WWE WrestleMania 29 Preview & Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Viper

Reaction score
What is it you disagree with? They're both straddled with unrealistic caricature dancer gimmicks. And what kind of name is "FAN-DAN-GO!?"

FAAANNNNDAAAANNNGOOOOO is a fabulous name.

Actually, it's a little odd but I'm sure I'll get used to it with time.

But either way, Fandango's dancing >>>>>> Brodus Clay's "dancing"

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
FAAANNNNDAAAANNNGOOOOO is a fabulous name.

Actually, it's a little odd but I'm sure I'll get used to it with time.

But either way, Fandango's dancing >>>>>> Brodus Clay's "dancing"
I'm sure it's meant to rhyme with Tango. Lame.

His dancing may be "better" but I don't care for a wrestler who dances. Was never a fan of Too Cool and Rikishi either.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
That's entirely the point. He keeps blowing off his matches and it's getting boring.

I don't have an issue with Johnny Curtis, I just can't stand this Fandango gimmick. Just reminds me of this Brodus Clay mess all over again.

Why do you hate dancing gimmicks? The difference is, Curtis is actually looks like he could be a dancer because he's skinny and in shape. Brodus' is ridiculous because he's 400 pounds.

His dancing may be "better" but I don't care for a wrestler who dances. Was never a fan of Too Cool and Rikishi either.

It's not supposed to rhyme, it's an actual dancing term, it means like a suave dancer or something like that.

[MENTION=72]Cyrus Riddle[/MENTION] they chant "you can't wrestle" because they're just being smarks.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Disco or Alex Wright?

The Viper

Reaction score

I kind of don't, either. His dancing doesn't interest me. His character does and his "motive". I just really like that he hates everybody because they (we) don't know how to pronounce his name correctly. I personally love that. And I thought he was pretty vicious attacking Jericho.

It's like he can do his dancing gimmick and people wouldn't take him seriously, then goes and beats the shit out of Jericho. I like it.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Why do you hate dancing gimmicks? The difference is, Curtis is actually looks like he could be a dancer because he's skinny and in shape. Brodus' is ridiculous because he's 400 pounds.

Because I'm not watching Dancing with the Stars. Awesome, so let him be a dancer and stay away from the ring.

It's not supposed to rhyme, it's an actual dancing term, it means like a suave dancer or something like that.

[MENTION=72]Cyrus Riddle[/MENTION] they chant "you can't wrestle" because they're just being smarks.
Even more of a reason why it's lame.

That and he continues to refuse to wrestle.

Disco or Alex Wright?
Disco is alright. I especially liked when he was Scott's gofer. Alex I only liked when he was Berlyn.

I kind of don't, either. His dancing doesn't interest me. His character does and his "motive". I just really like that he hates everybody because they (we) don't know how to pronounce his name correctly. I personally love that. And I thought he was pretty vicious attacking Jericho.

It's like he can do his dancing gimmick and people wouldn't take him seriously, then goes and beats the shit out of Jericho. I like it.
I think he should be less interested in how people say his name and more invested in wrestling.

Also loose those pants. TBH it mainly irritates me because I actually liked Johnny Curtis' last character.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
WWE is a gimmick sport and a dancing gimmick is fine

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Just to clear the air, it's not meant to rhyme with tango, it's a dance in its own right.

Now, with that being said, I think the gimmick is already stale and was definitely more of a fan of Curtis' previous incarnation as a creeper.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk

The Viper

Reaction score
I think he should be less interested in how people say his name and more invested in wrestling.

Also loose those pants. TBH it mainly irritates me because I actually liked Johnny Curtis' last character.

Well, he thinks that the fans or whoever says his name doesn't deserve to see him wrestle until they get his name right. Shit, I'd probably do the same thing. People mispronounce my last name all the damn time :lol:

Don't take this as me trying to convince you to like Fandango, BTW. Opinions are like assholes....they get ripped sometimes.

Oh and yeah his last gimmick was a lot better than this, despite me also being a fan of Fandango. Adored him on that last "season" of NXT and into the reincarnation of NXT at Full Sail.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Just to clear the air, it's not meant to rhyme with tango, it's a dance in its own right.

Now, with that being said, I think the gimmick is already stale and was definitely more of a fan of Curtis' previous incarnation as a creeper.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9900 using Tapatalk
I figured the name had something to do with dancing.

Glad I'm not the only one who agrees.

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I think he's owning it the best he can and to dismiss it without giving it time is very shortsighted.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I think he's owning it the best he can and to dismiss it without giving it time is very shortsighted.
Regardless of whether he's owning it or not, how much time is enough? It's not like I'm dismissing it after a week, its been going on long enough that something should have happened by now. I also don't see the reason why Jericho couldn't work with Cesaro or Barrett, two guys who are already established wrestlers AND champions.