• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Beer present BTB Promo Tournament Central!

Who Should Win?

• Beer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Magus

• DX_3:16

• Total voters

THE Renegade Diesel

DX 3:16's Promo: Well the backstory is ok for starters. I don't like how Jericho's first iMPACT!/TNA apperance, is opening up the show with an interview backstage. You should have definatly banked on his "Countdown" intro, thats so original, and iconic. Not a major loss, but its not a minor scratch either. This dents what could have been a master piece to me. The questions being asked were pretty good, but not abundant IMO. Jericho's responses were nice, and long. I think this was a pretty average promo. A tad above average at best, but yeah. It wasn't bad, this is a good example of why your a veteran writer here so Noobs take notes.

Magnus's Promo: Contract writting for someone big like Jericho doesn't exactly take "just" a month. But backstory wasn't needed so I won't penalize you for that. Let me point out something I really liked here: You didn't make it a casual interview with Jericho in the interview section. You made it very formal, and introduced Jericho pretty well. I still think you guys should have banked on the whole "Countdown" thing but once again.. Thats cosmetic, and isn't a big deal. I went with the whole Jericho thinking TNA is a bunch of no bodies theme as well, so I have to give you some positive points on that. The body language is great here really putting Jericho over as an ass. One thign I didn't like was that he came across as a child, and immature with his replies on the 'Joe question'. Fat Joe? How old are you Y2J? Overall, this was an above avaerage promo really. It wasn't bad at all, and it was pretty damn good in my opinon.

Beer's Promo: Good questioning here. The presentation was nice, but you guys are going to wear out BKB's, or CT's font. Seriously lol... Anyways, on the promo. There was great, simple, but short questioning here. Jericho answered each question, and didn't get side tracked at all. Very professional, and realistic. Jericho had amazing body language here, and really got you some points from me.. I really didn't find any negative points here. It was at good length, and really in character. The reassurance thing at the end is good if you were planning to have an interfering factor in his feud with Aj.

The Vote: All promo's were exceptional. Firstly, I'd have to take out DX's promo just because Jericho making his "first ever" apperance really messed me up there. I have no clue why the countdown would go off to show Jericho in the back. Seriously, WTF? Now next we have Magnus, and Beer.. Both were above average, and really in character. But I will just have to go with..........

*Drumroll*

BEER!

Beer.. Your promo was very well written, and I found no negative's here. Magnus your promo was good to but the imature attitude just wasn't doing it for me man. Sorry.. I hope we can still be friends :happy:. Congratulations on your win Beer.

-TJ-

JB: Hello I am JB, Jeremy Borash, and I'm here with the new #1 Contender "Lion Heart" Chris Jericho!

Jericho enters the view of the camera to intense heat.

JB: Earlier tonight you beat the monster Abyss with a little help in Christain Cage.

Jericho turns to JB

Jericho: "Help?" What are you a freaken idiot? Cage didn't help me, he was just watching the future TNA World Champion gain just one little step closer to taking that TNA Heavyweight title from AJ styles.

Heat.

JB: Anyways, so what's your thought on your opponent at Hard Justice, AJ Styles?

Jericho: Very simple, he got lucky taking that title form Booker T. He needed the help of two wrestling Icons in Jeff Jerret and Kurt Angle, but I don't need help, I am just to damn good to not be holding a title on my shoulders and to prove it, just tune in two weeks on Sunday as Chris Jericho claims, what shoulda been his last month.

Jericho pushes JB away and the camera zooms in on him.

Jericho: I hope you enjoyed that punishment I gave you just a little bit ago, AJ, cuase that's what you should expect from me in that Ladder match at Hard Justice. I have headline and won 4 titles from a Ladder match in my career and at Hard Justice, 4 turns into 5!

Jericho storms off to heat from the crowd.

Dwes

I apologize if I’m running late but I’m tired, I rushed this forgot about the objective and I hope it’s enough to get to the next round. I just hope their less restrictions.

