WWE WrestleMania 31 Preview + Live Discussion: March 29, 2015

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Who cares if he wasn't there? Did his matches feel more important when he was there and when he defended? He is the most important person in WWE right now and it should be bea treat to see him and to face him.

Facing Brock for the title should be something that is hard to attain mot something anyone can get and honestly I feel the WHC is now the best title in any company right now because it is not being bastardized everywhere and being everywhere and feel like it is important to the company now.

Being defended at every ppv doesn't make it bastardized. He doesn't have to defend it at live events but once every three months is a bit ridiculous.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Being defended at every ppv doesn't make it bastardized. He doesn't have to defend it at live events but once every three months is a bit ridiculous.
You didn't answer my question like always.

DOES HIS MATCHES FEEL MORE IMPORTANT FOR THE TITLE AND SEEM TO MAKE THE TITLE MORE VALUABLE?

Oh and since Brock has the title and he wins with the title doesn't it feel like he is a bit more unstoppable?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
[MENTION=51]Anaconda Vice[/MENTION] at least Hogan made constant appearances.

Lol, no he didn't. You could go months without seeing him appear on Superstars. Sure you'd get a pre-taped promo every now and then but that was it unless you caught him at a local house show. Watch some of the old school episodes of Prime Time or TNT and you'll notice some of those don't feature him at all. Brock's absence is exactly the same so you totally fail with that argument.

Think about this...in 1987 you got to see Hogan in the build to 'Mania, 'Mania itself and a few SNME and Superstars appearances before Survivor Series, where he didn't even defend the belt. How is that any different than what Brock is doing now? Hell, you could argue Brock is actually defending the title MORE than Hogan did. :lol:
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Fuji do you ever feel like you are talking to a wall sometimes, because I do?

And people could not wait for a Hogan Match and that title was one of the most prestigious title in all of wrestling back then.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
You didn't answer my question like always.

DOES HIS MATCHES FEEL MORE IMPORTANT FOR THE TITLE AND SEEM TO MAKE THE TITLE MORE VALUABLE?

Oh and since Brock has the title and he wins with the title doesn't it feel like he is a bit more unstoppable?

Well that's debatable. Some may argue defending it occasionally makes it seem important while others would say it devalues it. I think we know which side of the fence we both lay on.

Oh and you feel like you're talking to a wall. You think I don't feel the same? All this constant crying and bitching about how your beloved Daniel Bryan didn't get the shot this year and the undeserving Roman Reigns did. Get over it. After the match is over then you can pass judgement.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
If Randy Orton had have gotten the Title shot he god damn still has this wouldn't even be a debate.

In all seriousness, I enjoy the special attraction feel that the World Title has to it. One of the biggest bonuses of Lesnar rarely showing up as it has given a chance to others to step up and play a more prominent role in the show. Rollins is someone who has massively benefited from this as he has became the biggest heel in the company and in recent months was the only thing keeping Raw watchable.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Well that's debatable. Some may argue defending it occasionally makes it seem important while others would say it devalues it. I think we know which side of the fence we both lay on.

Oh and you feel like you're talking to a wall. You think I don't feel the same? All this constant crying and bitching about how your beloved Daniel Bryan didn't get the shot this year and the undeserving Roman Reigns did. Get over it. After the match is over then you can pass judgement.
Well first of all you say some and you are the ONLY one arguing for it.

Secondly while I think DB would still be the better and best choice to face Lesnar I don't think I have come out saying crap about the match. I like Reigns and think he will be fine I just can't see him with the belt

Drew

Reaction score
Fuji do you ever feel like you are talking to a wall sometimes, because I do?

And people could not wait for a Hogan Match and that title was one of the most prestigious title in all of wrestling back then.

Not just you guys.

Yall have hit the nail on the head. Some people are just difficult.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Well first of all you say some and you are the ONLY one arguing for it.

Secondly while I think DB would still be the better and best choice to face Lesnar I don't think I have come out saying crap about the match. I like Reigns and think he will be fine I just can't see him with the belt

i meant some as a general term not just us wrestlingpunks.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Hideo Itami has qualified for the Andre The Giant Battle Royal.

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Even though the card isn't too amazing, I am still massively pumped for the show. I am glad that I can be part of the LD too with all you great people.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Honestly, I don't think the card is any worse than last years. If anything it's slightly better. Especially now the battle royal is on the pre-show, because those 7 matches over a 4 hour show should be relatively well paced.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Alright, instead of complaining about tomorrow's show like I did in this weeks Raw thread, here's some positive thoughts...

IC Ladder Match - As much as I hate ladder matches, this one does FEEL a little more important than some in the past. Plus, its a nice nod to the legacy of the IC belt, having spawned the first PPV ladder match way back at WM X. Interested to see how Ziggler and Bryan try to steal the show and I'll be happy if anyone other than R-Truth wins the belt. Pulling for Bryan though.

Wyatt vs. Undertaker - Still not sold on this match at all but it'll be interesting to see what Undertaker can bring. This is easily Wyatt's biggest match to date so it'll also be interesting to see what sort of approach he takes towards it.

Cena vs. Rusev - The match itself should be good to great and I'll cling to the tiny hope that they're going to put Rusev over. If not, Cena's victory should result in a pretty big pro-USA pop, so that could be fun as well. Just hope they have something immediate for Rusev if he's dropping the title tomorrow night.

Sting vs. Triple H - It'll be a spectacle and I'm intrigued to see HHH's Terminator-themed entrance that they hyped earlier this week. Also pretty interested to see how well Sting can go in the ring at this point.

Diva's - There's boobs involved so I'm good with it.

Orton vs. Rollins - Easy MOTN potential and should be just a solid affair all around from two excellent workers.

Lesnar vs. Reigns - There's a lot of trainwreck potential here, simply from a fan reaction standpoint. I can't imagine how loudly Reigns is going to be booed if he walks out of there as the champ. Part of me is starting to think there may be some sort of double turn where Heyman ditches Brock and aligns with Reigns, helping him win the title and proclaiming him the future of the business. That wouldn't be the worst thing if that's the route they want to go, and let's face it, people want to to cheer Brock so why not turn him now and reap the rewards?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
had a bit of the flu the last few days chaps, so if I'm not around for tonight that's why. But I've bought booze & snacks with being here in mind.

In other news, got the WM bet in. Accumulator on Rollins, Reign, Sting & Taker all to win.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
had a bit of the flu the last few days chaps, so if I'm not around for tonight that's why. But I've bought booze & snacks with being here in mind.

In other news, got the WM bet in. Accumulator on Rollins, Reign, Sting & Taker all to win.
Dude you are the man LB. I hope you feel better soon.