Beer present BTB Promo Tournament Central!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who Should Win?

• Beer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Magus

• DX_3:16

• Total voters

Beer

*There will be Four Matches with Three People in with the Winner of those matches going forward to The Semi-Finals*

*The Semi-Finals will be one on one matches as will the final*

*All the people who are not in the Final will be put into a 10 Man Match with the winner and the runner-up receiving Third and Fourth place respectively*

*The winner of the final will be awarded with the title of Promo Tournament Winner of the Quarter Year.*

*The first four match I will be picking the stipulations, wrestlers, everything.*

*The Semi's I will do sort of the same thing but you will pick the wrestlers.*

*And the Third and Fourth Place Play-Off as well as the Final will be Free Form meaning you pick what you want.*

Beer

BTB Promo Tournament: Beer vs. Magnus vs. DX_3:16

Post your promos here.

You must use Chris Jericho and Jeremy Borash for this promo.
It must be an Interview Segment.
He must be bragging about getting a Title Opportunity.
DO NOT answer the poll until I say you can. This would fuck up the Tournament.

Good Luck. You have 4 Days.

Beer

BTB Promo Tournament: Lethal Combination vs. GardsJR vs. J-Dawg

Post your promos here.

Beer

BTB Promo Tournament: TJ vs. Roxxi vs. Dwes

Post your promos here.

Beer

BTB Promo Tournament: CMS vs. Spiralshock vs. Diesel

Post your promos here.

Evil Austin

can't wait and when will this get started? How many guys are we waiting on?

Edit lol I just saw them my bad oh well start working.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Seriously? Overkill... Good thing its Jericho. Just them two right? I can't add the champion, or anything? Good luck Spiral, and well.... *gulp* CMS..

seX-Power

shouldnt you have edited the polls in after all 3 promos have been submitted to ensure that no assholes go and ruin it.

Beer

shouldnt you have edited the polls in after all 3 promos have been submitted to ensure that no assholes go and ruin it.

Lol, yea. But I only learnt you could do that before I posted the matches.

McLovin

Reaction score
Firstly I'd like to wish good luck to my two opponents, GardsJr and J-Dawg. I know for sure that Gards has great talent, as for J-Dawg I admit I have never seen any of his work. Anyway, I didn't read if we had to put a Backstory or not, but I've done one anyway.

BACKSTORY
At WWE Unforgiven 2008, Chris Jericho took on Shawn Michaels in a Ladder Match for the World Heavyweight Championship. What many don't know is that plans leading up to the event were for Jericho to lose against Michaels in a 7-8 minute match. When Jericho found out he immediately had to do something. So when the event came along and he made his way to the ring, he had a microphone in his hand, and a Contract in the other. Jericho talked about his time in the WWE and had harsh words for the booking team and Vince mcMahon. In the end, Jericho revealed the contract was for TNA and he signed it in the middle of the ring.

At Bound For Glory 2008, Chris Jericho was unveiled as the BIG SURPRISE, Jericho took part in the Gauntlet for the Gold and won. Jericho set the date for his TNA World Heavyweight Championship Match, a month later at Genesis against AJ Styles....
TNA iMPACT!
Thursday 30th October, 2008
A camera fades to backstage, where Jeremy Borash is standing with a microphone next to Chris Jericho. Once the crowd in the iMPACT! Zone see him they go crazy, with a small chant of "Jericho" heard.

Jeremy Borash: It's JB, Jeremy Borash and in a few weeks this man, TNA's new signing will go one-on-one with "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. Now with AJ in....

Borash is stopped as Jericho covers the microphone with his hand. The crowd cheer, as Jericho takes the microphone off of Borash and starts to talk.

Chris Jericho: Welcome to TNA is JERICHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

The crowd go balistic as Jericho smiles at the camera.

Chris Jericho: And you're right Borash, in a few weeks. In a few weeks? Come on be more presise than that. In 10 days "The Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah" "The Sexy Beast", anything you can think of, "Y2J" will go one-on-one with "The Phenomenal" AJ Styles.

The crowd cheer for the mention of AJ Styles' name.

Chris Jericho: Phenomenal? Excuse me, if there's anyone who should be phenomenal around here it is me. The only Unidsputed Champion in wrestling history, the man who single-handedly put on the best performance at Bound For Glory. The man who is the savior of TNA. But it doesn't matter, because in 10 days I will take what is rightfully mine, and that is the belt. And once I have that belt in my possesion, there is nothing that anyone can do to stop my rise to the top of TNA.