JB: Ladies and Gentlemen I am here with the self proclaimed messiah of TNA Wrestling. Now Chris you turned the wrestling world upside down at Bound For Glory when you helped the Icon Sting win the TNA World Title and many are asking why are you in TNA and why did you cross the line set forth by Jim Cornette?

Jericho smirks as he rubs chins before grabbing the mic.

Jericho: JB you heard the saying Jimmy crack corn I don’t care huh?

JB nods looking confused.

JB: Um Chris, that doesn’t answer my question.

Jericho looks annoyed and takes the mic from JB.

Jericho: Because JB, I was not a TNA superstar at Bound for glory. Look Jeremy I was a spectator and an angry one at that. Here I was watching the most overrated, overpaid, and the most undeserving champ in all of pro wrestling whine in a match. All I hear is Joe say respect me, or I’m going to kill you but what I saw was a punk. A man who’s got a bad attitude crying like a baby because Sting kicked out of your oh so precious muscle buster. Well get over it Joe I put you out of your misery, I ended your title reign baby boy.

Jericho smiles chuckling to himself.

JB: Um Jericho I got-

Jericho holds his hands up.

Jericho: JB you want to know why I graced this company with my presence huh?

JB nods as Jericho wears a cocky grin

Jericho: JB here‘s your answer , I’m this company’s messiah I am the savior that the Jarrett’s, Panda Energy, Spike TV have all been waiting for. I’m exactly what this company needs someone who’s levelheaded, someone who represents integrity, and a true star to a infected company. Now all the TNA fans may think oh TNA is great well I hate to be the bearer of bad news but it’s not. Sting is great (mixed reaction), Kurt Angle is great ( mixed reaction), Booker is great (heat). See those three men have been preaching the message I tried to preach up north. Well guest what honesty, respect, integrity, got me earlier this month it got me screwed out of a world title.

Jericho face shows a hint of anger.

Jericho: The night after I got screwed I sat home got a call from Angle saying it‘s time to take action. I got a call from Booker and he said to me same old same old. That’s when I thought to myself it’s time it is the right time. It’s the time to reestablish respect in the locker room. It’s time for the as clowns to pucker up and learn the hierarchal order. Now I’ve seen the counter argument from the kids who can’t see their kids, or the I put this company first. But answer this AJ is missing out on your kids birthdays and games show loyalty no AJ it shows child neglect, bad parenting, and complete idiocy. Now onto Joe you say lay it out in the ring I say you probably only got one clean title defense at a paper view big time. Now onto Jeff you’re a piece of irrelevant shit. You use tragedy to become the fans hero, you stick with the young guns so you could lead the charge but remember it doesn’t matter the job Jeff cause you and I both know everyone kisses the bosses ass.

JB smiles happy he hasn’t been embarrassed yet but taps Jericho on the shoulder wanting more.

JB: Well Jericho all that’s great but what about the title shot?

Jericho pauses for a moment and pats JB on the shoulder and holds a t-short saying IMPACT is Jericho then slaps JB.

Jericho: Go watch Awesome Kong put on some air fresher your ass clown. Now Joe, and Sting I may have got carried away in my rant due to the fact that this inefficient company can’t get a interviewer to ask the correct questions. But don’t think I for got about you two sure Sting I helped you get the title. But don’t get comfortable because I will take it from you and Joe well you’re a ticking time bomb so the match for me is an easy 1 23. But remember this junior and Sting, the only side Jericho on is the Jericho side.

Commercial

THE Renegade Diesel

Oh shit my bad! I forgot Beer had to say when I can vote. My bad guys.. I voted for Dwes, I think it should be counted though. Since all promo's were posted, and all.

THE Renegade Diesel

Beer I'm sorry if I should have PM'd you, but um I have a question, and a tip.

-Only one person is advancing from each round? Thats one short ass tournament if so.

