WWE TLC 2013 LIVE Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I know what it says. WWE would find a loophole. I'm pretty sure they already did a couple of months ago.
That wouldn't come into effect for 18 months from the time of his first offense I believe. Either way, they're publicly traded so they have a responsibility to themselves and their shareholders to uphold the rules they set in the first place. Simply finding a loophole wouldn't be enough in that situation. However, as I've said, as long as he's being a good Randy Orton he won't have to worry.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
Your boy will win it for you if you come...

I don't care who wins just want to see the rumble. I just looked the best tickets left are the fucking expensive floor seats at $450 a pop

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I don't care who wins just want to see the rumble. I just looked the best tickets left are the fucking expensive floor seats at $450 a pop
You'll probably be able to get something on StubHub the day of the show for about 30 bucks.

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
You'll probably be able to get something on StubHub the day of the show for about 30 bucks.

I just checked ticketmaster. I completely forgot about stubhub. I will check

Mitch Buchannon

Free Palestine
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
roderickstrong
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
kyleoreilly
Favorite Wrestler
kotaibushi
Favorite Wrestler
kassiusohno
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
u6DnU5I
Who wants to bet John Cena is going to win the Royal Rumble in 2014?

I don't see Orton going anywhere. Even if he were to violate again, I doubt WWE is releasing him. Although I don't think he will anyway.

The handcuffing to the ropes, breaking the top rope off and climbing the ladder, almost winning and being pulled down onto a table is anticlimactic?
I just think an extra 5 minutes would have made it even better.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
That wouldn't come into effect for 18 months from the time of his first offense I believe. Either way, they're publicly traded so they have a responsibility to themselves and their shareholders to uphold the rules they set in the first place. Simply finding a loophole wouldn't be enough in that situation. However, as I've said, as long as he's being a good Randy Orton he won't have to worry.
I don't think Orton is going to make another mistake before that 18 months comes up.

I'm fairly certain WWE has covered up failed tests already to keep from having to enact their policy.

Either way I think rehab is the best solution to a repeat offender. Which is why I like the new stipulation.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
The more I think about it wasn't his last offense a really long time ago? How long was he being kept in the under-card on SmackDown? Seemed like a year or more.

He's probably close to finishing his 18 month probation period.

Joey

Reaction score
That was the worst ending to a TLC match ive ever seen. But the rest of the matches were okay, i really liked Punk / Shield and Natalya / AJ

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I'm still not sure what was so bad about it. It was far better than Cena doing an AA through a predicable table spot at Unforgiven 2006.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
The more I think about it wasn't his last offense a really long time ago? How long was he being kept in the under-card on SmackDown? Seemed like a year or more.

He's probably close to finishing his 18 month probation period.
Actually I read it wrong before, the Redemption Program, which was put into effect on July 23rd of this year, requires a talent to go through an application process and then stay clean for 18 months. Assuming Orton applied for it right away, he's looking at January 23rd, 2015 before he'd be totally clear. Still, I'd like to believe that he wouldn't be foolish enough to violate the policy again, particularly when this new Redemption Program seems almost designed for him.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Actually I read it wrong before, the Redemption Program, which was put into effect on July 23rd of this year, requires a talent to go through an application process and then stay clean for 18 months. Assuming Orton applied for it right away, he's looking at January 23rd, 2015 before he'd be totally clear. Still, I'd like to believe that he wouldn't be foolish enough to violate the policy again, particularly when this new Redemption Program seems almost designed for him.
From everything I've seen online, sources behind the scenes say WWE has retroactively applied this to Orton and already dropped his second strike.

Not saying this is true or not, but Orton started main eventing again near his 18 month. His last strike was early 2012. Either way WWE is covering their bases.

Regardless Orton is clean and I doubt he's messing with that now of all times. I'm sure he's holding the new title until 'Mania at least.

Orobin Thor

Reaction score
Regardless of the fact about the Wellness Policy and the Redemption Policy, the fact remains that Orton is the Unified Champ. They chose to go with Orton for a reason.

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Regardless Orton is clean and I doubt he's messing with that now of all times. I'm sure he's holding the new title until 'Mania at least.
Obviously I would prefer that to be the case. Now that they've unified the belts, the last thing they need to do is have Orton lose it quickly. Establishing some new lineage can only help things and hey, Orton's got a ready made match with Jericho when/if he comes back. Meanwhile it never hurts to have a heel champ so again, I'm much happier its Orton than Cena.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Obviously I would prefer that to be the case. Now that they've unified the belts, the last thing they need to do is have Orton lose it quickly. Establishing some new lineage can only help things and hey, Orton's got a ready made match with Jericho when/if he comes back. Meanwhile it never hurts to have a heel champ so again, I'm much happier its Orton than Cena.
Same here. I honestly can't think of anything they could have done with Cena. Meanwhile Orton has many options including bringing Bryan back into the mix.

I even thought what if Daniel Bryan wins the Royal Rumble and wins back the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania XXX. How awesome?

Fuji Vice

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stanhansen
Favorite Wrestler
brusierbrody
Favorite Wrestler
rickrude
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
I even thought what if Daniel Bryan wins the Royal Rumble and wins back the WWE World Heavyweight Championship at WrestleMania XXX. How awesome?
It would be pretty cool if they did that, though I have no faith in them at this time. However, I WILL be giving WWE a chance to prove me wrong and have promised myself to start watching their programming again in the new year. A Bryan rumble win would go quite a long way in getting me back into the fold.