WWE Television Ratings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
What the fuck, people tuning out while King Dwayne is on...

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I can sort of understand why people might have tuned out for the history segments because the name alone doesn't sound very appealing, but they did turn out to be pretty damn good so their loss.

People tuning out yet again for Cena's promo doesn't come as a surprise given the last few weeks numbers but even still, it's pretty fucking alarming. In the last 3 weeks when he's cut a promo on The Rock at whatever stage of the show, he's gone on to lose a total of 1.2m viewers.

3 weeks ago: Aksana and Kelly Kelly vs. The Bella Twins and John Cena’s promo on The Rock lost 480,000 viewers
2 weeks ago: John Cena coming out to cut a promo and The Rock closing the show lost 349,000 viewers (Bare in mind Rock was already cutting a promo here which gained 600k+)
1 week ago: John Cena's empty arena segment lost 382,000 viewers.
1 week ago: The closing segment with John Cena and The Rock gained 763,000 viewers for a 3.57 overrun (Dunno if this one can be judged as everyone knew Rock was about to appear whilst Cena was in the ring)

I know ratings shouldnt affect you're viewing and what not, but i'm kind of fascinated by this trend of him losing viewers and can't wait for next weeks breakdowns to come out. You'd think he'd stand a good chance of gaining viewers this coming week with the possible intrigue of seeing him go back to his raps.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
It's The Rock though so I don't see how the name of a segment would be a legit reason as to why he lost viewers esp given the first one gained viewers. Like I said before I just think the luster of omg The Rock is on Raw has passed now.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
It's The Rock though so I don't see how the name of a segment would be a legit reason as to why he lost viewers esp given the first one gained viewers. Like I said before I just think the luster of omg The Rock is on Raw has passed now.
Yeah that's a fair point. I mean if you wanted to be really nitpicky I guess you would have to breakdown the actual quarter hours to see what each individual segment did because for all we know, his second history segment could have gained viewers (say 200k for example) but then Miz/Show match could have gone to lose all them viewers plus the 121k, unless i'm looking at it wrong. Obviously that's just a theory and i'm not saying he didn't lose them viewers himself.

Again fair point on his novelty possibly wearing off too as it does feel he's appeared quite alot recently although for me personally, that's a damn good thing. I guess we'll only find out when he returns to Hollywood then hopefully comes back again for a different feud.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
They need him on every Raw leading to mania so I see it as a good thing as well but yeah when you go from appearing every blue moon to almost weekly now I could see why it just becomes normal to the viewers. I'm curious though if WWE is freaking out about not only this but Cena losing viewers which is puzzling. Think this should prove though that people shouldn't put as much stock into ratings when it comes to "This guy is a draw, this guy isn't a draw" since I don't think people would dare to say Cena or Rock is no longer a draw.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Amazing that again Cena loses big numbers. Very worrying sign for WWE leading into Mania. Another worrying sign was that the tag team match in the middle of the show didn't draw that big of a number, that is the two big title matches from WM yet they couldn't gain many viewers at all.

With The Rock's second and third videos losing viewers I would suggest, just like Dale did, that it was the matches following that lost the viewers in that quarter. Just look at the other segments involving The Rock, they drew big numbers so it seems like people were tuning in for him and then changing the channel.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
The 3/9 edition of Smackdown did a 2.15 rating, with 3,103,000 viewers.

Good to see the rating increase as we head towards WrestleMania. They are just below the 2.2 top rating that Smackdown gets so hopefully they can break through that barrier next week.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Good rating for SmackDown, was an entertaining episode.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
Thought this was interesting to note as they were the competition, UFC's debut of The Ultimate Fighter on FX drew a 0.94 rating with 1.28 million viewers.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I didn't realise that they were on at the same time in the US. Good to hold against that show although it may indicate that there isn't much of a crossover between the Smackdown audience and TUF audience.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
What does everyone predict for this weeks WWE RAW rating? Even though it'll be out in a couple hours so no time for predictions really but meh, I expect it to be a 3.4 considering they advertised The Rock and John Cena concert and HBK/Taker were also in the house. It was a pretty solid episode especially since Cena started the show with his old school stuff which I wonder if peopled stayed tuned in once they seen the old school stuff or maybe they tuned out since they don't care for him? I doubt that though so I can't wait to see the breakdown and what gained and lost viewers.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Well it seems like I am always too optimistic when it comes to the RAW ratings. I thought that the rating for the last few RAW's would have been a fair bit higher so I don't know how close I will be. I think that 3.4 is a reasonable estimate but it will probably be a 3.2. With everything that was announced before the show it should help get viewers but the question is if it was good enough to keep them interested. I missed the first hour of RAW so I can't comment on that but the second hour was enjoyable to me. The Rock over-run rating will be really interesting since I loved it and the crowd seemed to love it so it should rate well. Hopefully for Cena's sake viewers don't tune out in droves when he starts talking again.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Well it seems like I am always too optimistic when it comes to the RAW ratings. I thought that the rating for the last few RAW's would have been a fair bit higher so I don't know how close I will be. I think that 3.4 is a reasonable estimate but it will probably be a 3.2. With everything that was announced before the show it should help get viewers but the question is if it was good enough to keep them interested. I missed the first hour of RAW so I can't comment on that but the second hour was enjoyable to me. The Rock over-run rating will be really interesting since I loved it and the crowd seemed to love it so it should rate well. Hopefully for Cena's sake viewers don't tune out in droves when he starts talking again.

[video=youtube;nTmTAkC0SL8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nTmTAkC0SL8[/video] [video=youtube;dNBvTkSNML4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNBvTkSNML4&feature=channel[/video]

[video=youtube;iK8ypDotIbM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iK8ypDotIbM&feature=channel[/video] [video=youtube;qRO2QCvEHik]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRO2QCvEHik&feature=channel[/video]​

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'll go with a standard 3.2 / 3.1 rating.

Kind of dissapointed there wasn't another Cena promo / appearance later on in the show so I could see whether or not his trend of losing viewers continues.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
The Raw rating is in:

The 3/13 edition of Raw did a 3.3 rating with 4,823,000 viewers. The show did hours of 3.20 and 3.35.