Beer present BTB Promo Tournament Central!

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Who Should Win?

• Beer

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Magus

• DX_3:16

• Total voters

Beer

Lethal did not win. I told you, they were given 24 hours. It is like saying that we have a 10 man Comp. 5 people give in their entries, 5 don't. We give them a day and they give in their entries, each person says okay, they gave in their entries. Then after the comp is over they bitch about not winning. So basically, GardsJR won. (Lethal, don't worry, I am not saying you bitched.)

The Rated R CMStar

I think that deadline is today, so my promo will be up tonight.

Beer

The deadline will be at 12:00 Midnight, from where ever your time zone is.

Beer

**Backstory**

In the year 2008, there was one major rivalry, HBK vs. Chris Jericho. It all started at Backlash when HBK faked a Knee Injury. Jericho was unhappy that fans idolized a man who would such a thing.

Next, at Judgment Day, Jericho was defeated by HBK in a fantastic match. At the next Pay-Per-View, One Night Stand, HBK was defeated at the hands of Batista in a Stretcher Match, in which Jericho interfered.

At the Highlight Reel, the next week, Jericho smashed HBK through a Television Screen giving Michaels a Detached Retina. At the Great American Bash a match between Michaels and Jericho was scheduled, in which Jericho attacked HBK’s eye causing the ref to stop the match and award Jericho the winner.

A month later, at Summerslam, HBK announced his departure from WWE, during which Jericho came to the ring in an attempt to punch HBK. Unfortunately Jericho connected with HBK’s wife which further angered the Heart Break Kid.

HBK eventually denounced his retirement plan and decided to face Jericho in an Unsanctioned Match at Unforgiven. During the match, Michaels beat Jericho with a Leather Strap Rapped around his fist, so badly that the ref stopped the match and it was awarded to HBK. But, during the same night, World Champion CM Punk was attacked by Randy Orton in a brutal fashion , causing him to pull out of his match.

General Manager Mike Adamle replaced Punk with Jericho who would later go on to win the Championship. HBK, still angry with Jericho, was announced to face him for the Title at No Mercy…. In a Ladder Match! Y2J won the match when HBK brutalized him so much but before going up the ladder and winning the title he decided to leave and allow Y2J win the match, tonight is the explanation……

**Backstory**

**Promo**

Suddenly JR and Cole are abruptly stopped as “Break Down the Walls†blasts through the speakers as an eruption of boos thrives through the crowd. Y2J walks out on to the entrance ramp followed by Lance Cade. Jericho drapes his World Championship over his shoulder as he ambles towards the ring. Cade jumps up onto the apron while Jericho begins to climb the Steel Steps. They both get into the ring at the same time, and Y2J grabs a Mic.

Jericho: So, last night Shawn Michaels embarrassed me?

Pop

Jericho: Shut the hell up! Shawn Michaels is washed up and you know it. What happened at No Mercy was a mistake, a stupid mistake and let me guarantee that it will not happen again. I am Y2J, I am the Saviour of WWE, I am Lion Heart, I am Chris Jericho! And this…. This is how you repay me? You make me sick!

Heat

Jericho: Look at me, I am the World Heavyweight Champion. And no matter what Shawn Michaels did to me I deserve respect! And I am here to show you that I am still the best in this business.

Heat

Jericho: Which Is why tonight I am offering an open challenge to any one in the back, any amount of people in the back, to come and face me tonight in a match for MY gold.

There is heat for a while until “Sexy Boy†hits as the fans pop loudly in excitement. HBK poses to the crowd before getting in the ring to face Jericho and Cade.

Jericho: Shawn what the hell are you….

HBK: Chris, why don’t you just shut the hell up!

Pop.

HBK: Now, I for one am fed up of you running your mouth around here. Jericho, face it, you got laid out by what you call, “A Washed Up†Superstar. You also got laid out by the same “Washed Up†superstar at Unforgiven. And not to mention two weeks ago on Raw! So if you could so kindly just shut your mouth.

Pop.

HBK: Now Chris, you talk about how you are the best around here but to be honest, I think you are past it. So that maybe true for me too but the difference between us is that you are stealing the spot light from every young, rising and talented superstar and I am truly unhappy about it.

Pop.

HBK: Which is why I am looking to finally finish you off…

Jericho: But that is the thing that is confusing me Shawn, you had the chance to take this title off me. Why didn’t you?

