Ask Anigma

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Anigma

Reaction score
Alexmoss12

I have yet to read your show but I will some time today/tonight. And I will be dropping a review.

I think the BTB magazine is a good idea. As far as it being a good thing, it depends on if everyone involved follows through and if the content is good. After I see it, I'll let you know my overall thoughts about the magazine.

I've addressed the topic on the mods that were chosen and all of that time and time again but I'll answer this question once again. Do I think the best possible choices were chosen? No. Do I think they were good choices nonetheless? Yes, I do.

I would personally like to see MikeRaw become a mod of BTB somewhere down the line. I think it will be interesting to see him in a position of power.

I have actually been contemplating retiring from BTB for the time being because I'm not going to be having anymore time to do shows so if I had to put a timeline on my BTB I would say my final show will probably be my Backlash pay-per-view then I might have a tribute show or something along those lines.

I really don't have a favorite show but if I had to pick one I would say Backlash 07 from last year. It's my favorite because I kept the same main events that were happening on the real pay-per-view but I put my own creativity into writing them and I also turned Cena heel at that very PPV.

It's tough to say what BTB's are on the verge of breaking into the top BTB's. I think there's a lot of potential amongst the BTB'ers but it's just too tough to choose particular ones.

And don't worry about the amount of questions. The more the better...lol....

TRI

I did check out the Clash of the Champions PPV and I thought it was a very good PPV. I think it would have been awesome if you were to post it in your BTB with build-up and everything but it was still a great pay-per-view. As I said before you're one of the most underrated bookers we've had and it's a loss to the section with you leaving but good luck in the future and hopefully you'll make a return somewhere down the line.

Qwake

How do you think my Next TNE PPV is looking?

Have you read my recent shows :(

and whats is your toughest thing to do in your BTB? (matches, promo's, booking etc?)

McLovin

Reaction score
How many words should an average raw or Smackdown be. Mine was 6,000. is that too much, not enough?

Andrew~Walker

Reaction score
What is your opinion on Weebo's and my return to the section. Also what do you think about us doing separate BTB's?

-TJ-

^Just for terms, I got Andrew out of retirement ;)

Now onto my question, do you think i should express my tag division more on RPW? And check the show out ;)

The Anigma

Reaction score
Sharkboy3:16

I think your next TNE PPV is looking pretty good. The card is looking nice and the build-up is going well, too. Also, I have read your recent shows but I just haven’t been able to review much at all lately. As far as my toughest thing to do in BTB, there really isn’t anything tough for me with BTB. I like writing matches and promos and booking the feuds and all that is fun for me but one thing that seems to be my problem with my BTB is timing. When I first started, I posted Raw and SmackDown up twice a week and each of them were great, Raw more so then SmackDown but both shows delivered. Now it seems like I’m getting behind schedule.

Alexmoss12

I really don’t go by how many words a show is. I just type up my show. I don’t think you should worry about the length of your shows as long as you enjoy writing them and your viewers take pleasure in reading them.

Andrew~Walker

I think your and Weebo’s return to BTB is a good thing because you’re both very good bookers and writers. It will be good for the section in general and as far as the two of you having separate BTB’s, I think that’s going to be interesting. I’m curious to see if a rivalry of sorts develops between the two of you as far as outdoing one another’s show goes.

TJ

I think it’s up to you if you want to express your tag division more but in my opinion, I think you should try to express your tag division more because I don’t recall any BTB really having much focus on their tag division. Your BTB will be one of if not the first to focus on their tag team division and I think that will help you BTB stand out more. Well, that’s my opinion. By the way, nice plug. lol...

-TJ-

Do you think your overrated?

If not do you think your underrated?

How do you see your btb ending?

Did you ever think when starting your btb it was ever going to be big?

Now go give me hard questions lol.

The Anigma

Reaction score
TJ

I don't think I'm overrated or underrated. I'm just floating around in between the two lol...I can't say how my BTB will be ending because at this point I don't know when it will actually end. I had an idea but now I'm not quite sure. We'll just have to wait and see and no, I did not think my BTB would ever get so be big.

McLovin

Reaction score
Anigma as an experienced booker, what is the differnence to today's BTBs on IWF and when you first started in the BTB Section?

Dave

Reaction score
It Is That I Understand You Are A Legendary Booker Here At Impact Wrestling Forums, What Advice Would You Give Someone New To The World Of BTB's?

comicgeekelly

Reaction score
In the past have two BTB's ever tried to do an crossover company vs. company storyline? I tried to do it once before on another forum and it just didn't work out. I was wondering if anyone here did it successfully.

Qwake

How do you think the BTB section will go with all these bookers leaving for a while?(Chessarmy, gards, CT Styles, and others)

What do you think of the BTB Power 8 this week?

And what you up to lol? hows it?

rosewt01

Reaction score
Website
www.123.co.uk
Favorite Wrestler
abyss
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
How come in your BTB you do not use much GFX?

