+10 rep for anyone who successfully recommends me a movie.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

NM!

Jobber
Reaction score
The Raid - Easily one of the best action films this year. It takes place in an Asian country, can't remember which one, where a squad of cops raid a notorious apartment complex riddled with drug dealers, but soon find themselves trapped and looking for a way out.

Dredd - It is a remake of the Stallone Dredd, but it is much more loyal to the comics and is an extremely fun action movie. The plot is pretty similar to The Raid, but this one has a superhero/sci-fi element to it.

Cabin in the Woods - This was directed by Joss Whedon, director of The Avengers and creator of Buffy Vamp. Slayer, Dollhouse, Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog, and Firefly. I can't say much about it, as it really is a much better experience to go into this movie without knowing much about it. If you're into the 80's horror/slasher films, this will be a great watch. In my top 5 this past year.

Tucker and Dale vs Evil - This is a comedy that is based around the classic horror element of the "murderous rednecks in the woods" story. In this movie, the rednecks are actually fun loving and genuinely mean no harm, but still find themselves as the "villains" when teenagers accidentally get killed around them.

Paranorman - Easily the best animated film of 2012, Paranorman is about a kid named Norman who is outcasted by his town as a freak because he claims he can see and talk to ghosts. Despite being in a town similar to Salem where the history of witches is celebrated, Norman has a hard time fitting in. When an old witch's curse comes to light, Norman and his friends are the only chance to save the town from the Witch and her Zombies.

Looper - Starring Joseph Gordon Levitt and Bruce Willis, this sci-fi action flick centers around the criminal circles of the future. In the near future, people can take up a life of crime by becoming Loopers. In the far future, when people die, a sensor goes off that alerts authorities to pick up the bodies, so when mobs need to kill someone, they send them back in time to the 2070's to be killed by Loopers. The trouble comes when one of JGL's targets from the future gets away. Himself.

I'll probably post more later. I've been typing this on my phone since I'm away from a computer.

catlady

The People's Champion
Main Eventer
Reaction score
What ever movie you haven't seen that is a really great movie... I suggest that. :smug:
+10 rep please.

:eek:tunga:

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
Watched Once upon a time in mexico, and now onto The Bone Collector before bed. Go ahead, hate on it.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
^ Bone Collector and A Beautiful Mind are both great.
Thing he's seen A Beautiful Mind though. Not sure about Bone Collector.

Aids Johnson

The Beast
Champion
Reaction score
GrammarNazi82 said:
^ Bone Collector and A Beautiful Mind are both great.
Thing he's seen A Beautiful Mind though. Not sure about Bone Collector.

You know what he has viewed? Impressive.

How about GN does the dirty south uncensored, that one is quality AND it has the quantity.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Aids Johnson said:
You know what he has viewed? Impressive.

How about GN does the dirty south uncensored, that one is quality AND it has the quantity.

Talking about from earlier posts in this thread, noob. :nope:

Although you make a good point with that last sentence. :smug:

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
Con Air
Usual Suspects
Reservoir Dogs
Airplane
The Naked Gun
Breaking Bad, obviously not a movie but whatever, it might as well be.