WWE Survivor Series Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I have zero problems with that main event at all, it was a legit holy shit moment. They could have had a full on match with Goldberg winning and it would still have had the same reaction, only thing was we'd have had to watch the trainwreck inbetween all of that.

The rest of the show, I just didn't enjoy it for the most part. There was just way too much fuckery and questionable decisions in every single match pretty much, it just killed my interest. I guess when they literally opened the show with the Nikki Bella switch, it was a sign of things to come throughout the rest of the night regarding fuckery.

That's what WWE does. They can't make wrestlers look weak. Did you expect the Wyatt family to beat Roman reigns and Seth Rollins clean? Did you expect Miz to beat Sami clean? No! WWE was just being WWE. Protect the faces.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Okay so i've had to to sleep on it and think about it while i was taking a shit, and i've come to the conclusion it's a totally fine execution if this leads to a bigger picture. My only real problem is who it was against, Brock you spend the past 4 years building him up as this unstoppable monster, can't be beat. Save him the streak, raped Cena on SSlam. And he loses in a minute and half? to a guy that hasn't wrestled in 12 years. Now i said earlier if they do "Brock was over confident, and didn't take 49 year old Goldberg" serious a then" then i'm fine with it. But with that being said they couldn't give a young guy this mini-push, Like a Rusev or Miz, i would have been much more accepting and reasonable for someone like them to get murked.

Anyway, i'm over it, over the whole fuckery PPV.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Ok so according to rumors, Brock vs Goldberg will be a multi match feud which is why the squash finish was done. It was not because WWE thought Goldberg couldn't wrestle. It's rumored his next match will be the Rumble match. No word on when the next Brock/Goldberg match will take place. It's also rumored WWE wanted to mirror his WCW squash matches to get him over.

If this is true then I'm fine.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
That's what WWE does. They can't make wrestlers look weak. Did you expect the Wyatt family to beat Roman reigns and Seth Rollins clean? Did you expect Miz to beat Sami clean? No! WWE was just being WWE. Protect the faces.
New Day says otherwise. Also none of my gripes had anything to do with 'people looking weak' more a case of 'huh, well that was a strange. I wonder why they did that'

The whole thing was supposed to be about brand supremacy but the constant in-team fighting was just so played out and predictable just killed my interest. I have zero problems with Harper interfering either, just came off as doing whatever was needed for the brand to get the edge just like Ellsworth getting Braun eliminated which was a cool moment.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Goldberg getting pops like it's 98

This time without the piped crowd chants

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Goldberg getting pops like it's 98

This time without the piped crowd chants
Were they still piping them in after he won the title in 98?

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Were they still piping them in after he won the title in 98?
He was at his zenith in popularity....it was the Halloween havoc incident that started the Goldberg backlash and WCW going to North Eastern cities in the fall.

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
He was at his zenith in popularity....it was the Halloween havoc incident that started the Goldberg backlash and WCW going to North Eastern cities in the fall.
That's what I thought. I remember him being huge around that time.