-For future rounds I suggest you make it a different scenario for each match. I mean with the whole Jericho/JB thing, we would all see a lot of the same things. In all the promo's so far, except TJ's were in TNA. I mean it wouldn't be that hard. The restrictions is a good thing. Yes, tourny's are about finding who is best. It doesn't matter who sticks out, and shines during the good, but it does matter who is still shining during the bad. So stop whining, and complaining about the restrictions. EDC if your so great, and knowledgable, then just write the promo with the restrictions.

STOP BITCHING

Beer

Don't worry Diesel. Lol, it is ok.

YOU MAY NOW VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITE PROMO!​

The Rated R CMStar

I guess when I post my damn promo Diesel, just cut it already with the whole asking when the voting starts.

The Rated R CMStar

1. Life
2. E-fed
3. BTW
4. Rewatch old wrestling videos
5. Study

5 top things I will do instead of writing my promo. Not saying it's not important, but I see them as more important, and they all collapsed this weekend.

And I am just saying, stop the thing with the voting. First, you want to count a vote when not all entries are in, and now, with not all entries in, you want voting to start.

The Rated R CMStar

Also, before I get any bashing posts because you misunderstood my post, by any means I consider this tournament not important. This promo I have been working on quite a while, what I meant is concerning this:

What the hell just post it already

And like I said, posting BTW Show and Monday Night Mayhem for the E-fed were the priorities, and hell, the E-fed show isn't even posted yet, so, yeah.

THE Renegade Diesel

Dude the counting the first vote was a joke if you didn't know. Honestly, Common Sense; use it. And ok yeah I was kind of rushing the voting. Sorry, but it says you have Four Days. If you cant make the deadline, its your problem man.

The Rated R CMStar

Last time I check, I am still on the deadline time, so I don't get your point. I had four days, so I could post it 10 minutes after Beer make this post to 1 minute before the deadline.

Backstory

WWE shocked the world when Save_us.22 vignettes started airing. Almost simultanously, the IWC and fans alike started the buzz that Jericho was the man who was going to return to the WWE with this campaign.

However, they were all left to shock when it was in fact HBK making his return one night after No Mercy, attacking WWE Champion.

This left everyone confused as interviews from Chris Jericho said that he was indeed coming back in 2007 to the wrestling business. He admited that he wasn't burnt out no more and was ready for another run.

It would be TNA the one getting with the services of Chris Jericho. For Genesis 2007, Sting said he would get himself a tag team partner to face Kurt Angle and Kevin Nash. Lights when out, and no other than Y2J made his way out, and officialy debuting with Dixie Carter's company.

Jericho was take on all comers and challenges on his run, until finally, at No Surrender 2008, he defeated Kurt Angle, Christian Cage and Sting in a Four Ways to Glory- Winner goes to Bound for Glory to challenge for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship match, to earn a match against Samoa Joe at Bound For Glory.

(This promo happens during Bound for Glory 2008 PPV. We are backstage)

Borash: Your friend here Jeremy Borash and tonight, I stand alongside the Number One Contender for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, just moments before his showdown with Samoa Joe for the championship. Ladies and Gentlemen, please welcome, Chris Jericho!

Crowd cheers as Chris Jericho steps into the scene.

Borash: Welcome Chris.

Y2J: Whoa, Jeremy Jeremy, you got it wrong, it doesn’t go like that, oh no, it goes: Welcome to iMPACT is Jericho!

Crowd cheers again.

Borash: But we aren’t on iMPACT tonight Chris, we are on…

Y2J: I know where we are Jeremy. We are at the Sears Centre, we are in front of 11000 rabid Jericholics, waving back and forth their hands in the air, pimped up with their Jericho shirts, and blasting their lungs out chanting “Y2J, Y2J”.

Crowd starts a Y2J chant.

Y2J: Now that’s more like it. You see Jeremy, I know where we are tonight, because tonight is no ordinary Thursday evening, tonight is the single biggest event in TNA history, tonight legends will be made and careers will be crowned, because tonight Jeremy boy, tonight is Bound for Glory baby!