HBK: You really want to know? Well, I don’t need it. I have had enough gold in my time, at No Mercy my goal was to mainly destroy you, and crush you. Which brings me to the main reason I am out here. You do not deserve that title, and I am going all out to get it from around your waist!

Pop.

HBK: But like I said, I don’t want it. Which is why I have an answer to your open challenge. Come on out guys.

Suddenly the whole Raw Roster come from the back.

HBK: You will be facing every single man, good luck Chris, you are going to need it!

Shawn drops the Microphone and walks to the back as the superstars begin a “HBK!†chant. Jericho runs his hands through his hair as he and Cade have miscommunications.

**Promo**

Dwes

Reaction score
No show?

Backstory

For weeks the Icon Sting preached his message of respect to TNA. One man who took this message personally was Kurt Angle. Angle went on about how the acquisition of Foley was disrespectful of him and told Foley if he’s not on the Angle Side they’re be consequence. Angle at Bound For Glory destroyed Jeff Jarrett in a brutal match and had TNA’s founder carried out on a stretcher. But Angle didn’t leave the arena in one piece as Foley attacked him with Barbie. Now a couple of weeks later the two sides have been drawn clearly Angle, Sting, and Booker against Styles, and Joe who are being advised by Mick Foley. However one man is stuck in the middle one side fully wants to accept him while the side with his closest friend have very divided opinions. Now after weeks of recruiting it’s time for Christian Cage to make the decision that could change the tide of the civil war within TNA Wrestling.

“ Takeover” plays to the delight of the TNA fans this has been the moment they’ve been waiting for. Christian Cage causally dressed walks out with none of his normal theatrics but with a look of frustration. Both sides tried to get him but after some insults were thrown at him by some of the TNA original Christian went from saying he was for the young guys to I’m 50/50. As Christian enters the ring and is handed a mic the crowd begins to chant Instant Classic.

Cage: At the beginning of the show I was hit with the same question, the million dollar question that everyone’s had on their mind just who’s side are you on Christian. For the past month or so I’ve repeated the rhetoric that Christian does what is best for the Champ. But these answers I’ve been getting put me in a bind, it strained my rocky relationship with AJ. See AJ expects me go pro youngster he wants me to fight the power and help the rebellion. Sure I’d be suited to lead the resistance and put the emphasis on talent and not some overrated or washed up wrestlers. The kids want to promote talent and say talent over name value but without name value we’d be on a midnight hour slot on your local station.

Cage: Now when the show started I said sure AJ, I got your back. AJ’s happy the fans happy, hell add inflicted Don West is happy. But then I took a stroll down memory lane. I remembered AJ turning on me I remembered the Motor City Machine guns slapping me, I saw the short no name rockstar gossiping behind my back and then out of nowhere Johnny Devine slapped me and told me Christian we don’t want your help. Then it donned on me why should the Champ join the young guns, when is it okay for me having to deal with attitude from curtain jerkers. I am the instant classic and if anyone is going to disrespect me it won’t be the local jobber from your local gym. . So When JB told me Kurt and Mick have something to say to me I decided that whoever offers me the better package get’s the services of the Instant Classic.

“ Gold Medal” hits to tons of heat as Kurt Angle in formal wear comes to the ring with a mic and a cocky grin. He then proceeds to enters the ring and shakes Christian’s hand as the crowd chants Angle sucks.

Angle: Christian I’m going to make the decision real easy for you, you’ve known me for many years and for those years bar some we were on the same page. Now Christian I am a man of integrity, intelligence, and intensity all but most importantly I am a stand up guy. I’ve win a freaking gold medal hell, I’ve won twelve world titles yet people whine about us taking their spots. But Christian their jealous because we cam here and did in a year what they couldn’t do in their existence and that’s make TNA a real threat. They’re mad because the fans come to see us so they’re trying to kill this company by taking out the headliners, it’s pathetic these guys say we haven’t busted our asses. But the thing is we’ve earned the right to appear whenever we want, get the primetime spotlight whenever we want, and get title shots whenever we want. But the young guns Christian you chooses them and they’ll stab you in the back. Oh it’s real it’s Damn Real.

“ Bang” hits to a huge pop as Mick Foley comes out casually dressed with a smile. Mick enters the ring and shakes hands with Christian but ignores Angle as the crowd chants Foley.

