Zeb Coulter signs Antonio Cesaro to his group

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
*SPOILERS*You know the drill. If you have yet to watch RAW then look away now *SPOILERS*

With Jack Swagger out with a hand injury, plus a court date next month, Zeb Coulter needed a new wrestler to manage. Tonight on RAW he added Antonio Cesaro to the "We The People" group. Slightly left field choice given that he wasn't born in the US, and boy didn't Michael Cole go on about it on commentary, but still he needed a heel and Cesaro wasn't in any storylines. Cesaro had a long reign as US Champion but was barely used by the company whilst champion. He rarely had an actual feud during that reign and was just an after thought. With his five languages gimmick he got some heel heat but presumably he will gain a fair bit more with this alignment. Cesaro is pretty competent on the mic so he doesn't really need a mouthpiece but Coulter will be a heat magnet for him. The question is whether he can receive the same boost that Swagger did under the management of Coulter. Hopefully this move can first of all get Cesaro back on tv each week and possibly even lead to another push for him.

Thoughts on Cesaro being managed by Coulter? Do you think that this will actually lead to a push for him? When Swagger returns will Coulter manage both guys?

ThatGuyFromNukemHigh

Reaction score
Re: *RAW SPOILERS* Zeb Coulter Signs New Client

Maybe this, Zeb Coulter, is exactly what Cesaro needed this whole time. I cant get enough of Cesaro in the ring, his style, his look, its all so great. Then he picks up a mic and reminds me of Lance Storm.

Coulter has quickly become one of my favorite managers, and I wasn't a fan of his while he was managing Justin Hawk. I was enjoying Abraham Washington because of the controversial statements he would make, but apparently if its about racism, WWE can get away with it.

Nate

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
homicide
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose

Interesting. Last time WWE called someone boring (Lance Storm) they had him do a dancing gimmick, so I'm honestly open to Antonio being part of the "We the People" group. But of course I'll wait patiently until Swagger comes back.

Killz

Reaction score

I don't even mind Cesaro on the mic, that's the funny thing about it all. In my mind he's like Randy Orton, the total package but, much like Orton, people hear someone talking in a serious manner and they switch off (but eyeballs hit the screen when Cena says poopy) and then the same superstar is given a stupid gimmick to use like yodelling and everyone cries that it's too stupid.

If Zeb is what Cesaro needs to get a sustained push and to be in a relevent position on TV each week then so be it, I will be happy if it works out for him.

Luke Flywalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
paige
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2

Love this pairing. Absolutely hated the way Cole took a giant dump on the entire Cesaro segment. Way to completely undersell it and appear unbiased like you're doing your journalistic work. Zeb made it clear on Smackdown that he respected Cesaro doing everything THE RIGHT WAY and coming here legally and wanting to make something of himself and contribute knowledge and class to this despicable country... that's everything Zeb stands for and it's everything he argued AGAINST for Del Rio/Sin Cara. So why Cole called him a hypocrite made no damn sense at all.

Cesaro needs to be on TV to perform. He needs to perform to prove to the company he can hang. He needs to hang to be one of the top guys. This is his opportunity and it's a great opportunity.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

While it is a good move and definitely what Cesaro needs, I just think Cesaro needed to be off of TV for a couple of months until they actually knew for sure where they were going with him, because I kind of feel disinterested about this move because for christ knows how many weeks now Cesaro has been coming out with different tweaks to his gimmick that it's almost at the point of me not caring.

Have him off of TV for a few months so we've forgotten about him, sort out his constant attire changes and character changes, get everything together and then bring him back to the forefront.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Desperation move if you ask me. I don't really see much hope for Cesaro at this point. The guy had a good shot, was subsequently reduced to yodeling and hasn't been of anyone's interest since, except of course for the die hard indie fans that cry and bitch and moan about his potential going to waste. But the fact of the matter is, he hasn't even made a dent in the WWE since debuting and even Jack Swagger still struggles next to someone like Colter. And now even Swagger will lose footing and ground because Colter doesn't even cater to him exclusively. This tells me that WWE has already acknowledged that Swagger's resurgence is mostly attributed to Colter and they're trying to spread the wealth by involving another floundering talent like Cesaro into the mix.

It's not going to work and it's obvious because Cesaro's involvement automatically nullifies the "FUCK YEAH AMERICA" gimmick that Colter and Swagger had going for them. Instead of being viewed with at least a modicum of credibility, most WWE fans will just view all 3 of them as hypocrites, and it didn't help either that even the commentators last night were throwing that word around. This basically makes them a joke and jokes never get over as serious contenders. They've basically put all their rats onto one sinking ship.

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki

Two of my current favorite characters in WWE right now. I'll never get tired of listening to Zeb run his mouth and I'll never get tired of watchin' Cesaro in the ring. Amazing choice if I must say so myself. I wouldn't mind if Cesaro teamed with Swagger either when he comes back.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
I like Cesaro but as is the case with all ROH guys he's had his personality sucked right of him by that shitty little indy fed.

Hopefully they don't ditch Swagger though, he's only just recovered from his most recent burial and we don't need another 3MB type stable of jobbers. Cesaro def. needed a mouthpiece as he's boring as fuck to listen to, sort that out and he can be anything. He's great to watch in the ring.

CaptainxBumout

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Wrestler
fandango
I always thought Cesaro needed a mouthpiece at least until he got some good heat. I was hoping he would be the next Paul Heyman guy over Axel because Axel just bores me. Anyway this is a good move and I hope it actually leads to something good for him instead of beating Sin Cara one week and them jobbing to Sheamus and Orton the next.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I like Cesaro but as is the case with all ROH guys he's had his personality sucked right of him by that shitty little indy fed.

Hopefully they don't ditch Swagger though, he's only just recovered from his most recent burial and we don't need another 3MB type stable of jobbers. Cesaro def. needed a mouthpiece as he's boring as fuck to listen to, sort that out and he can be anything. He's great to watch in the ring.

I doubt that they would ditch Swagger. If they still kept him in the WM mainevent after his arrest they aren't going to drop him from this gimmick and replace him with a guy. They would have made this change to give Colter something to do whilst Swagger is out and to maintain the heat until his return. Plus it allows them to try to push Cesaro again and see how he goes with a mouthpiece. It is good to see a manager managing multiple wrestlers as well, may as well get your money's worth out of them rather than having them exclusive for one guy. Gives them more options when Swagger returns as well as they can team up occassionally.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus

Desperation move if you ask me. I don't really see much hope for Cesaro at this point. The guy had a good shot, was subsequently reduced to yodeling and hasn't been of anyone's interest since, except of course for the die hard indie fans that cry and bitch and moan about his potential going to waste. But the fact of the matter is, he hasn't even made a dent in the WWE since debuting and even Jack Swagger still struggles next to someone like Colter. And now even Swagger will lose footing and ground because Colter doesn't even cater to him exclusively. This tells me that WWE has already acknowledged that Swagger's resurgence is mostly attributed to Colter and they're trying to spread the wealth by involving another floundering talent like Cesaro into the mix.

It's not going to work and it's obvious because Cesaro's involvement automatically nullifies the "FUCK YEAH AMERICA" gimmick that Colter and Swagger had going for them. Instead of being viewed with at least a modicum of credibility, most WWE fans will just view all 3 of them as hypocrites, and it didn't help either that even the commentators last night were throwing that word around. This basically makes them a joke and jokes never get over as serious contenders. They've basically put all their rats onto one sinking ship.
Could wwe to with Zeb and Swag converting non-Americans into koolaid drinkers? I mean it would give Ceasaro, Sin Cara, Natalya, and Wade something character and credibility wise if Zeb brainwashed them to turn their backs on their countries and become part of we the people

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo

Could wwe to with Zeb and Swag converting non-Americans into koolaid drinkers? I mean it would give Ceasaro, Sin Cara, Natalya, and Wade something character and credibility wise if Zeb brainwashed them to turn their backs on their countries and become part of we the people

It might work for an angle, I'm just not sure how much that would help build anyone but Colter. Colter is not the one WWE wants to get over and establish, it's the people he manages. And the more people he has to do that with, the less effective at it he's going to be.

And I really don't know why WWE just STOPPED completely with Swagger and the momentum he was regaining. After Wrestlemania he looked primed for another title run. Seems like ancient history now.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Because of his court issues. He's still in court isn't he? I mean logically he would have been punished had he not been number one contender heading into mania. Mania was bigger than punishing him. I think he misses the SummerSlam pay to be taught a lesson but gets some time later.

I think Zeb has the ability to be the new Sinister Minister. He can get so much hate that his clients just it trickled on to them

Last edited: