• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
And because I thought these were funny:

LeBron should have stayed in Cleveland. He could have bought a ring from Terell Pryor!

It just dawned on me: Jordan never needed a Game 7. Apparently, neither does LeBron.

LeBron James is set to release his own line of headphones. The sound quality is amazing as it has no ring.

What does LeBron James have in common with a fabric store? Neither carries any hardware.

Today is National Lebron James Day, everyone gets to leave work 12 minutes early.

Just be careful when shipping the Miami Heat champs t-shirts to the poor in Guatemala. They could be a choking hazard.

I heard Lebron was going to tryout hockey because the NHL only has 3 periods.

...god...

Reaction score
You dumb fucking spic, you posted those in the wrong thread.

Anyways, fuck, I gotta check this match out.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Saw the match, fucking awesome brawl with a very stupid ending. Luke, you're terribly under rating this match, even with the incredibly stupid finish it's a 4 star brawl. I'm not going to argue the validity of what some are calling 4 star matches these days, but dumb finish be damned, that was fine fucking match.

Bubba is the fucking man. He's the best thing TNA has going right now, which doesn't say much, but he is a very competent worker with incredibly under rated mic skills.
Okay, so we can sit here and let people knock Taker vs. Triple H down to below **** because of the finish and not rip them, but AJ vs. Bubba with one of the most incredibly lame finishes ever, and we want to discuss something?

An elbow from 25 feet through a table can't keep you down for 10? Seriously? It should have kept both men down, word to Shane vs. Show. At the very least, AJ should have barely made it up by 10. Not only would an elbow from 25 feet keep you down for a 10-count easily, it doesn't have to leave Bubba unconscious... having the air knocked out of him from that would easily cripple him long enough to keep him down. Not only does the match not bury one of the biggest spots TNA has ever done, it doesn't do much for the feud to not have AJ win with said-spot. I'm happy they're trying to build Bubba and all... he deserves it, and this just made him look tougher than Terminator... but this feud could have used an AJ win from this match... even if you want Bubba to win the feud in the end... it just reeks of classic TNA failures imo. But even discarding what I think it did to the future of the feud, the ending of this match really DID hurt the overall product and story of the fight.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Okay, so we can sit here and let people knock Taker vs. Triple H down to below **** because of the finish and not rip them, but AJ vs. Bubba with one of the most incredibly lame finishes ever, and we want to discuss something?

lolwut

Reaction score

An elbow from 25 feet through a table can't keep you down for 10? Seriously? It should have kept both men down, word to Shane vs. Show. At the very least, AJ should have barely made it up by 10. Not only would an elbow from 25 feet keep you down for a 10-count easily, it doesn't have to leave Bubba unconscious... having the air knocked out of him from that would easily cripple him long enough to keep him down. Not only does the match not bury one of the biggest spots TNA has ever done, it doesn't do much for the feud to not have AJ win with said-spot. I'm happy they're trying to build Bubba and all... he deserves it, and this just made him look tougher than Terminator... but this feud could have used an AJ win from this match... even if you want Bubba to win the feud in the end... it just reeks of classic TNA failures imo. But even discarding what I think it did to the future of the feud, the ending of this match really DID hurt the overall product and story of the fight.

Huh? When did I ever knock Taker/Trips? Never. The ending was superb, it was suspenseful and perfectly correlated with the psychology of the match. Trips has beaten Taker severely but can't finish him, Taker, in his will to win at Mania, uses every last ounce of energy to force the far less exhausted Triple H into submission. It was excellent and it's the reason it's by far the runaway match of the year. I have it at 4 1/2 , easy. I'm talking about other matches. But this match was awesome, probably the best TNA match I've seen since the Joe/Daniels/AJ triple threat. Before the ending it was clocking in at 4 and a quad, and yah, the ending was dumb, but when you consider the 5 million hardcore matches that ruined the chair shot as a meaningful spot, a 25 foot elbow drop doesn't affect me as much. I drop it a 1/4, ****. And that's hard for a TNA match to do since the crowd adds nothing to the match 96% of the time.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
^I wasn't saying you knocked Trips/Taker, I'm saying most of you were nowhere to be found to discuss anything when certain people here DID knock Trips/Taker...

...I just think your biggest spot you've pulled off in TNA (minus Elix Skipper's hurricanrana off of the cage) should be used to achieve victory... not to mention AJ made it to his feet so HIS count wasn't broken, and he didn't get a full 10-count himself, and Bubba (who mounted offense) still had to beat the count. Not to mention during the match when the count was resumed during attacks - like the slap when Bubba was standing on the steps. That's not a knock to what Bubba an AJ pulled off on their own... but the refereeing and handling of the finish has to be performed a lot better than what it was. IDK, maybe it's not fair to knock the performance, but the match itself, as a product? TNA found a way to shit on everything yet again.

...god...