Foley: Christian I know you’re a smart man, a man who knows what he’s doing. So I’m not going to try to lie to you like Kurt. See your in the middle you’re the franchise player that big time free agent. Now here’s your options you can go back there count your money pop a cigar and play with the rich boys backstage. You can be what you didn’t want to become and that is the veteran who has to have things go his ways and you’ll be in the environment you were in up north. Or you can continue your commitment to this company and help my guys backstage and be known as the man who saved this company from politics and bruised ego’s.

Christian ponders what Mick and Kurt just says as he begins to speak. He then goes to shake Foley’s hand but instead he blast Foley with the mic Angle then hit’s the Olympic slam.

Christian: It’s like this Foley, the Champ is on the vets side and you should be too. Cause if you don’t watch your back their going to disrespect you Mick, they’re using you for all worth to air their ignorant opinions. But soon once they’ve milked the cow Mick they’re going to slaughter you so until you wake up have a nice day.

The Rated R CMStar

On June 23, Batista was drafted from SmackDown to the Raw brand during the 2008 WWE Draft. Batista became a World Tag Team Champion for a third time on the August 4 edition of Raw when he teamed up with John Cena, his SummerSlam opponent, to defeat Cody Rhodes and Ted DiBiase for the title, but failed to retain the title against the former champions on the next edition of Raw. Batista narrowly defeated Cena at SummerSlam. It was later revealed that Batista had caused a severe neck injury on Cena that needed surgery.

Batista continued his path of destruction, coming close to win the WHC at Unforgiven at the Championship Scramble match. At No Mercy, JBL vs Batista was announced, with the winner becoming the new Number One Contender for the World Heavyweight Championship.

Batista and JBL fought their best. However, and in surprise fashion, John Cena would walk down the ramp, and taking advantage of the referee being knocked out, he delivered an FU to Batista. Not satisfied with this, Cena picked Batista up again and delivered a second FU. JBL then picked up the scraps and made the cover, winning the match.

“My Time is Now†plays to a big amount of boos from the audience as John Cena makes his way out. He ignores the fans at ringside as he walks down the ramp and slides into the ring, with a microphone in hand.

Cole: Ladies and Gentlemen welcome to Monday Night Raw and right there is the man who shocked the world last night when he returned at No Mercy.

King: And not only did he returned, but he cost Batista the match against JBL and the Number One Contendership.

Cena lets the boos sink in as he prepares to speak.

Cena: It appears to me that none of you have forgotten about me.

Crowd boos John Cena even more heavily.

Cena: Because for weeks, it seemed to be as if all of you had. And it wasn’t the fact that you all had apparently forgotten me, because you bail on me long time before, and don’t think I will let that slide. It hurt me that my bosses didn’t remember me. While I was out recovering from my surgery, I got not one single phone call from Mike Adamle, Shane Mcmahon, not even Paul called me.

Crowd boos.

Cena: I gave my life to them. I woke up early in the morning each and every day to make interviews, I go to public events, advertising press conferences, I show up to each and every house show, overseas or not, hell, two days after my injury I attended this very show. And what do I get? I get to be left to die on a hospital bed.

John breaths heavily on the mic.

Cena: And the worst of all, no, it isn’t that we have a guy who prides on punching other men’s wife as our World Champion, it isn’t that some team called Rays is whipping the Red Sox. It is that my injury wasn’t even my fault. No. It was caused by one man and one man only.

A “Batista†chant breaks from the crowd.

Cena: Dave Batista.

Crowd erupts at his mention.

Cena: Batista, did you thought I would just let it slide? Did you thought you would almost broke my neck in two halves and I would just turn the other cheek, look you into your eyes, smile and offer you the hand. Maybe the old John Cena. But me, this John Cena? This John Cena doesn’t roll like that. This John Cena kicks your ass up and down just like I did last night at No Mercy.

Crowd boos.

Cena: As for you, JBL…

Crowd’s boos interrupts him, keeping him from speak.

Cena: Boo me all you want, I stopped caring about it long time ago.

Crowd boos John Cena even more.

Cena: As for you JBL, there is no need to give my thanks. God knows you needed all the help you could get to defeat Batista, and apparently your money, or your wife, seeing how things are around Wall Street, would just not do it, so…

“Longhorn†interrupts John Cena. JBL appears on the stage to a big amount of boos from the audience. JBL looks deep down in the eyes of Cena as he walks down the ramp and enters the ring.

Cena: Ladies and Gentlemen, your new Number One Contender, John Bradshaw Layfield! You should be ecstatic, I mean, finally, after 3 years, you were able to defeat Batista, and, it only took you 2 FUs to do it.

