Ask Anigma

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Anigma

Reaction score
Dylanfsd- I think that WWE: Trio Brand Wars looks pretty good and it's a nice blend of writers. I hope it's a success and the first show looks to be pretty good. I'll be checking it out for sure.

The Leviathan

Reaction score
May I know when will you post your own Wrestlemania 24? You know that I really can't wait for it! :D

The Anigma

Reaction score
Leviathan- WrestleMania 24 was scheduled to be typed up and posted the same night as WrestleMania 24 but I decided that the time just wasn't right and postponed WrestleMania until April 27 which means there's still about three more Raw's before Mania and anything can happen between now and then. ;)

-TJ-

Well.... Your a pretty good writer are you? :) Yeah, you are answer this plz.

What in your mind is a good Promo? I'm in desperate need of advice for good promo writing. Like fan reaction, questions, wrestlers response, surprises, ect.....?

The Anigma

Reaction score
-TJ- In my mind, I good promo consists of everything you mentioned. It's best to describe how the crowd reacts to a superstar's statements and it's especially important that your character is in-character when he speaks. You can have a superstar in character by having him use his catch phrases and saying things he would normally say. It's tough to explain so here's an example a Triple H/John Cena segment on Raw post-WrestleMania 24:

Interviewer: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome The Game Triple H!

Triple H enters the interview area dressed in street clothes with a very serious expression on his face to cheers from the crowd.

Interviewer: Triple H, last night at WrestleMania 24 you were on the verge of becoming a twelve time champion but a punt kick to the head courtesy of Randy Orton abruptly stopped that from happening.

Triple H: You know last night at WrestleMania I thought that I had the match won. I pedigreed John Cena's ass in the middle of the ring and was this close to not only becoming a twelve time champion but also redeeming something that's been burning me up inside for two years but then Randy Orton came out of nowhere with a punt kick to the side of my face. You see Randy Orton took advantage of the situation at hand and to be honest I don't blame him. I mean it's not like he could beat John Cena cleanly but anyway the fact of the matter is this. I wasn't the one pinned at WrestleMania, John Cena was and that's why I'm demanding that I receive a rematch for the WWE Championship at Backlash and when I do face Orton for the WWE Championship I will be leaving the twelve time champion and Orton will be forced to bow down to the King of Kings.

Triple H walks off with a focused expression as we go to a commercial break.

---That's an example of how a promo should be done. Hope this helped you out a bit, dude.

Evil Austin

I have just in the last ten minutes brought WAW back, I had decided that after doing btb after btb after btb that didn't work out WAW was the only one that moved me up in the btb ranks and it really was doing unbelievably great. will you be checking it out as it is brought back ? also do you think this is a good idea ?

The Anigma

Reaction score
DX_3:16- I will probably be checking it out and I do think that it's a good idea but I just hope that you stick with this one BTB this time.

wwerko619

Reaction score
Im currently running NCW a great E-Fed, with awesome posters, do you see a future with the fed?

Also, everyone thinks I would be a better writter for a normal BTB, but lots say different....whats your thought?

The Anigma

Reaction score
wwerko619- I think that NCW is a great E-fed and I think that there's a possibility that I may have a future with the fed if I ever have the time to be active in it but with writing my weekly show for The Commencement, school, work and my life outside of BTB, it may be a bit difficult for me to participate immediately but I do see a time where I may be involved with NCW.

As far as your writing abilities, in my honest opinion, I think that you're a good writer with promos but your matches may need a bit of work at least length-wise. From what I've seen your matches appear to be fairly short but your promos are always on point. I enjoyed reading the April 3rd edition of NCW Thunder especially the promos. Your promos are your strong point, your matches would need to be extended just a bit and you may have to work on transitioning through the action in your matches. I think that you could be a pretty good BTB writer if you gave it a shot. I know that I would be checking it out.

McLovin

Reaction score
Do you think a BTB that was based as WWF: 1985 onwards would work?

-TJ-

-TJ- In my mind, I good promo consists of everything you mentioned. It's best to describe how the crowd reacts to a superstar's statements and it's especially important that your character is in-character when he speaks. You can have a superstar in character by having him use his catch phrases and saying things he would normally say. It's tough to explain so here's an example a Triple H/John Cena segment on Raw post-WrestleMania 24:

Interviewer: Ladies and gentlemen, please welcome The Game Triple H!

Triple H enters the interview area dressed in street clothes with a very serious expression on his face to cheers from the crowd.

Interviewer: Triple H, last night at WrestleMania 24 you were on the verge of becoming a twelve time champion but a punt kick to the head courtesy of Randy Orton abruptly stopped that from happening.

Triple H: You know last night at WrestleMania I thought that I had the match won. I pedigreed John Cena's ass in the middle of the ring and was this close to not only becoming a twelve time champion but also redeeming something that's been burning me up inside for two years but then Randy Orton came out of nowhere with a punt kick to the side of my face. You see Randy Orton took advantage of the situation at hand and to be honest I don't blame him. I mean it's not like he could beat John Cena cleanly but anyway the fact of the matter is this. I wasn't the one pinned at WrestleMania, John Cena was and that's why I'm demanding that I receive a rematch for the WWE Championship at Backlash and when I do face Orton for the WWE Championship I will be leaving the twelve time champion and Orton will be forced to bow down to the King of Kings.

Triple H walks off with a focused expression as we go to a commercial break.

---That's an example of how a promo should be done. Hope this helped you out a bit, dude.

Well you see, that where it gets me. People are always saying that my promos aren't in character. Based on WWE and TNA. See where I'm going? Character changes with a different company. Like for example......... let's say Edge is a major heel in WWE, he goes to TNA and becomes a major face with funny things to say. My question is........

How can I make my loyal veiwers understand the character change?

CT Styles

Well you see, that where it gets me. People are always saying that my promos aren't in character. Based on WWE and TNA. See where I'm going? Character changes with a different company. Like for example......... let's say Edge is a major heel in WWE, he goes to TNA and becomes a major face with funny things to say. My question is........

How can I make my loyal veiwers understand the character change?

Sorry to but-in but Possibly have him do a promo against a major heel and have the heel bag the 'Face' qualities of Edge for example..

Heel: Edge, who the hell do you think you are?! Walking around here with your little one-liners and acting likr the fans like you. Unlike you, I am here to wrestle and not run my mouth.

Edge: But they do love me.

Crowd Pop

Heel: Shut Up!

Edge: Actually could you? Take a mint then shut your mouth for a while to let it sink in! I'm nearly passing out here!

Maybe do that? Just a suggestion :)