Evil Austin

I am not sure if we must give a backstory on how Jericho and Borash had gotten on the same Brand and what is happening but I thought just to be on the safe side I might wright a few lines on it. I would also like to say good luck to everyone in the Tournament ...... here goes nothing.

* Backstory *

World Heavyweight Champion Chris Jericho won his title in the scramble match at Unforgiven 2008, Many didn't like this idea due to the fact that CM Punk never was even in the match even though he was the champion... Many thought this was a stupid booking idea but then again heck whatever makes people tune into the next show isn't that bad of an idea.

At the next Pay Per View at NO Mercy 2008 Chris Jericho had beaten Shawn Michaels in a 15 and a little bit minute match for the World Title retaining his gold in an unbelieveable ladder match which saw a diving elbow from the top of the ladder - Walls of Jericho across two ladders - A Codebreaker on Shawn Michaels while he was holding the ladder breaking his jaw on it. And other jaw dropping moments in the ladder match which is sure to be match of the year candidate.

After the match Chris Jericho walked backstage and thought to himself there are so many times I can do the same thing over and over again, Chris Jericho looked long and hard at his World Title in the locker room and began to think to himself he beat pretty much everyone on the raw roster in the main event atleast once or twice before and this is just re - runs for him, Jericho thought to himself that he had proven that he was the the top of the world wrestling entertaiment and by winning pretty much every title there is to win he decided he would test the waters and win add more to his illustrious carrier and be one of the first to win the WCW, TNA and WWE heavyweight championships... that's right Jericho had moved over to TNA.

Jericho gave his title over to Vince and explained his story Vince wasn't happy about his loss to the roster but the show must go on with the vacated Heavyweight gold that used to be Jericho's on raw up for grabs Randy Orton had won it beating Batista and CM Punk in a 3 way match... meanwhile Jericho is about to have his first night in TNA this week and Jeremy Borash is inetviewing him as we speak.

* Promo *

*TNA Pyro Goes off and the show begins*

The Commentators welcome us to the show and they waste little to none time announcing the main event for tonight but before they could ......

The Countdown began all this Jericho happenings were just roumers and many fans didn't even know about it - Chris Jericho had officially had his fisrt TNA entrance and the crowd had gone nuts... Chris Jericho had then appeared on the tron with Jeremy Borash near him as Jeremy is about to ask the tough questions....

Jeremy Borash: Chris we are all happy to have you on the roster but could you please tell me along with all the others why?

Chris Jericho: Jeremiah shut your mouth because TNA IS JERICHO!!!!!!! Sorry I just had to do that, Now with Genesis coming up in a meer two weeks Samoa Joe the world heavyweight champion you think your all high and mighty you think your the greatest thing since Andre the Giant you think the world of yourself with that gold well bub let me break it down for you I am not only the King of the World I am the first ever Undisputed Champion and I am also the best wrestler there is on the roster....

(a slight mixed crowd reaction at such a bold statement)

Chris Jericho:
Samoa Joe you over the past few months have gone through Sting, Kurt Angle, Booker T and Kevin Nash but you have never and I mean EVEEERRRR been in the ring with me, and you should be thankfull because if you would have been you wouldn't be the world heavyweight champion heck you wouldn't be called the Samoan Submission machine because we all know the Walls of Jericho is much better then any of your submission holds- You would be left in a Saman hospital in a "respiratory machine" So Samoa Joe you better take videos and pictures of yourself with the gold you better take the gold out every where you go take it to the movies push it on the swings and tuck it in at night in bed because in two weeks your reign will end when I beat you for that title.....

Jeremy Borash: But Chris all due respect Jeff Jarret is next in line for that gold, you just come out of no where and didn't become number one contender yet?

Chris Jericho: When I came from the WWE I came under my circumstances under my rules and under my written contract no one signs such a high classed wrestler like myself without giving me a few things in my contract one Samoa Joe I am the number one contender two I get the pick the match up at Genesis... and Joe just so you know this match is going to be a Submission match where I can prove to you and these second rate TNA idiots that I am the true submission machine when I lock in the Walls of Jericho thats it its over..... So Samoa Joe just too short weeks...