JBL: Do you have any idea who I am Cena? I am John Bradshaw Layfield, a self made millionaire, I am the CEO of a company I am the owner of, and above all that, I am…

Cena: A WRESTLIING GOD! Yeah, we all know how it goes, but, what are you doing here? I already said there is no need to say thank you.

JBL: You think you are funny? Who the hell do you think you are? You think that just because you are the mighty John Cena, you can come out and interfere in other people’s matches, in JBL’s matches, and the night after that, you think you can come out and run your mouth for ten straight minutes as if anyone gave a damn what you had to say. You sure have a lot audacity Cena.

Cena: Damn I was sure you were going to say machismo. I swear to God, if I had a dollar for every time you say that.

JBL: Do you have any idea where we are John? Sure, this is your hometown, Boston Massachusetts, but…

Crowd interrupts to boo John Cena.

JBL: But do you really know where we are? We are in the middle of MY RING. Because it doesn’t matter how it happened, a W is a W and I got one against Batista, and I am the new Number One Contender, and it’s just a matter of weeks before I get my torch back and restart my reign as the World Heavyweight Champion. This is my ring, and I am about two seconds from throwing you out of it.

Cena: Whoa whoa whoa whoa, just whoa. With all your babbling I lost my focus. I was talking to the Animal, not the pig.

Crowd laughs as JBL looks angry and insulted.

Cena: You want to have Wrestlemania 21, Judgment Day and One Night Stand redo again and get your ass handed you, be my guest, but right now, I am kinda busy. As for Dave, I don’t care if it gets booed or cheered, the message is still here and it remains the same: You took me out from the scene, I took you out from the title scene, the way I see it, we are all even and back to where we started. So, now Batista, if you want some, come get some!

Crowd heavily boos. JBL, who is still in the ring, steps toward Cena going to confront him, but…

“I Walk Alone†explodes to a massive ovation from the crowd, as Batista steps out from the back to the stage. Batista points and badmouths both men in the ring. He then storms full speed ramp down and to the inside the ring.

As soon as he enters the ring, he takes down JBL with a massive spear. John Cena takes advantage of this and he rolls to the outside of the ring, escaping from Batista. Batista stares at him as Cena leaves and gets distracted. JBL takes advantage of this and having recovered he tries to cheap shot the Animal, however and right on time Batista turns around and nails JBL with a Spinebuster. Batista taunts to the crowd and then to John Cena, who is looking at the action from the ramp. Batista picks up JBL back to his feet, sets him up, and then drops him down connecting the Batista Bomb.

“I Walk Alone†plays to cheers from the audience as Batista taunts to John Cena on the inside of the ring, standing above the beaten JBL.

Gards Jr.

Reaction score
Sorry guys but my shoulder is quite sore and I can hardly right this without it hurting, so CMS is going to have to take the win.

Reaction score
Ok...wow. Two good Promos here. Beer's was a lock until the last few lines where unexpectedly and unexplained the entire roster comes out to at him alive. Makes little sense to me. Dwes was really good, but didn't have as much 'style' as Beer's...

My vote goes to Beer, but both of you were exceptional.

Evil Austin

Alright here is my thoughts as promised (over msn)...........anyway

Beer A very good promo though in the rules you said it was three people in the promo, technically there was only Michaels and Jericho because none of the other guys actually said anything in the promo its like saying I had 10,000 people in the promo because the audience where there... on the promo. That is what I think but overall your promo was kept well in Character it had its moments and it started off nicely just like Jericho would start it off in real life which is the main thing about promo's you have to keep it in character not saying like Jericho: I am the Game, lol but still it was a good promo.... and good job.

Dwes
A very good promo but just say for future references please don't have like 5 colors and underline it you don't like have to make it a drawing and neat competition and it is like too annoying on the eyes it almost drew me away from reading it sometimes plain and simple bold the name like JR: Baw God King.. is always the best. But still was a good promo it wasn't that long to be honest it was like everyone said a few sentences and then that was it no arguing no saying I am better then you will ever be or something like that it was just a few lines and then no more of them it was two things from Cage then Kurt then Foley as if everyone just shut up and was quiet....I didn't quite like it to be honest...

My Winner WINE!!! I MEAN BEER!!!!

Evil Austin

OMG lol I saw your post above as I was typing and I accidently wrote you that was my bad I was like being distracted I shall edit the name now lol.