Borash: Well Chris, I gotta agree with you on that one. Magnificent night, and one people will remember for a long time to come.

Y2J: Are you kidding me? Of course people will remember this night for a long time to come, hell, in a zillion years people will still be talking at the time when the Irresistible Force met the Immovable Object, when the two most talented wrestlers in sports entertainment today met in the middle ring, looked each other dead in the eye, and battled for the biggest prize our company has to offer.

Crowd erupts.

Y2J: Now don’t get me wrong, there are some downers tonight. Any Fozzy song would have done better than Tarantula by the Smashing Pumpkins.

Borash: By the way we would want to thank the Smashing Pumpkins for tonight’s official theme song.

Y2J: Yeah yeah, but let’s not lose our focus in here. Of course it will be an unforgettable night, of course it is a magnificent stage, you have Mick Foley making his official TNA debut.

Crowd pops.

Y2J: You have Kurt Angle facing Jeff Jarret.

Crowd pops.

Y2J: You have Monster’s Ball, you have the Knockout’s Open Challenge, you have the Steel Asylum match and you have Don West going berserk on the X-Division action and screaming like a damned man!

Crowd laughs.

Borash: Yeah, he always does that.

Y2J: Wait, are you still here?

Borash: Of course I…

Y2J: Then could you please shut the hell up! Can’t you see I am addressing all my Chicago Jericholics?

Crowd goes crazy cheering once again.

Y2J: Where was I? Oh, that’s right. You have all of that, but most importantly, you will have, in one corner, the most dominant force in TNA history, the Samoan Submission Machine, and the TNA World Heavyweight Championship, Samoa Joe.

Crowd also cheers for Samoa Joe, showing they will be divided tonight.

Y2J: And in the other corner, you have TNA’s hottest act since November, the Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah, the King of Orlando, the Sexy Beast and your very own personal party host, Chris Jericho!

Crowd pops for him.

Y2J: So, with all that in mind, and with Tony Danza over here as my…

Borash: It’s Jeremy Borash.

Y2J: And with Jimmy Big-Rash as my witness here, I want you to tell you this Joe. You have beaten each and every one of your challengers until this moment. So what? I am different, and you know that deep inside of you. You don’t need big Diesel telling you that because you already know it. So tonight Joe, move over, and let Jericho take over, because either you like it or you don’t, if it’ll be easy way, or the hard way, I will leave Chicago tonight, the new TNA World Heavyweight Champion.

Crowd pops.

Y2J: And when that happens, you Samoa Joe, Big Kev behind you, Jimnock right here, Universal Studios, Orlando Florida, Chicago Illinois, Panda Corporation, Vince, Steph, Shane, Paul, Aurora, all TNA, will NEVEEEEER…..EEEVVEEEEER BE THE SAME AGAIIN!

Camera zooms on Y2J face who looks determined. He then hands his microphone to Jeremy Borash.

Y2J: Now you can talk.

Chris Jericho walks out of the scene.

Thanks for the feedback Diesel. This was really tough for me as I have never used either of these guys in a promo before. Jericho was easy, but for some reason, I agree with you, I did write him very child-like. It just felt like a good way for him to get major heat in TNA so I went with it.

Beer's promo was awesome...till the last line. Really left me hanging. I was expecting something big and awesome and we get...'reassurance'. Overall though Beer, you rocked.

DX, nice job as well. I was privelaged to have such stiff competition. And your a vet which makes it even better. It was a little confusing with the countdown not ending as I hoped. But other than that a solid promo.

I vote Beer. And yeah, I voted against myself. Sue me.

And, my name is Magnus...not Magus. Um, think World's Strongest Man, not the dynamic antagonist in Chrono Trigger (though he is bad ass). I didn't name myself after either character, I just thought the name was cool so I use it often as my monicker.

Beer

The missing entrants will be given 1 more day. If they do not post their promos by then, they will be disqualified.