+10 rep for anyone who successfully recommends me a movie.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Danielson said:
The old guy in up is so cute
353480597fd2c9050c71c455b58c18e0.jpg

Aww, he is! Bless his heart. The beginning of that movie is so depressing. lol

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
GrammarNazi82 said:
Aww, he is! Bless his heart. The beginning of that movie is so depressing. lol

I had to respond, since Crayo ignores awesome movies, from you.

Edit - I type like Christopher Walken speaks.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Danielson said:

lmao, nice. After reading your edit I got to re-read your response in Walken's voice. Love it.

Thanks for being kind enough to respond and not ignore me. :eek:tunga: I think they're awesome movies at least. lol

Ooh, Final Cut is also an intriguing movie.

I wouldn't mind giving some info if I knew which ones he hadn't seen. :p

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
GrammarNazi82 said:
lmao, nice. After reading your edit I got to re-read your response in Walken's voice. Love it.

Thanks for being kind enough to respond and not ignore me. :eek:tunga: I think they're awesome movies at least. lol

Ooh, Final Cut is also an intriguing movie.

I wouldn't mind giving some info if I knew which ones he hadn't seen. :p

I don't know many people that have seen final cut. I actually enjoyed the movie. The critics had a field day on it though.

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Danielson said:
I don't know many people that have seen final cut. I actually enjoyed the movie. The critics had a field day on it though.

Yeah, it's rare to find people who have seen it. I really liked it and thought it had a very interesting plot. I didn't realize the critics hated it. Fortunately I don't tend to pay much attention to them. lol Very cool, different movie.

Reactions: Danielson

GeeTeaIye

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Sleuth (2007) - awesome movie, with Micheal Caine and Jude Law, where Jude Law tries to rob Micheal Caine's house, but he finds him and somehow the whole thing turns around, and he starts playing mind games with him. Brilliant dialouge and acting.

Short review: Micheal Caine fucks around with Jude Law.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Danielson said:

I've got a fevah, and the only cure.....is more cowbell

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
GrammarNazi82 said:
Crayo -- How have you never seen The Crow?? For shame.

hmmmm, let's see.... no specific genre....

A Beautiful Mind
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
What Dreams May Come (already mentioned)
Seven
Twisted
Atonement
Taking Lives
One Hour Photo
The Departed

Then later I added the following:

- Despicable Me
- Up
- Final Cut

I can provide more info for any you haven't seen yet. :smug:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
A Beautiful Mind - Seen, amazing film.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - Not seen, give me some information on it :).
What Dreams May Come (already mentioned) - Same as above
Seven - " "
Twisted - " "
Atonement - " "
Taking Lives - " "
One Hour Photo - " "
The Departed - " "
Despicable Me - Seen, got bored and actually got lucky whilst watching this in the cinema.
Up - Seen recently, epic.
Final Cut - Need more info

GrammarNazi82

Lovable Kind of Filthy
Reaction score
Crayo said:
A Beautiful Mind - Seen, amazing film.
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - Not seen, give me some information on it :).
What Dreams May Come (already mentioned) - Same as above
Seven - " "
Twisted - " "
Atonement - " "
Taking Lives - " "
One Hour Photo - " "
The Departed - " "
Despicable Me - Seen, got bored and actually got lucky whilst watching this in the cinema.
Up - Seen recently, epic.
Final Cut - Need more info

:shock: Despicable Me is awesome and hilarious, ya weirdo. :pP

OK, here we go:

Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind: (Jim Carey and Kate Winslet; drama-type and some romance) -- A couple undergo a procedure to erase each other from their memories when their relationship turns sour, but it is only through the process of loss that they discover what they had to begin with.

What Dreams May Come: (Robin Williams and Cuba Gooding Jr.; another drama and some romance, intriguing plot -- like I feel about Eternal Sunshine) -- After dying in a car crash a widowed man searches the afterlife for his wife. But, to say more... Chris Neilson dies to find himself in a heaven more amazing than he could have ever dreamed of. There is one thing missing: his wife. After he dies, his wife, Annie killed herself and went to hell. Chris decides to risk eternity in hades for the small chance that he will be able to bring her back to heaven.

Seven: (actual title is Se7en -- Morgan Freeman, Brad Pitt and Kevin Spacey; crime, thriller and mystery genres) -- Two detectives, a rookie and a veteran, hunt a serial killer who uses the seven deadly sins as his modus operandi. A film about two homicide detectives' desperate hunt for a serial killer who justifies his crimes as absolution for the world's ignorance of the Seven Deadly Sins. The movie takes us from the tortured remains of one victim to the next as the sociopathic "John Doe" sermonizes to Detectives Sommerset and Mills -- one sin at a time.

Twisted: (Ashley Judd, Samuel Jackson and Andy Garcia) -- Jessica, whose father was a serial killer, is a female police officer. While investigating a murder, she finds herself in the center of her own investigation, when her former lovers start dying around her at a furious pace. (I thought it was a good movie, as long as you can stick with it.)

Atonement: (Kiera Knightley and James McAvoy) -- Fledgling writer Briony Tallis, as a 13-year-old, irrevocably changes the course of several lives when she accuses her older sister's lover of a crime he did not commit. Based on the British romance novel by Ian McEwan. (I'm wondering if this one may bore you in the beginning, but if you can stick with it I thought it was a great film. For me, the ending is really what made it.)

Taking Lives: (Angelina Jolie, Ethan Hawke and Kiefer Sutherland; mystery and thriller) -- An FBI profiler is called in by French Canadian police to catch a serial killer who takes on the identity of each new victim.

One Hour Photo: (Robin Williams and Connie Nielsen; thriller and drama) -- An employee of a one-hour photo lab becomes obsessed with a young suburban family. (That doesn't sound overly intriguing, so here's more info...) Middle aged Sy Parrish works as a technician at a one hour photo lab located in a SavMart store in a suburban mall. Sy is a lonely man, never having had any friends. He knows much about his customers through the photographs they have developed. But he knows more about the Yorkin family - specifically Nina Yorkin and her adolescent son Jake Yorkin, the two in the family who drop off and pick up the family's photofinishing - than anyone else, the family about who he is obsessed. Nina's husband, Will Yorkin, is incidental to his obsession since Sy has only seen him in photographs. Sy's obsession includes fantasizing about being their favorite "Uncle Sy". He has even been making an extra set of prints for himself of all of their photographs since Jake was a newborn. After an incident at work and after Sy finds out more about the family through a set of photographs, he decides to right the injustices he sees in the only way he knows how...

Final Cut: (Robin Williams; thriller and sci-fi) -- This one is just very intriguing, and I thought the plot was kind of unique and interesting. But basically.... Set in a world with memory implants, Robin Williams plays a cutter, someone with the power of final edit over people's recorded histories. His latest assignment is one that puts him in danger. And to say a little more: The story is set in a world where implanted microchips can record all moments of an individual's life. The chips are removed upon death so the images can be edited into something of a highlight reel for loved ones who want to remember the deceased. Caviezel portrays the leader of the organization that opposes this technology's development.

There ya go. :eek:tunga:

Reactions: Crayo

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Liked, epic post. Morgan Freeman + Brad Pitt film I haven't seen? Damn, I'l be seeing that first me thinks.

You haven't seen sev7en? Good Lord man, drop everything and watch it now! One of the best endings in cinema history.

Robbie Coletrain

Big Robbie
Reaction score
The Usual Suspects, now THERE is an ending for you, one of my favorite ever films.