WWE Television Ratings

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Final 2/21 Smackdown Rating: How Did The Live Show Score?
The Tuesday, February 21, 2012 live edition of WWE Smackdown scored a final cable rating of 1.7, according to Nielsen Media Research.

That number marks a decrease from the 1.95 final number the show drew on Friday last week, and well below the 2.13 draw the show drew the week prior to that.

That's very bad for a live supershow, especially since it was a good show. I'm guessing the reason was because it wasn't promoted as much as past live supershows so many didn't know that it was on.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I'm interested in seeing what the rating for it's normal timeslot will be.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Okay rating for RAW with a 3.2. Terrible live rating for Smackdown, there is a chance that the replay may beat that rating which would be odd.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
pwinsider said:
After doing a 1.7 rating with 2,326,000 viewers on 2/21 for the live airing of Smackdown, a replay of the show did a 1.5 rating with 2,241,000 viewers in its regular slot on 2/24.

Amazing that they nearly had more viewers for the replay. Wonder what the rating would be for a live Friday night Smackdown? Seems like Tuesday night isn't the best night for wrestling should have the balls to reclaim Thursday nights or try Wednesday.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Nice, I just guess that WWE need to promote the live SmackDowns more whenever they do them.

Wonder what RAWs rating will be.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Should be good. I thought that the show was really good and The Rock closing the show should get a good rating. I will go with 3.4

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Nodq.com said:
Monday's RAW SuperShow featuring the much anticipated return of The Rock garnered a 3.1 cable rating with 4.65 million viewers. The rating is down from 3.24 the week before.

Viewership was nearly identical to last week's post-Elimination Chamber program. RAW averaged 4.65 million viewers compared to 4.63 million last week. The first hour averaged 4.70 million viewers before declining to 4.59 million viewers.
Shocking

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I don't understand what wrestling fans want anymore. I thought that RAW yesterday was a throughly enjoyable show and I don't know why it didn't get a better rating. Fans must simply be sick of the crap that WWE were serving up a few months back.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Not the seen the quarter breakdowns yet but the overrun got a 3.5 I believe.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
At least that is one positive for WWE that The Rock had the highest rated segment. Still expected a lot higher rating for the show.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Due to the President’s Day holiday, we’re just now getting the breakdown for the February 20th RAW Supershow which featured the fallout from Elimination Chamber.

In the segment breakdown, the opener with John Cena and Eve Torres did a 3.58 quarter rating. Sheamus vs. Mark Henry plus a backstage segment with Teddy Long, John Laurinaitis and David Otunga lost 486,000 viewers. Kofi Kingston and R-Truth vs. Primo and Epico plus the Ron Simmons Hall of Fame announcement gained 71,000 viewers. Otunga vs. Ezekiel Jackson lost 314,000 viewers.

The in-ring segment with Triple H and The Undertaker gained 1,122,000 viewers and was the best 10pm quarter gain in a year or more – a 3.85 quarter rating. Right after that segment, Daniel Bryan vs. Santino Marella lost 932,000 viewers.

Aksana and Kelly Kelly vs. The Bella Twins and John Cena’s promo on The Rock lost 480,000 viewers. Cena’s big promo against The Rock only did a 2.86 quarter rating. The battle royal to determine a new WWE Title contender and CM Punk’s WrestleMania opponent gained 601,000 viewers for a 3.31 overrun rating.

Source: Wrestling Observer Newsletter

This isn't from this week but the week before.

Cena's promo losing half a million viewers is ridiculous because that was a quality promo. Glad that HHH/Taker managed to gain 1 million viewers back for the show but then Santino facing the World champion lost almost all that gain.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Great number for the Taker/HHH stuff. I'm very much in the 'meh' category when it comes to actually seeing them lock up at Mania, but i'm quite into the buildup to be fair. Cena's promo losing so many viewers is quite a shock aswell, but looks as if it may become a trend.

- As noted before, the February 27th RAW Supershow with The Rock's return did a 3.14 cable rating with 4.64 million viewers. This was down from the previous week and a disappointment considering it was the hyped return of The Rock.

This week's show did a 2.7 with Male Teens (down from 4% last week), a 2.7 with Males 18-49 (down 3%), a 1.1 with Female Teens (down 8%) and a 1.2 with Women 18-40 (up 9%).

In the segment breakdown, the CM Punk and Chris Jericho opener started with a 3.22 quarter rating. Punk vs. Daniel Bryan lost 289,000 viewers. The video package for Triple H vs. The Undertaker gained 526,000 viewers and did a 3.38 quarter rating, which is a great number because video packages usually lose viewers. Kelly Kelly vs. Nikki Bella lost 816,000 viewers.

The Miz vs. John Cena gained 388,000 viewers and did a 3.09 quarter rating - a bad number for the 10pm timeslot. Jack Swagger & Dolph Ziggler vs. R-Truth & Kofi Kingston vs. Primo & Epico for the Tag Team Titles lost 221,000 viewers while the Eve Torres in-ring segment gained 225,000 viewers back. Big Show and Sheamus vs. Cody Rhodes and Mark Henry gained 3,000 viewers.

The Rock's promo at John Cena gained 643,000 viewers to a 3.53 quarter rating, which is nothing really special for the overrun. John Cena coming out to cut a promo and The Rock closing the show lost 349,000 viewers. The show finished with a 3.30 quarter rating, which likely came as a surprise to officials.
Like I mentioned above, great numers for HHH/Taker. While The Rock's overrun may not have been great, I think that the more alarming fact is that once Cena came out it lost a significant amount of viewers again just like the previous week.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Guess the special novelty of Rock being on the show isn't what it used to be, and surprised by the Cena stuff since of all the times to be sick of Cena this isn't one of them imo the past few weeks.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
So it is true that Rock and Cena are bad for business, and that they are taking up the valuable time of more deserving talent in HHH and Taker?
:hhh::bury: