Beer present BTB Promo Tournament Central!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who Should Win?

• Beer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Magus

• DX_3:16

• Total voters

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

It says you have four days on the post and it was posted two days ago so I'd say a day or two.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Just saying.. Humankiller99 just voted for me. Even though CMS's promo isn't up yet. Whats going on? Is that not going to be counted?

The Rated R CMStar

Obviously it shouldn't be counted.

Mine will be tomorrow. All my efforts today were devoted to BTW.

THE Renegade Diesel

Reaction score
Can't wait, and I mean maybe he just really loved my promo :grin:.. Lets just wait for Beer to see? I mean you can't blame me for leaning towards it being counted.

Reaction score
***Backstory***​

Chris Jericho has been fired from WWE. It happened soon after he was confronted backstage by Triple H with an idea regarding another Undisputed Champion match in which Jericho would lose to Triple H, therefore conferring the title of Undisputed to Triple H. Chris turned the idea down and immediately went on a 3 week long rampage in which he would disagree with WWE's booking and eventually came to a head with a loss of the title against a returning Umaga live on Monday Night RAW.

Jericho had enough. He walked into Vince's office during a meeting and demanded that Vince apologize for treating him so unfairly, demanding that Vince have a match scheduled next week for Jericho to regain his title and unfortunately Vince had also had enough as he fired him on the spot.

Fast forward a month later. TNA has just hired the biggest free agent on the market...the Ayatollah of Rock and Rollah, Chris Jericho is crossing the line and making his debut on TNA: Impact tonight as the show opens to Jeremy Borash sitting down backstage with Chris Jericho.​

***Promo***​

Jeremy Borash sits backstage wearing a blue sports coat and jeans in a sparsely decorated room with a leather couch and a small chair. Borash looks around checks his microphone as in walks Chris Jericho wearing a white button up shirt with a black raven on it and dark blue jeans. He pulls his glasses up ontop of his head and looks at Borash as Borash stands and adjusts his jacket nervously. Jericho stares at him awkwardly as if Borash had just spit in his face.

Jeremy Borash: Mr...uh...Mr. Jericho...

Jericho does a double take as he continue to glare at Borash. Borash gathers himself and looks around as if searching for help as a long moment passes. Finally Jericho breaks his silence.

Chris Jericho: This is TNA? What the hell? Who are you?

Jeremy Borash: I'm the...uh...interview guy here at TNA, and let me be the first to say how happy we are...

Chris Jericho: The head interview 'guy'? What the hell is your name? Never mind, it doesn't matter. You want an interview, here it is:

Borash stands next to Jericho and holds the microphone up to his mouth...apparently too close, as Jericho looks back over his shoulder and motions for Borash to move the microphone, but Borash doesn't notice. Jericho shakes his head, disappointed, and then reaches over and pushes the microphone away from his face.

Chris Jericho: Where the hell do they get these people...T...N...A. Total Nonstop Action, you are lucky that I decided to grace you with my presence as I have yet to see any real action around this place since I got here. But, that's ok because the AYATOLLAH OF ROCK AND ROLLAH' is here and TNA is now JERICHOOOO! This is my house now, and I'm officially putting everyone on this roster on notice: stay out of my way or I'll make your life a living hell. Y2J is the future of TNA and TNA is my new stage.

Jeremy Borash: What about the TNA Heavyweight Champion, Chris?

Chris Jericho: Wait, what did you just say?

Jeremy Borash: Samoa Joe, the TNA Heavyweight Champion. What about him?

Chris Jericho looks very annoyed at the question and knocks Borash's glasses in the floor with a light backhand slap to his head.

Chris Jericho: What an appropriate title for Fat Joe to carry around, seeing as he is sooooo heavyweight and all. Joe, I want a title shot ASAP. You and me, one on one. Fat boy versus Y2J. And you know what, I'll go ahead and give you a run down of what will happen in that match. After I hit the Codebreaker on your big fat head, you will wake up to the referee asking you to give in as I bend you like a pretzel with the Walls of Jericho! And then when you tap out to the Rock and Roll Submission Machine, you will know that you lost to the sexiest man on earth...Y...2...J on T...N...A. Now, go change your diaper interiew 'guy'.

