2011 Match of the Year

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

sharkboy 3:16

Reaction score
Tbh I noticed alot of botches an stuff throughout the match but it didnt ruin the match or anything at all, the way the crowd was and how well the booking went down made this match, I wouldnt say this is a 5 star match but the booking and crowd would get 5 stars, was crazy and its the first time in soo long ive actually been interested too see what happens. Awesome match and it will be leading to more great matches and moments like this one.

Axis

Reaction score
1. Cena vs Punk, MITB
2. Christian vs Orton, SummerSlam
3. Christian vs Orton, Over the Limit
4. Cena vs Punk, SummerSlam
5. Christian vs Del Rio, Extreme Rules

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
I saw about the last 10 - 15 minutes of the Cena/Punk Summerslam match live, and I really havent heard anything about the match itself since. You guys this it holds a candle to their MITB encounter? Is it worth going and watching the match in its entirety? Or is it basically the same wrestling match they had at MITB just minus the crowd? I didnt think they could top their performance but did the wrestling match itself out do the Money in the Bank match?

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
It was pretty good, but it wasn't as good as MITB. Trips seemed a bit out of his element, which I think is more his role right now tbh... because he always seems a bit uncomfortable. The submission reversals were a good touch, a lot of the counters were good, tbh. I'd say watch it again... it was good, but MITB outdid it in a lot of ways, not just the crowd.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
1. Cena vs Punk, MITB
2. Christian vs Orton, SummerSlam
3. Christian vs Orton, Over the Limit
4. Cena vs Punk, SummerSlam
5. Christian vs Del Rio, Extreme Rules

Good list, but I'd sub out the Cena/Punk SS match for Davey/Eddie from Best In The World and Christian/Orton from SS for HHH/Taker from Mania.

Cena/Punk from SS I had at ***3/4. Very good match, but nothing close to their MITB match. Just didn't feel the same at all. Crowd was decent, but still meh. Action was alright, but again MITB was better. Finish was fucking stupid. And HHH was ref. Also didn't find Christian/Orton from SS to be on the level of their OTL match. It was still a very good hardcore match and probably the second best of their matches for me.

The_Shaman

Reaction score
TNA
MCMG Vs. Beer Money Inc. - I think it was Against all odds or Final Resolution
Jeff Jarrett Vs. Kurt Angle at lockdown and Slammiversary
Aj Vs. Daniels at Destination X
Bully Ray vs. Mr. Anderson at No Surrender

ROH
Davey Vs. Edwards
WGTT Vs. Briscoe Brothers Vs. MNE Vs. KOW
Davey Vs. Strong

WWE