) makes Hot 100 debut

On 04.28.11

Beyonce has returned to the Billboard Hot 100 ! Making its debut on the chart Thursday, “Run This World (Girls),” arrived within the top 40, also making marks on the Pop Songs and Radio charts.
Thanks to 77,000 copies of “Run This World (Girls),” the lead single from Beyonce’s forthcoming follow up to “I Am… Sasha Fierce,” moving within the last week, ‘Girls’ arrived at no.33 on the chart.
Also making strong impressions at radio, “Run The World (Girls)’ debuts at no. 65 and no.23 on the Pop Songs chart.
Skyrocketing 25-14 on Billboard’s Social 50 chart, Beyoncé rallies to a new chart high with a 334% burst in new week-over-week plays on monitored social networks and 142% boost in views. The jump is owed to attention gained from her new single “Run the World (Girls),” the diva’s first single from her forthcoming fourth studio album.
“Run the World” has earned 1.46 million YouTube views since its YouTube premiere April 21, and also lands at No. 33 on this week’s Billboard Hot 100. As well, Beyoncé released a video in support of First Lady Michelle Obama’s campaign against childhood obesity called “Move Your Body.” While neither song is on Vevo, other Beyonce videos on the site did see a 340% surge in plays.