WWE WrestleMania 29 Preview & Live Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
I hope Punk breaks the streak this year. 20 and PUNK!

Bad News Booty

It’s Ghetto Blaster Time, Fool
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scotthall
Favorite Wrestler
kevinnash
Favorite Wrestler
hhh
Favorite Wrestler
bigbossman
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
He has to there is no way they are gonna have lose 3 PPVs in a row to two guys who have wrestled a total of what 3 matches since last Wrestlemania

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
^I would hope so. I mean, I really want Punk to break the streak but I doubt VKM will let it happen since he has been a huge fan of it. Then again, Hogan had to eventually lose cleanly at mania.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
I doubt it and I wouldn't end it to be honest. It is one of the things that has created Undertakers legacy and don't think they will do it this year or the next or even when he hangs up the coat and boots. That will be the one mark they use to help put him in their HOF even though he doesn't need it.

Swamps

Space Cowboy
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
WrE8t1L
Favorite Sports Team
HHst8yg
Favorite Sports Team
lurU13l
Favorite Sports Team
ceaRtck
Man, I have to say this also, The Streak is so overrated! I mean look at who he has beaten, HHH three times who has a horrible WM record, HBK and Kane and the both can be said for them, Big Show and Albert, two wrestlers past their prime and out the door in Snuka and Jake the Snake, Giant Gonzalas (SP), Mark Henry when he wasn't in beast mode, Kevin Nash who was stale, Sid who sucked and wasn't drawing as a champion, Ric Flair who was pretty much a mid card/main event jobber at that point, King Kong Bundy who was almost always a jobber and was past his prime here, and the Big Boss Man who wasn't that great either. Don't get me wrong, some of these matches were great but seriously the Undertaker could easily beat these guys at any other PPV or Televised show for that matter.

Edge, Orton, and Batista could be considered something since the three of them were on top of their game at the time of their defeats. Also, the match with Orton, probably produced the most realistic threat to the streak since he was on fire at the time and billed as "The Legend Killer".

I don't think it would be so bad to let Punk end the Taker's streak of mainly beating Jobbers at Mania... But that is just my opinion.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
He has to there is no way they are gonna have lose 3 PPVs in a row to two guys who have wrestled a total of what 3 matches since last Wrestlemania
Sure they will, they don't give a fuck about wins and losses. Dolph Ziggler is the MiTB winner and he's lost almost every match since he won the fucking briefcase.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Sure they will, they don't give a fuck about wins and losses. Dolph Ziggler is the MiTB winner and he's lost almost every match since he won the fucking briefcase.

I agree.

At least Punk is coming off a 434 day reign. The WWE thinks as long as they have something going, they can lose. They think because Ziggler is MiTB, he can just lose always.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I hate to say this, but I'm starting to get some of "the Rock as champ" criticism....

I mean, we're four weeks into the road to WM, and so far he's appeared just twice. So far, the interaction between him and his WM opponent extends to one promo on one show. In all fairness Cena wasn't on Raw this past week either for some reason (because why bother having either WM main eventer around?) but the point stands.

This is by far the most underwhelming build to any WM I can ever remember.

The Viper

Reaction score
I hate to say this, but I'm starting to get some of "the Rock as champ" criticism....

I mean, we're four weeks into the road to WM, and so far he's appeared just twice. So far, the interaction between him and his WM opponent extends to one promo on one show. In all fairness Cena wasn't on Raw this past week either for some reason (because why bother having either WM main eventer around?) but the point stands.

This is by far the most underwhelming build to any WM I can ever remember.

Thank goodness you've sorta come around. Not that you disagreeing with any of us was a bad thing and you were a bad guy because of it, I'm just saying.

I totally agree. I mean, why not have both men in the WWE Title match take a week off during the build? Makes the most sense. It's unfortunate that we only have about 3 weeks until the show and we only have 4 matches officially announced. Still about 85% (random number ftw) of the roster still has nothing to do at the show right now. It's also unfortunate that I'm only excited for one match so far. That might not change anytime soon.

It sucks.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
The officials didn't want cena on the show because they thought itd make Rock look weak if John cut a promo and Rock wasn't there to respond.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
The officials didn't want cena on the show because they thought itd make Rock look weak if John cut a promo and Rock wasn't there to respond.

Eh, it would have been better than nothing. It's weird that the biggest match on the show has practically no impact on WWE TV this week.

To avoid being a negative nancy, here's what I am enjoying:

- Mark Henry/Ryback. Simple, two big guys who beat people up. Who's the biggest and baddest dog? I look forward to their match, even though I know it could suck.

- CM Punk being a grade A dick. If people aren't gonna watch to see if he wins, they're gonna watch to see him get his ass kicked.

Petty

If You Smell....
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
FqVfLpp
Favorite Wrestler
machoman
Favorite Wrestler
ajlee
Favorite Sports Team
hwhonWK
Favorite Sports Team
1uls6gJ
Favorite Sports Team
VLDeBdf
Favorite Sports Team
5HahPWE
Rock/Cena is still gonna be epic guys. The built has been there since the previous Wrestlemania.

The Viper

Reaction score
Just read Rock also won't be on next weeks Raw either.

Jesus Christ.....

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Just read Rock also won't be on next weeks Raw either.

Jesus Christ.....
Yeah I read that to. "luckily", he'll drag his carcass to the final two Raws before WrestleMania... Whoopdie doo