WWE Twitter thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Nation

Liddell Responds To Angle

Current UFC Light Heavyweight Champion Chuck Liddell made an appearance on Bubba The Love Sponge this morning on Sirius Satellite Radio. During the show, Bubba played a clip of Kurt Angle saying he could beat Chuck in an MMA match. Liddell said Angle is not used to getting hit for real and that he would hit him hard. He added that Angle would have no idea what that would be like. When Bubba asked Liddell if a fight with Angle would outdraw Liddell/Tito Ortiz, he said he had no idea and guessed that Angle has a huge fan base from his WWE days. According to those who listened, Liddell didn't take the comments by Angle seriously and tried to avoid talking more about it.

Credit:WZ

v1-power

Reaction score
i would like to see that but chuck could win hands down

This Guy

Of course Chuck didn't take Angle seriously. Because Angle isn't serious. Mark my words, Angle will never step into an MMA Ring.

Captive8

Reaction score
Ok I these guys are savages and I am not discrediting them or saying Angle would win for that matter. But Angle won a gold medal on a broken fricken neck. I think Angle could hold his own. He isnt the wrestling machine for nothing.

★Chuck Zombie★

Reaction score
I will say Angle would shoot him down before Liddell had a clean shot. Now, where it went from there would be a little harder to predict, but there is no way that Angle is gonna walk into a one hit knock out. I honestly think that if Angle can get Liddell on the mat, he could take him.

X-Pac

Reaction score
I think even if Angle got Liddell to the ground Liddell would just stand up or knock Angle out from the bottom with an elbow.

Captive8

Reaction score
Once again everyone in here wants to discredit Kurt and pretend he hasnt had countless kneck injuries and pretend he hasnt been injured and pretend he hasnt wrestled hurt and pretend he isnt a wrestling machine and pretend he hasnt won an olympic medal.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Kurt 12 years ago maybe. Today, I doubt it. seriously. Chuck will ground and pound Angle so hard.

But its never gonna happen. If Angle ever doesn an MMA match it'll be against Daniel Puder, but I doubt that'll happen either.

X-Pac

Reaction score
I think Angle will fight at least once before hes 40. I think he will have one professional fight and he will get his ass kick and he will realize he isnt the best.

This Guy

I'll say it again, Angle will never step into an MMA ring for a match. He may say he wants to, but as Monkey said, he also says he can beat anyone on the planet. And when he was interviewed here in toronto recently he claimed that if you review the Smackdown Puder cheated to get the key lock on him. Angle's memory is either fuzzy or he figures most fans won't have a tape and just beleive him. Bottom line is he's even afraid to get in the ring with Puder because if he does and loses (which there is a good chance he would) he could no longer claim to be the greatest fighter in the world. Angle says a lot of things. Doesn't mean any of its true.