(Chris drops the mike and then leaves as Jeremy Borash sends it back to the ring for the first match of the evening)

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
I was planning on waiting 'til at least Spiral, or CMS posted their respective promo's but I might not be on the computer so I'll post mine right now.

Backstory: It is the iMPACT following Genesis 2007. In the main event of Genesis Sting teased a mystery partner, where speculations were all over the place from “The Great One”, to “The Hulkster”, to “The Nature Boy”. But at the end it was Chris Jericho who tag teamed with Sting to take on Kevin “Diesel” Nash, and “The Olympic Gold Medalist” Kurt Angle. At the end of the match, Chris Jericho performed a big Codebreaker, or double knee face buster if you may on Kevin Nash to earn the win. Kurt Angle hightailed out of the ring with his TNA World Heavyweight Championship living to fight another day, as Sting was about to lock in the Scorpion Deathlock to send a message to Angle. Instead, he signaled Jericho to lock in The Walls of Jericho on Nash. The show closed off with Jericho posing at the turnbuckle. TNA iMPACT! General Manager Jim Cornett announced that Sting rightfully earned his win over Angle as he promised, and now has a No Holds Barred match against Kurt Angle at the TNA Super Show just one week away from now. Now not to leave their new member high, and dry. They gave Chris Jericho a shot to prove himself worthy of the title. At the super show Chris Jericho will face AJ Styles in a dream match for number one contendership of the championship at “Turning Point”. Now we are just before our main event of iMPACT featuring a rematch of Genesis’s main event with Christian Cage replacing Nash who is Kayfabe injured. Jeremy Borash attempts to conduct an interview with Jericho before he goes out to due battle.

As we return from commercial we go backstage to the usual interview scene where there is no one present. Just then, the pleads of Jeremy Borash begin to be heard. He his yelling out the name of the possible number one contender for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship “The Savior” Chris “Y2J” Jericho. Jeremy Borash comes into the scene, and has a microphone in hand already. He takes a deep breath, and eventually looks into the camera.

Jeremy Borash: “Ladies, and Gentlemen I am Jeremy Borash, and with me tonight is none other than the former world champion. Veteran in the ring. And possible number one contender for “The” TNA World Heavyweight Championship that will be de-”

Chris Jericho is heard from off camera.

Chris Jericho: “Hold on, hold on, hold on one minute. Did you just say “possible” number one contender?

Chris Jericho walks into the scene with his jacket, and uniform pants on. He beams into the camera, and at the eyes of fans at home. He looks back at Jeremy Borash, and begins once more.

Chris Jericho: “I AM the number one contender. Come next Thursday when I beat who ever the hell is Aj Styles at “The” TNA Super show! So kid what’s your name again?”

Jeremy Borash: “Jeremy Borash, Jericho.”

Chris Jericho: “Jeremy Borash Jericho? Holy feces were your parents Jerich-a-holics too? Oh boy I am loved!”

Jeremy Borash: “I’m sure you are Jericho but I meant-.”

Chris Jericho: “Jeremy Borash Jericho can you SHUT THE HELL UP!”

Jeremy stays silent, as Jericho stares down at him with a priceless face. The crowd laughs at the scenario, and eats up Y2J's antics.

Chris Jericho: “ Well get on with it come on I don’t have all day I have a few ass clowns asses to go kick.”

Jeremy Borash: “Um, yeah sure. So Y2J your thoughts on your big win over Kurt Angle, and Kevin Nash this past Sunday? How do you feel about Sting picking up the pin fall after you put Nash away with your may I say lethal Codebreaker. Yet, now you have to fight your way to the title?”

Chris Jericho: “Ok Borash Jericho. I know what your trying to do. Your trying to stir some of the nasty, nasty between Sting, and myself. Well to tell you the truth I am pissed off. I mean Stings my friend, and all. The guy brang me to TNA for Christ’s Sake. I help him out with Angle, and Nash, and the guy cant even drop my name to Corn head, or whatever that guys name is?”

Jeremy Borash: “But Jericho you have to understand it was Jim Cornett’s decision, and not Stings. So your thoughts on your opponent next week Aj Styles.”

Chris Jericho: “ Who the hell is Aj Styles!? Sounds like an over rated, wanna be rapper, who’s ass got kicked in ‘05."

