WWE WrestleMania 29 Preview & Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
20-PUNK! Nuff said!

The Viper

Reaction score
Jericho/Fandango and Orton/Sheamus/Show vs The Shield added to the OP.

Really looking forward to how they execute Jericho vs Fandango.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Jericho/Fandango and Orton/Sheamus/Show vs The Shield added to the OP.

Really looking forward to how they execute Jericho vs Fandango.

Who'd have thought Johnny Curtis would make the WM card facing Chris Jericho 6 months ago?

Disappointed it's looking more and more likely Cesaro isn't making the card though.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
I've been seeing a lot of Fandango hate as of late on the social media networks. I feel like I am the only one willing to give the guy a chance. I do believe that Cesaro and Barrett deserve spots on the show, but it's starting to look like that might not happen at all. Tbh, I'm a bit disappointed in the built for Punk/Taker, as I feel they're not setting Punk up to look like a believable victor over Taker.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I've been seeing a lot of Fandango hate as of late on the social media networks. I feel like I am the only one willing to give the guy a chance. I do believe that Cesaro and Barrett deserve spots on the show, but it's starting to look like that might not happen at all. Tbh, I'm a bit disappointed in the built for Punk/Taker, as I feel they're not setting Punk up to look like a believable victor over Taker.

I have not seen anything that suggests that Fandango will be decent. I have seen a leg drop and that is all. I am sure and know he worked matches elsewhere but I have not seen them.

If punk is to beat Taker they are building this up like no one will believe he will beat him which would be pretty decent booking on their part because no one will see the victory coming and assume that Taker will win again.

The Viper

Reaction score
Who'd have thought Johnny Curtis would make the WM card facing Chris Jericho 6 months ago?

Now that you bring that up, it really is incredible. He wins NXT season 4. Has a promised, guaranteed tag title shot with his "pro", R-Truth. Never gets it because Truth turns heel right after. Then we don't see Curtis for a while. Then has these odd and subliminal, yet, entertaining backstage segments. Then he disappears. Now he's on the Wrestlemania card after a couple of months of hype. Wonderful. Was always a fan of Curtis' and I'm LOVING Fandango.

He's fairly unique. His gripe with everyone is pretty simple. He wants people to pronounce his name correctly (or the way he wants them to pronounce it). I love it.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

What are you talking about? I'm certainly willing to give Fandango a chance.

BTW, Debuting against Y2J at WrestleMania is a fucking enormous rub. They must have big things panned for him

The Viper

Reaction score
What are you talking about? I'm certainly willing to give Fandango a chance.

BTW, Debuting against Y2J at WrestleMania is a fucking enormous rub. They must have big things panned for him

TBH, the majority of the internet is not very fond of Fandango so he has a point.

But this is a big rub for Fandango. I really wanna see what type of response he gets from the smark crowd of NY/NJ at a Wrestlemania.

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
TBH, the majority of the internet is not very fond of Fandango so he has a point.

But this is a big rub for Fandango. I really wanna see what type of response he gets from the smark crowd of NY/NJ at a Wrestlemania.

Exactly, and I find it amusing that the crowd was chanting "you can't wrestle" to him when they haven't even seen him in the ring yet on Raw or Smackdown.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Exactly, and I find it amusing that the crowd was chanting "you can't wrestle" to him when they haven't even seen him in the ring yet on Raw or Smackdown.
That's entirely the point. He keeps blowing off his matches and it's getting boring.

I don't have an issue with Johnny Curtis, I just can't stand this Fandango gimmick. Just reminds me of this Brodus Clay mess all over again.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I think ur dead wrong brando

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I think ur dead wrong brando
Wrong about what? I didn't state I thought it wasn't getting over or that he might not make it work, just that I don't like it.

The Viper

Reaction score
Wrong about what? I didn't state I thought it wasn't getting over or that he might not make it work, just that I don't like it.

I think he disagrees with your comparison of Fandango and Brodus Clay.

Which, TBH, I do too. Since, you and I are a couple of the only ones that hate Brodus, I find it a little insulting for Fandango to be compared to that fucker. But that's just because I love Fandango.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I think he disagrees with your comparison of Fandango and Brodus Clay.

Which, TBH, I do too. Since, you and I are a couple of the only ones that hate Brodus, I find it a little insulting for Fandango to be compared to that fucker. But that's just because I love Fandango.
What is it you disagree with? They're both straddled with unrealistic caricature dancer gimmicks. And what kind of name is "FAN-DAN-GO!?"

Cyrus Riddle

Reaction score
Miz vs. Barrett was just added to the WM card...OP needs updated now.