JHar888

Reaction score
Could I possibly redeem myself from all the terrible BTB mistakes I have made and become a good booker that is dedicated to my BTB? In other words, if I made a BTB next week, and made it last till September or longer, could I no longer be known as the guy who bailed out on every single one of my partners? I mean yes, some did bail on me, but just because they thought I wasn't taking it seriously enough. Your thoughts please?

The Anigma

Reaction score
Alexmoss12

The difference in today’s BTB’s on IWF and when I first started in the BTB section is probably the amount of BTB’s we have. Back in the day, there were really only a few active BTB’s now it seems there’s a new BTB each day. Another difference I think that is between BTB’s now and then is longevity. In the past, BTB’s seemed to last a while like with MikeRaw’s, Switchy’s and Wrestling God’s but now all these new bookers here on IWF start BTB’s and then just quit them. I can understand quitting a BTB because you just don’t have the time to write but when people bitch about not receiving reviews and decide to quit just for that then I have a problem. Hell, my BTB only had like three reviews for my first show…lol…and look where it is now. Anyway, I think there’s a quite a few differences in BTB’s from then and now but the two major differences would be the amount of BTB’s we have now and the longevity of BTB’s.

Dave

There is tons of advice that I would give to someone new to the world of BTB’s. First, don’t give up. Don’t quit your BTB because no one is reviewing or not as many people are reviewing that are reading your BTB. It takes time to get reviews for your BTB especially nowadays because there are so many BTB’s in the section, it’s tough for people to recognize the good from the bad.

Second, you should try your best to whore your BTB. lol by whoring your BTB I mean to advertise it as much as you possibly can in order for people to want to check out your BTB. If you’re passionate about BTB and writing in general and it’s something you thoroughly enjoy then people will recognize that by the amount of work you put into trying to get your talents recognized. Some ways you can “whore” or advertise your BTB is to post in the Advertisement Thread, get a sig with a link to your BTB and also ask people to check out your BTB when you review your shows.
And last but not least, review other BTB’s. If you just post your shows and expect people to read them without you reading theirs well then you’re not going to get far with your BTB and you will NOT receive many if any reviews. However, if you review other shows and ask them to check out your show then you will more than likely get a return review from them.
There’s a lot more advice but it would probably take pages lol so that’s just the tip of the iceberg right now. Any specific questions about BTB, feel free to ask.

Comicgeekelly

I don’t recall any two BTB’s ever trying to do a crossover company vs. company storyline but myself and MikeRaw actually thought about doing it because he has a TNA BTB and I have a WWE BTB. We had a ton of ideas but then we decided to go against it because we didn’t think that the readers would connect the two shows together especially if some readers read my show and not his. It would probably not work out as best it could so we scrapped the idea. But bookers have had other wrestling companies invade their BTB’s which has had quite a lot of success and is enjoyable to the readers.

Sharkboy3:16

I think the BTB section will survive because with bookers leaving, there will be new bookers coming in and each time a booker(s) leave they always say they’ll return and they do so it’s really nothing that we should worry about. Every year around this time BTB in general seems to die down a bit, I don’t know why but bookers move on and new bookers step up and the section continues on. Time comes and goes as do people/bookers. If four veterans leave then seven new bookers come in. It’s just the way it works. We shouldn’t really stress about it since they ARE coming back eventually. Go outside, get drunk (if you’re of the age that is), fuck someone, masturbate. It doesn’t matter what you do, the time will pass and those same bookers will be back and it’ll be like they never left.

The BTB Power 8 this week looks pretty good. I think all the people who are up there deserve to be up there. But I do think that MK3 should start putting a summary of why each booker is where they are on the Power 10. I think it would make the Power 10 even better but that’s just my opinion.

I’m not up to anything right now, lol just answering these questions and listening to some music. It’s going great…lol…

Rosewt01

Hmm…well, I really don’t know why I don’t use much GFX. I guess I never felt the need to include much GFX because I’m more into having good writing instead of a good presentation of my show.

Jhar888

I think you can redeem yourself from all the terrible BTB mistakes you made and become a good booker that is dedicated to his BTB but it would take a long time for those of us who were here for each of your downfalls in BTB to actually believe it. If you did start a BTB next week and made it last till September or longer I think you will still be known as the guy who bailed out on every single on of his partners for the simple fact that from now to September is a relatively short-term. It’s only three months of a BTB, that’s not that long and you wouldn’t be considered “dedicated” to a BTB. I think if you created a BTB next week and had it last for a minimum of maybe…nine months? Then you may and I stress may be able to get the black cloud hovering above you in BTB to go away. I think you can, hell, anyone can redeem themselves in BTB for all the terrible mistakes they’ve made but some may take longer than others. You just happen to be one of the few who will take longer than others because all those times you abandoned your partners, you pretty much created a reputation for yourself of not being reliable and pretty much being an asshole for abandoning partners and shit. Bottom-line, if you make a BTB and it lasts for the better part of a year and you take it seriously (not too seriously though) then I think you will be able to redeem yourself. Again, you can, anyone can, but the question truly is if YOU will.