Jericho walks off the set, an annoyed expression on his face as Borash simply looks around as if he wet himself.

Beer

For those who are wondering, no, Humankiller's vote will not be counted, and Humankiller, if you do this again I may have to get Moderators involved.

Beer

An Interview with Chris Jericho!

BTB Tournament

**Backstory**

After winning the World Heavyweight Championship at Unforgiven 2008 Chris Jericho was on a roll holding the title up to Wrestlemania 25 losing it to MVP. After the match the ring was invaded by TNA Superstars and a war was begun. Jericho, now a pioneer of the WWE, led WWE against TNA and at Backlash got a victory over Kurt Angle.

Then, at Judgement Day, he got a victory with Triple HHH against Samoa Joe and AJ Styles. This feud was a raging one already and would last all the way to Survivor Series when we had a 5 on 5 Traditional Survivor Series Match.

In the end it came down to Jericho and Batista against an alone Kurt Angle. Angle fought hard but could not pull out the win, well, that was until Chris Jericho decided that he should get a chair to use against Kurt. But, just when it seemed he would hit Kurt he turned to Batista, cracking a great Steel Chair over his head as blood poured out of his head.

Chris Jericho took his WWE top off to reveal a TNA one. He had just made one of the biggest turns in Wrestling History. Jericho laid on the floor for Kurt who pinned him as well as pinning Batista leaving Batista in a bloody mess as Kurt and Jericho walked out of the arena together screaming, “TNA! TNA! TNA!”

As soon as Jericho came to TNA he immediately became heel and earned a shot at the TNA Heavyweight Championship and AJ Styles. The weeks leading up to the match Jericho repeatedly laid out AJ.

**Backstory**

**Promo**

The camera cuts backstage where Jeremy Borash and Chris Jericho are standing. Jericho, who is wearing a T-Shirt with Quick Sliver sown neatly on it and a pair of navy jeans with a hint of black around the knees, takes his sunglasses off and tucks them into the top of his T-Shirt. He sigh heavily before telling JB to begin the conversation as Borash does as he is told like Jericho is his Puppet-Master.

JB: ….

Jericho quickly puts his finger on his lips and says “Shhhh….”

Jericho: Before you say anything, Jeremy, think about it. Think about what you are asking, as a ridiculous question could land you in a lot of trouble with, me……

JB: ….

Once again Jericho quickly puts his finger on his lips and says “Shhhh….”

Jericho: You know scrap that previous sentence as I know what you are going to ask anyway, “Jericho, why all the attacks?” well, I will tell you why….. To soften him up for our match at Turning Point.

Jericho laughs to himself.

You see I am not going to lie, I am not that type of person, everyone else would say that they attacked a person because they don’t like him, well that is just not the case for me. For me, to be honest, I don’t even know the guy personally, seems like he is alright.

Jericho shrugs his shoulders.

But, the TNA Heavyweight Championship, it is worth more than that. And if I am going to have the Title, I am going to have to do what I do best, which is to hurt people.

JB: But Chris, you are an accomplished wrestler, do you really need to attack AJ like this?

Jericho: Look, in all honesty, I don’t need to soften him up, but us wrestlers, well, we thrive on reassurance. The thing that we love best is to know that we have a match in the bag. But, don’t think that I am a bad guy for doing this, because there are a lot of people out there who also do it, as well as some you might know. Such as, the icon, Sting,

Crowd Pops.

Ric Flair,

Crowd Pop.

Triple HHH,

Crowd Pop.

and Shawn Michaels.

Crowd Pop.

So is that all you got for me JB?

JB: Well, there is one last thing…. Do you honestly think you can beat the “Phenomenal One,” “Mr. TNA!” AJ Styles?

Jericho laughs to himself.

Jericho: Yes, and you know why? Because I, I have reassurance.

The scene ands with Jericho putting his sunglasses back on and walking off the set.

