Zeb Coulter signs Antonio Cesaro to his group

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I wasn't aware Swagger was having court issues, I must have missed that, but yeah that would certainly explain it.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Pretty sure its the marijuana possession he is dealing/has dealt with. (?)

Also, if Zeb wanted he could carry something similar to the Heenan Family(who had a great deal of talent, but managed them all very well). Most of the members wouldn't even have to interact with each other, outside of Survivor Series, and the odd multiman match(or not so odd when Teddy Long is able to find a mic), which ultimately would mean more Zeb on TV each week. The only drawback would be with having The Shield, Heyman's Clients, 3MB, & the emerging Wyatt Family, I think WWE has more than enough stables at this time.

punk13

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
therock2
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
lita2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Anyone Think This Is a Way To Turn Swagger?

Defiant

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
thewhyats
Favorite Wrestler
jericho
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
If Coulter is hypothetically supposed to be like Heenan where he spends years continuously pooling together and juggling young talent, he'd eventually have to drop the heavy USA gimmick. It limits the talent he can be compatible with and his relationship with Cesaro already looks foolish.

That said, I'm interested in how this goes. I have my doubts, but once (or if) it really gets going and they get angles and promo time, Zeb and Antonio will either have awesome chemistry together or none at all. Cesaro has shown me some charisma in the time he's been around, he's not really impressed me yet but then again he hasn't had a whole lot to work with. Aksana and a half-baked anti-America gimmick. Meanwhile, Zeb is supposed to be getting Swagger over and honestly he's been super beneficial to Jack so far, but without an ally competent enough on the mic for Zeb to mix it up and work with, it ironically feels like Zeb is the one anchored down by his current client.

So I'm indecisive on this one. On the one hand, this may be the break Cesaro needs and Zeb could very well be the crazy, left-field choice that brings the potential out of him, and Zeb's promo's could be a bit more fun. Then again, if this doesn't work out very well then what else do you do with Cesaro?

TheTimidPimp

Reaction score
I don't think the Cesaro/Coulter relationship is daft, there's enough of a link with the "I love America but don't like Americans" stuff Cesaro was doing before for it to make sense, and it's obvious that Coulter's directly contradicting what he was saying initially, but he's a heel so surely being a complete hypocrite and trying to justify it is an acceptable part of his character. It's not like they're not going to have thought it through and put him in that position by accident. I think it's got a lot of potential to be awesome.

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
They were building to this atleast a week in advance, when Zeb was on commentary for a Cesaro match.

"He is the definition of how you rightfully become an American, by going through the legal systems, and getting your papers"

Also, now they can feud with Del Rio, and be the faces!

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
If Coulter is hypothetically supposed to be like Heenan where he spends years continuously pooling together and juggling young talent, he'd eventually have to drop the heavy USA gimmick. It limits the talent he can be compatible with and his relationship with Cesaro already looks foolish.

That said, I'm interested in how this goes. I have my doubts, but once (or if) it really gets going and they get angles and promo time, Zeb and Antonio will either have awesome chemistry together or none at all. Cesaro has shown me some charisma in the time he's been around, he's not really impressed me yet but then again he hasn't had a whole lot to work with. Aksana and a half-baked anti-America gimmick. Meanwhile, Zeb is supposed to be getting Swagger over and honestly he's been super beneficial to Jack so far, but without an ally competent enough on the mic for Zeb to mix it up and work with, it ironically feels like Zeb is the one anchored down by his current client.

So I'm indecisive on this one. On the one hand, this may be the break Cesaro needs and Zeb could very well be the crazy, left-field choice that brings the potential out of him, and Zeb's promo's could be a bit more fun. Then again, if this doesn't work out very well then what else do you do with Cesaro?
Anything would be better than what they've been pulling with Cody Rhodes over the years, constantly repackaging and recycling him to the point he really doesn't have an identity anymore. That's probably the worst kind of hell for a professional wrestler.