WWE WrestleMania 31 Preview + Live Discussion: March 29, 2015

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lover Boy

Certified
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Don't forget that was at the beginning of Reigns' singles run. Orton helped him out but he still did a fair amount. And wow congratulations for Bryan outshining him, Bryan has only had like 10 years in the Indy circuit to hone his skills. The fact that reigns did well shows he's got what it takes. Maybe you'll prove me wrong at WrestleMania but I don't think so.
So why isn't the best wrestler in WWE in the Main Event of Wrestlemania? Why is a guy who clearly isn't ready in the Main Event?

Wrestlemania is a showcase of the immortals, it should be the best wrestler vs the best wrestler, that's what the World Championship should be all about. I am not even a massive Bryan fan like some people but he should be there instead of Reigns.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Okay, where did we leave off...

Reigns is still very popular and Bryan looks like a IC title contender, Austin didn't. I don't know what any of you have been watching but Reigns gets huge pops. If you think people aren't gonna watch WrestleMania just because Reigns is in the main event you're wrong.

"Bryan look like an IC title contender"

Jesus fucking christ Sabs, it's 2015 not 1992.

WWE is a business, and as business they'd like to have more than ONE money maker in their company. Everyone complains that John Cena was the only guy WWE put time into, and now when Daniel Bryan is the top guy it's like we're done now, don't need anymore draws. We're good with the one. No, that's asinine. Daniel Bryan can draw money for WWE as the Intercontinental Champion, not only that, but you forget Brock Lesnar is the key draw here, not Reigns. Reigns is the challenger. The main event is riding on Brock Lesnar drawing the money. Following Reigns presumed defeat of said Brock Lesnar, the hope is Reigns can possibility become the next top draw for WWE. If WWE thought the only person who could draw money was Daniel Bryan, he WOULD be in the main event. But how about we see how Roman Reigns does against Brock Lesnar before we count him out.

Also, it's not like Triple H or the Rock didn't get WrestleMania main events during the Atttitude Era. 1998 would be XXX where Daniel Bryan did main event, your analogy would be equivalent to Austin not main eventing XV, and I honestly feel it would be perfectly acceptable had Rock main evented that against Foley or anyone else really.

You know what? I agree. WWE does need more than one money maker, the star power on the roster is definitely lacking right now. And the decade of domination by Cena hasn't helped keep things fresh.

HOWEVER

If not Bryan, then why not a Dean Ambrose or Dolph Ziggler? Two guys whose reactions have been far more consistent than Reigns, and are far more ready in ring than Reigns is. I'm not a Reigns hater honestly, but I pointed out long before this singles push even began that he wasn't ready to strike out on his own.

And not to sound like a dick, but I can't take this "draw as an IC title" talk seriously until WWE actually start booking the title properly. All that winning the IC title will do for DB is, based on recent history, see him fall into a never ending pattern of non title losses followed up by a PPV win, rinse and repeat.

Drew

Reaction score
This is ridiculous. Because Bryan had a WM money last year he's not allowed to have one this year?!?

Since when did possibly having 2 great runs at WM become "headlining WM every year?!?"

The WWE missed the mark this year and painfully so.

Only people who don't understand the common fan(where the money comes from, not people like us) think what they're doing is smart.

The only way this works out is If Bryan wins the IC title and they let Brock retain the WWE Title.

Hell Id like to see Rusev keep his steak and title too, since that in itself will not only get Rusev massively over, but also increase the profile of the US title at the same time.

Hell a loss and Rusev chasing Cena to get it back is basically going to make Rusev into a de facto Face, maybe even a Baby Face with the way the fans react.

If Reigns wins the title(and Rollins doesn't cash in, and Cena and someone other than Bryan wins the IC title it'll be a disaster IMO.

I think Rollins can have a nice run as a Heel Champ. reigns needs help(dude can not carry matches, he can only help and be carried as the Fastlane match proved).

Don't know how Sabre keeps saying Reigns can do anything hit home his own in a match with another good worker.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Look. Sabs just be quiet.

IF they book both the IC and US title with relevance again and if Brock stays and retains and they continue to give him the Hogan Reign of defending every other month then this is a good thing.
I don't see Roman being the next big thing at all. He is good but he will be a Kane or Big Show type guy which isn't a bad thing.
Rollins or Ambrose will be great and they have some great guys down on NXT that will be great and can carry the load as well.