Chris Jericho laughs out loud, as the fans applaud the cheap rib at the obvious superstar.

Chris Jericho: "No, but seriously who in the hell is Aj Styles? Huh, Jeremy Borash Jericho?”

Jeremy Borash: “Well um, he is a former two time TNA World Heavyweight Champion. He has actually been pretty dominant, and is currently holding the TNA Tag Team Championship alongside Tyson Tomko of course.”

Chris Jericho: “Now that’s a name I remember! Tyson Tomko. That loser, slash jobber kid is still wrestling! Well what a small world eh? I don’t know who the hell this Cj, Aj, Jj Styles kid is but I am Y2J, and I am sorry to tell you but I am just simply better than you. Don’t feel bad I’m better than everyone really. Right Jeremy Borash Jericho?”

Jeremy Borash: “ If you say so Y2J. So Chris Jericho let me ask one more question. What are your thoughts on Kurt Angle, and the TNA World Heavyweight Championship?”

Chris Jericho: “Kurt Angle. The man with a million faces. He is a wrestler, Olympic Gold Medalist, milkman, father, husband, and not to mention ass clown! Kurt Angle has been defeated by me more times than I have won championships. I seriously lost count, and Sunday was another loss in the Angle Jericho rivalry. Lets just say Angle does by a miracle beat Sting in that no holds barred match. I am coming after him. I am Chris “damn” Jericho. See I don’t have to add a “damn”, or a “freaking” before, or in the middle of my name to show how great I am. I am just oozing with greatness. I am “The Ayatollah of Rock 'n' Rolla”, I am The Savior of TNA, and I am the next TNA World Heavyweight Champion. Now Kurt “freaking” Angle.. That’s the truth! Oh boy its damn true!”

Chris Jericho smiles into the camera, before comically changing to a serious face, and storming off the scene.

Jeremy Borash: “Well according to Chris Jericho; This is Jeremy Borash Jericho back to you Mike, and Don.”

Once again, good luck to Spiralshock, and CMS. Its an honor to go against you two, and may the best booker win.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Backstory
Chris Jericho shocked the wrestling world by leaving the WWE and signing with TNA. Jericho quickly made name for himself in TNA making his presence felt in the World Title Match at No Surrender between Samoa Joe, Christian Cage, and Kurt Angle. Christian Cage seemed to have the match won but Chris Jericho made a shocking debut by knocking Christian out with the title belt allowing Joe to lock in the Coquina Clutch. Needless to say Christian Cage was not too happy about that and immediately set his sights on Chris Jericho. The two agreed to meet in the ring at Bound for Glory with the winner earning a title shot at Genesis. The two wrestled in an incredible 20 minute match with dozens of reversals and near falls with Jericho finally getting the pin after countering the Unprettier into a Codebreaker and Lionsault. After the match Jeremy Borash caught up with the new number one contender Chris Jericho to get his thoughts.

Backstage at the interview

Jeremy Borash: Wrestling fans, JB, Jeremy Borash here with the newest member of the TNA Roster and a man who moments ago became the number one contender to the TNA World Heavyweight Title, Chris Jericho and Chris I wanna find out what it’s like to be the number one contender?

Chris Jericho: You wanna find out what it’s like to be the number one contender? Why don’t you go out in the ring and fight Christian Cage for 20 minutes and have him chop and suplex you all over the place and then beat him? Then you might know what it’s like, jerky.

Jeremy Borash: No, no I meant what does it feel like for you to be the number one contender?

Chris Jericho: How does it feel? What kind of stupid question is that? I guess that’s why you’re working here and not up North, huh Jimmy Brasho? It feels great. I got to show all these TNA fans in…what’s this town called again?

Jeremy Borash: Chicago.

Chris Jericho: All these fans in Cheekargo what Y2J is all about. Tonight, Christian Cage remembered why he left WWE in the first place, because he was tired of constantly being beaten by the Ayatollah of Rock N Rolla. But I’m tired of talking about the past let’s talk about the future. And the future for Chris Jericho is lined with gold. I don’t care who the champion is at Genesis whether it’s the Icon Stink, Samawa Jack, Kirk Angel or Mr. T, the result is going to be the same and that’s whoever the World Champion is tapping out to the Walls of Jericho and TNA will never…eeee..eeee…eeeever be the same again!