Reaction score
Luke's right, the count shoulda been reset if someone hits the other + AJ made it to his feet, that was dumb. It can be rectified if they acknowledge it on Impact and reverse the decision and make a rematch or something. And yeah, Bubba was sitting on him with the steps and the ref was counting (slap didn't matter much)? Wtf. But regardless, still a good match, the finish shouldn't degrade the whole match. Even in HHH/Taker's case, I'd still rate it the same. Also, pretty sure there's been much bigger spots at some of the Monster's Balls and Pope/Suicide (I think it was Daniels at this point?) had a pretty good no DQ match or some shit not too long ago.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
The Bubba/AJ match was pretty cool, especially for a brawl. They did some unique things, and that elbow was crazy. I actually thought the finish was in a very sly way brilliant. Totally disagree with Flywalker, AJ being pissed after being retired and getting up after such a hellacious move that would NOT in fact knock someone out, fit in great with the story (unlike the Taker/Trips finish. >_>), and not only that, it was completely out of nowhere and made it feel like the match was a shoot instead of the clichéd huge spot/finisher finish. I don't think it was a match of the year, but I dug it, especially the finish.

Somewhere in between 3-4 stars.

Reaction score
Ok, I just watched a match. A one on one ladder match to unify two titles. It was also the culmination of a lengthy rivalry. The match went for 40 minutes. I'm not exaggerating when I say this-this match is a very solid 4 and 3/4 stars. You could even go as far as to say it's a possible 5. It's my match of the year for 2011 so far (Yes, better than Taker-HHH). Now this wasn't your typical ladder match where all it is is people hitting each other with ladders, climbing the ladder and convoluted high spots that the wrestlers sell for all of 10 seconds. In this match the ladder was used very seldomly so when it was used it actually stood out. And even then in the first 15 minutes when the ladder was used it was more as a counter to something as opposed to an actual offensive move. And there were also very few attempts to climb up and grab the belts which showed how much these two knew each other and how they knew it would take more than a few moves to put them away. But even though there were very few actual spots involving the ladder this was still a very brutal match. There was brawling all around the ringside area, weapons were involved, they built to the spots they did and increased the level of the spots (I.E they didn't do some huge spot 5 minutes into the match and a less spectacular spot 20 minutes in). I mean yeah there were some minor botches but nothing that really brought the match to a grinding halt or stood out like a sore thumb as being an obvious botch. The selling was great as well. This wasn't like other ladder matches where someone will take some huge bump off the ladder and be just fine 20 seconds later. At the end of the match you could really tell these two individuals went through a war and left it all in the ring. Now by now I'm sure you're thinking "Wow a 40 minute ladder match and it's a match of the year candidate, I've gotta see this". And I haven't even gotten to the really amazing part. You wanna know the most amazing part? Are you sure? You might wanna sit down, clear your head, take a few deep breaths. Ok, ready?

Are you sure?

Ok. Here goes-

This was a women's match. I'll give you few minutes to let that sink in. Yes a WOMEN's match is worthy of a 4 and 3/4 star rating. The match in particular is Mercedez Martinez vs. Angel Orsini (who some may remember from the original ECW as the Prodigette) from Women Superstarts Uncensored-The Final Chapter which took place on January 22nd. I had heard many great things about this match and finally decided to check it out. And wow. They were right. First off like I said this is the culmination of a three year rivalry. And these two have fought in falls count anywhere matches, steel cage matches, bullrope matches, and an Ironwoman match that went 70 minutes. So this rivalry is very important to WSU and they treated the match as such. They gave it 40 minutes, the show itself was built around the match and it was the main event. Now if you're looking for one of those typical ladder matches where all it is is a spot fest with convoluted and over the top stops with no selling or psychology this isn't for you. But if you're looking for a match with psychology, storytelling, selling and intensity you need to see this match. Mercedez Martinez and Angel Orsini are on a completely different level compared to the lumps of sillicone and peroxide that inhabit TNA and WWE. Mercedes Martinez is probably the longest reigning champion that actually actively defends the belt on a regular basis. As of now she's held the belt for 2 years and 3 months and defended the title 40 times against the likes of Serena Deeb, Awesome Kong and Nikki Roxx to name a few. So yeah. Check it out.

Mercedez Martinez vs. Angel Orsini (Unification Ladder Match)-4 and 3/4 stars.

Hometown Kid

Reaction score
WSU is soooo low-rent normally though, and i'm not a Mercedes fan at all...but since you gave it your blessing, i'll give it a shot. It does sound pretty awesome after all. Hey CTG, did you check out the ladder match from SMASH on my list? I didn't think it was as great as your match, but it was pretty great, and (despite a silly blown spot) Lin is just <3 in it.

Reaction score
The only two complaints I have against the match is the commentators (fucking boring as sin) and that it took place at the ACE Arena (that crowd wouldn't have responded if they just stopped the match and started scissoring in the middle of the ring). I mean here's a match that is the culmination of a three year rivalry and the crowd was fucking dead.

Axis

Reaction score
women' can't wrestle.

1. Christian vs Randy Orton, Over the Limit
2. Christian vs Alberto Del Rio, Extreme Rules.
3. Idk. Maybe Triple H/Undertaker, AJ Styles/Bully Ray, or Smackdown Elimination Chamber.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
All those are my top 5 as well, just in a different order.

nation

Reaction score
How was Christian vs. Orton at CP?

Styles is one of the best workers not only in TNA but in the industry. Just a fact. Since 08, the guy has improved ten folds. He got a few great matches out of Hardy, who besides his feud with Styles, he hasn't really done shit. Pretty amazing to see such a nice brawl from Styles considering he doesn't do it much but obviously the guy can do everything and certainly Bubba can't be discredited.