Ask Anigma

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Anigma

Reaction score
Nate757

I think the people you have in the Four Horsemen are alright. Obviously having Flair in the stable is great and Orton can fit into the swagger of the Horsemen but I’m not too sure about the Briscoes. It will be interesting to see what you do with them though.

DX_3:16

I think Triple H and Jericho can have a great match and depending on who the legend is, I think it’s looking to be an alright event.

I think unifying the titles would be a good idea on your behalf because it will shorten the amount of work you have to keeping up with two world champions. I think it will alleviate a lot of the work you have to do in your BTB thus creating a more refined product in the long run.

Alexmoss12

It’s tough to say. I think it depends on the character of the superstar but if I were to see a masked women’s wrestler on television I would be interested. So depending on the character, I think it can work.

Hulk Hogan and Triple H can be a decent match but I don’t think it could be MOTN.

CT Styles

I’ve answered a few questions like this in the past and I’m going to answer it again. The length of the matches isn’t as important as bookers think. IMO, as long as the match is entertaining and has a nice flow to it then you shouldn’t be worried about the length. A booker can writer a long match and it turns out to be horrible while another booker writes a short match and it comes out like perfection. I really can’t answer your question if those are good lengths or not because I never pay any mind as to how many words my matches are. I just try to make them as entertaining as possible and make sure they flow through properly. If you do that, you shouldn’t have any worries about the length.

TJ

I think a BTB based solely on tag team wrestling would be awful. I think the storylines would be repetitive and their really wouldn’t be any point, in my eyes, in having a tag-team wrestling-based BTB.

Comicgeekelly

I haven’t read POI much recently but from how you describe the match it sounds like one hell of a gimmick match. Just reading at the description seems like it’s a terrible gimmick match but I really can’t say if it was bad or not because I haven’t read it.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

How long do you think you will be gone from the BTB section after your break begins?

The Anigma

Reaction score
BKB

I'm not sure how long my break will be but I will continue to be around the section as well as the rest of the forums. I just don't have any time to write my shows right now so I decided to take an "indefinite hiatus" from having an active BTB but I will still remain an active member of the section.

Emperor DC

I don't recall ever seeing any of your work so I really can't say how great you will be in BTB.

McLovin

Reaction score
What did you think of Smackdown?

What did you think of the BTB Magazine?

What are your thoughts on the new booker WCW Rules?

Would you ever consider being a part of the BTB Magazine?

Do you think you could invovle readers comments on the Commencement Tribute Show?

Emperor DC

Reaction score
The BTB Magazine is an overly rehashed idea. I'm not Anigma, but you only need common sense to see that.

As for WCW Rules, he is probably the best writer here bar none.

---

Oh and Anigma, I was just joking with my post. I personally think this thread is a joke, as are some of the questions being asked. No one person has all the answers and a lot of guys her seem very desperate just by the way they post. I understand you are seen as a god, but I am sure this could be saved for the BTB Discussion Thread-type thing you have here.

The Anigma

Reaction score
Alexmoss12

I haven't checked out SmackDown yet so I really cannot comment on it right now. I think the BTB magazine was pretty good but it would've been so much better if everyone would've had their duties taken care of and sent in to you. I think WCW Rules is probably one of the bookers who are underrated around here as far as his booking abilities are concerned. I would consider being a part of the BTB Magazine since I have about two weeks to work on whatever I was to do. I could easily work on something from time to time when I’m not busy. I was actually thinking about having some of you guys send me in your thoughts on The Commencement. I’ll probably PM some of you guys to send me your thoughts that I can include for the show.

Emperor DC

I kind of figured that your question was a joke but it was tough to tell because some new bookers ask me that question seriously in PM and things like that so I wasn’t too sure but I answered it as best I could. But I would also like to say that I have checked out your work and normally I’m not a fan of recaps but you have written your show so well that the recaps actually work. Most bookers that write in recaps, from what I’ve seen in this section, have failed but you delivered with your first show. Good job. And about this thread being a joke, I didn’t think it would get so many replies but it’s just like every other “Ask” thread that’s around the forum, it was created out of boredom and apparently a lot of bookers have questions even if they do seem to be repetitive.

McLovin

Reaction score
Well I've made a rule that those who don't do it this time and don't tell me are banned from doing it for 6 months.

WCW Rules

Reaction score
You know, Anigma, you're a cool guy; Answering questions and taking names, it's great. So, this thread was created out of boredom? Interesting, because this thread has garnered a deluge of replies. I don't mean to come into the thread without asking a question, though, so if I may;

What made you become a Booker? Was it the allure of creating your own storylines; the sheer control you're given in booking matches and segments, or did you just need something to do? And if it's the last one, has your fondness for booking grown since your coming here? I apologize if I'm reiterating a past question.

The Anigma

Reaction score
Alexmoss12

Are you hinting that I should be apart of the BTB Magazine? lol...I was thinking about helping out but I'm not too sure right now. When is the deadline for sign ups? Or has the deadline already pass?

WCW Rules

To be honest, I had no idea what "Be The Booker" was lol I seen it around other forums then I came here and said, "What the heck, might as well try it" so I did and i was successful in doing so. My fondness for booking has grown since I came here because when I first started my BTB "WWE-The Commencement" I didn't have any expectations for it because it was my first time doing a BTB. I didn't have any plans and all my booking was done on the fly though I had a general idea of where I wanted to go, I never really had anything written in stone. Anyway, my fondness has grown for BTB because now I enjoy giving others ideas for what to do with their BTB and I also used to ask MikeRaw for his opinions on what I was going to do in my storylines.

McLovin

Reaction score
Deadline is open until June 13, you can write anything you want maybe a bit about the commencement seieng as it wa s agreat btb i think it would be a great addition

-TJ-

I don't know if i asked you this question yet so here ya go.....

If you ever quit the "Commencement" Would you do another btb? If so then what?

The Anigma

Reaction score
TJ

I actually am finished with The Commencement. I've been done with it for a couple of days now and I'm going to take an extended break which will be more of an indefinite hiatus from BTB. Would I ever do another BTB? I don't know; probably not because I don't/won't have any time to write shows.

The Anigma

Reaction score
TJ

I'm probably not going to be doing another BTB anytime soon but I'll still be around the forums. I'll continue to review BTB's whenever I can and still try to help out the section and whatnot. I just won't have an active BTB.