WWE Television Ratings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
NCCA tournament will own ratings. Look for the Raw after Mania to have awful ratings thanks to it.

Prodigy

Banned
Reaction score
WWE needs to stop treating Smackdown like their second rate show and treat it as equally as RAW. I remember when guys like Rock, Austin etc would be on Smackdown but now they won't dare put anyone like Cena back on SD.

Lewb

Reaction score
They put orton on smackdown to try and help and it never did. Since Orton won the title, I don't think there's been a major story development on Smackdown. Thats the problem. They need shock events to happen on SD regular for a while to get people regularly watching it again.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
- As noted before, the March 20th WWE RAW Supershow did a 3.10 cable rating with 4.38 million viewers.

In the segment breakdown, Kane vs. Big Show lost 125,000 viewers from the opener which is less than usual for the second slot. Santino Marella vs. David Otunga and the interview with The Rock outside in Philadelphia gained 205,000 viewers. Daniel Bryan vs. Zack Ryder lost 418,000 viewers.

Mark Henry vs. John Cena with The Rock coming out gained 327,000 viewers for a 3.20 quarter rating at the top of the hour, which is a weak gain for that timeslot. The Miz vs. Sheamus lost 279,000 viewers while the Randy Orton interview and Kofi Kingston & R-Truth vs. Jack Swagger & Dolph Ziggler lost 151,000 viewers.

The final segment with Shawn Michaels, Triple H and The Undertaker gained 597,000 viewers, which is below average, but the 3.32 overrun rating was still the highest rated point of the show. The final segment saw the Male Teens rating go from 2.2 to 2.5, Males 18-49 go from 2.5 to 3.2, Female Teens drop from 0.6 to 0.5 and the rating with Women 18-49 go from 1.1 to 1.2.
So it wasn't just Rock that was getting 'below average' overruns as Taker/HHH/HBK just drew pretty much the same. Extremely baffling, what the fuck do people actually want to see!?

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Too hard to predict these days, wrestling just gets less "cool" I guess so there are less and less things to bring in the casual fans. It seems like WWE would have to book a Rumble match or Elimination Chamber match on RAW to get a 4.0 rating.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
3/23 WWE SD! Rating: Number Drops From Previous Week
This past Friday night's edition of WWE Smackdown finished with a 1.8 cable rating, which is down from the previous week's 1.92 draw.

The show averaged 2.76 million viewers, compared to the 2.84 million viewers the show took in the previous week.

Even the tag team main event with Punk couldn't draw, what don't the casual audience like about Smackdown?

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
0.4 ratings drop isn't that bad. Especially when you consider it's the #1 show on cable on Fridays

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
0.4 ratings drop isn't that bad. Especially when you consider it's the #1 show on cable on Fridays

0.4 is a pretty bad drop. It keeps going down every week with D Bry as champ. I sort of like his current gimmick but most dont.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
Raw has had it's off weeks with Punk as the champ too.

People are likely reading the spoilers and deciding to not watch the show.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Not the best rating and I can't see it improving next week since it is a half show with Axxess stuff thrown in as well. If Smackdown had their full roster I think that ratings would be a bit better because some of the draws would be back and there would be more top storylines.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
The "go home" episode of Raw before WrestleMania got a 3.04 rating, with 4,443,000 viewers. The show had hour ratings of 2.96 and 3.12, with 10,000 more viewers in the second hour than the first hour.

This rating is actually down from last week's 3.10, which has to be viewed as a disappointment.
Mind boggling ratings, truly mind boggling.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
The show just really went through the motions not even making me think time to get ready for mania so I'm kind of glad it didn't get a great rating.

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
lol isn't this meant to be the period where ratings are at their highest?

Pretty damn worrying for WWE, man. They've brought The Fucking Rock back and still people are turning away, makes you wonder what they have to do.

Slim

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
newageoutlaws
Favorite Wrestler
tara
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Favorite Wrestler
wyattfamily
Yeah I watched the show and I was like... sooooooo what?

This isn't what WWE used to do before Mania. The Raw before Mania used to be epic. Used to be huge and instead this one just came off as your average weekly Raw. This is Wrestle Freakin Mania and that's what we got?