Bryan does not look like an IC champ he looks like a champ. Sabs looks like a chump.

A few guys that can draw will help significantly so they can continue to have bigger and better feuds and I love how they are using Cena to build Rusev up as well as long as Rusev comes out great in this feud the better for him.

Drew

Reaction score
Good post. Reigns as Kane/Big Show comparisons are on spot.

Hell have some title reigns and some good runs...but he won't be Cena or the Rock.

Ambrose, I've been saying this for a while, is a damn Stone Cold starter kit.

Rollins is the best Heel in the company and could continue to be so for years until a face turn.

The series of matches he could have with Bryan, and Ambrose, and Dolph and other could be some great wrestling matches.

And I know Rusev probably loses to Cena, but he'll come out looking better than Wyatt Did IMO, and hell slowly become a Face I'm betting.

And if he retains and beats Cena at WM? Wow...sky's the limit for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Look. Sabs just be quiet.

IF they book both the IC and US title with relevance again and if Brock stays and retains and they continue to give him the Hogan Reign of defending every other month then this is a good thing.
I don't see Roman being the next big thing at all. He is good but he will be a Kane or Big Show type guy which isn't a bad thing.
Rollins or Ambrose will be great and they have some great guys down on NXT that will be great and can carry the load as well.

Bryan does not look like an IC champ he looks like a champ. Sabs looks like a chump.

A few guys that can draw will help significantly so they can continue to have bigger and better feuds and I love how they are using Cena to build Rusev up as well as long as Rusev comes out great in this feud the better for him.

Yeah make the wwe world heavyweight champion a special attraction. Genius.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Yeah make the wwe world heavyweight champion a special attraction. Genius.
It should be an attraction something that only a few should have not many.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Honestly, the Lesnar special attraction thing has really worked well in making me anticipate every title match. I'd like more of that AND the bonus of having the IC/US Titles gain more prominence is hard to pass up..IF they actually do it.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It should be an attraction something that only a few should have not many.

No it should be defended every month. Making it every three months is a bad representation of the company. Disappearing without a trace for 3 months is insane.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
No it should be defended every month. Making it every three months is a bad representation of the company. Disappearing without a trace for 3 months is insane.
Obviously you don't understand.

Title is featured but not something that is on every PPV. This makes the title something special when you win it.

Having the IC and US titles defended every month and a feature also makes those title more important since they have just been a belt that holds up a pair of pants.

If Brock keeps the title which I hope he does. He can defend it again in June or July and make a couple of appearances between to show it is important. Would it not help someone like Reigns, Rollins, brose, or Bryan if they beat Brock in July or June and makes the title that much more important. Oh wait you think it should change hands every other week

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
So you're basically saying Hogan's entire run during the 80's was a bad representation of the company?

Alright then, good luck with that.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Obviously you don't understand.

Title is featured but not something that is on every PPV. This makes the title something special when you win it.

Having the IC and US titles defended every month and a feature also makes those title more important since they have just been a belt that holds up a pair of pants.

If Brock keeps the title which I hope he does. He can defend it again in June or July and make a couple of appearances between to show it is important. Would it not help someone like Reigns, Rollins, brose, or Bryan if they beat Brock in July or June and makes the title that much more important. Oh wait you think it should change hands every other week

From October to January, Brock did not make a single appearance and was hardly mentioned. It shouldn't change hands every week just be defended every month.

[MENTION=51]Anaconda Vice[/MENTION] at least Hogan made constant appearances.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
From October to January, Brock did not make a single appearance and was hardly mentioned. It shouldn't change hands every week just be defended every month.

[MENTION=51]Anaconda Vice[/MENTION] at least Hogan made constant appearances.
Who cares if he wasn't there? Did his matches feel more important when he was there and when he defended? He is the most important person in WWE right now and it should be bea treat to see him and to face him.

Facing Brock for the title should be something that is hard to attain mot something anyone can get and honestly I feel the WHC is now the best title in any company right now because it is not being bastardized everywhere and being everywhere and feel like it is important to the company now.