YOU MAY NOW VOTE FOR YOUR FAVOURITE PROMO!​

Emperor DC

Reaction score
Can you put any more restrictions on a promo?

My god, no wonder hardly no one has entered. WCW Rules said it best, the restrictions do not help, it hinders, it basically stunts your creative flow.

It's an awful idea and I think you'd find this tournament would be more successful and actually better if you allowed people to do what they wanted.

A tournament is about finding the best.

How can you produce your best work when you are told what to do?

Beer

Thanks Emperor, but this is how it will work despite your opinion on what is best.

And in future P-L-E-A-S-E stop poking your nose in and telling everyone that you hate how everything is done. If you don't like it, leave.

Emperor DC

Reaction score
I'm only stating an opinion (it's actually a fact too, but yeah ...), don't tell me that is not allowed now?

Switchy

Reaction score
Tbh, I agree with E-DC. I know there should be some restrictions but restricting what superstars EXACTLY to use is a bit stupid, say what company the people have to be from and how many or aloud at the most, no more imo.

But anyway, this is Beer's tournament and he can do what he wants with it even if people agree or disagree.

Reaction score
Fact is something that is scientifically proven. Emperor's opinion is not fact.

I'm not saying either way is right or wrong. I think it puts an interesting spin on things as I found the stipulations very challenging this week. I really had to work hard at coming up with a decent promo and I felt like I got better because of it. I may not win, but I got something out of it...I got better...and in the end, isn't that all that matters?

Beer

I know people have opinions and what not but tbh if you have a problem with it, PM me instead of cluttering my thread.

EDIT: I agree with Magnus, tbh.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
JB: JB, Jeremy Borash, here with the new number one contender, Y2J, Chris Jericho. Chris, earlier tonight you competed in a brutal match, and managed to beat out Batista, Kane, and Rey Mysterio to get your World Title shot. Now you have to go up against the Rated R Superstar, Edge, at One Night Stand.

Y2J: A brutal match? I’m glad you’re not letting your education get in the way of your ignorance, JB. Tonight I was in the ring with the three stooges themselves. First we’ve got a man, very aptly named ‘The Animal’. He’s 6 feet 6 inches tall, almost that wide, 300 pounds; I’ve never seen such a small mind inside such a big head. He’s easier to read than one of those books on cassette. Batista, take the needle out of your ass; it’s not doing you any good. And speaking of Batista’s ass, next I had to deal with his butt-buddy, Rey Mysterio; a man who bases his whole career on an area code in San Diego. You know, I think that mask of his somehow stunted his growth. Here’s a man who has to be lead around by butt-bud-Batista because, let’s face it, Rey’s too small to be allowed to wander off on his own. And he thinks he should be in the number one contendership? Somewhere out there there’s a village missing an idiot. Rey, this isn’t some youtube trampoline federation. This is the WWE, and you’ve gotta be at least THIS tall to ride! And last but not least, there was the Big Red Moron, Kane. A man who wore a mask for most of his career because he thought his face was scarred, because I guess he never once looked in a mirror all his life. But then, when you look like that, why would you want to? Kane, ‘Big Red’ is not a nickname; it’s a brand of Wrigley’s bubblegum, and you’d better hope those lawyers don’t come and beat your ass down as bad as I did tonight.

Y2J: And that takes us to two weeks from now, One Night Stand, where Y2J, Chris Jericho, goes one on one against the one and only Edge. A man who prides himself on being “Rated R.” A man who goes to the ring and just… blows hard, like he’s being intimidating or something. Edge, what are you trying to tell us? Do you blow well, is that it? And so long as we’re on that subject, Edge, if you want to slather yourself with a warning label, how about this! “Small parts, choking hazard, not suitable for anyone!” Just have that written across your pants and you’re good to go!

Y2J: Two weeks from now, at One Night Stand, Edge will walk in as world champion, but the person who walks out as world champion will be Y2J, Chris Jericho. And when I do, Monday Night RAW will never EVERRRR be the same again.