WWE Survivor Series Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Expecting even ten minutes from these two is wishful thinking.

Also, we were complaining about the show being too long and now that it ended earlier.....we don't like that?
I'm not even complaining, I thought it was funny. But WWE definitely thought going in they could at least get a 7 minute minute sleeper out of it. They promoted the shit out of it. Once he dropped Rusev and tweaked his knee or whatever it was against the security guards, they must have realized a 7 minute match would have sucked worse than 2004. I give zero cares as I will view the 5-on-5 as the main from here on and I was sent home happy with it.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
WCW'a monster beat WWE's, WCW lowkey won :side:
At least there's some minor good news for WCW fans. He should have worn his WCW trunks... ;)

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I'm not even complaining, I thought it was funny. But WWE definitely thought going in they could at least get a 7 minute minute sleeper out of it. They promoted the shit out of it. Once he dropped Rusev and tweaked his knee or whatever it was against the security guards, they must have realized a 7 minute match would have sucked worse than 2004. I give zero cares as I will view the 5-on-5 as the main from here on and I was sent home happy with it.

That might be true but WWE are stupid for having such little faith. Nothing bad could have happened in 10 minutes.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
That might be true but WWE are stupid for having such little faith. Nothing bad could have happened in 10 minutes.
Did you watch their match in 2004?

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
That's cause the crowd turned on them since they were both leaving
It wasn't just the crowd. It was awful. I wouldn't expect much differently here. We were sparred in the end.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
It wasn't just the crowd. It was awful. I wouldn't expect much differently here. We were sparred in the end.

Whatever anythings better than a squash.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
If this was a UFC finish, we would've creamed our jeans.

The entire angle was booked like a big fight and Cole was reinforcing Brock being too cocky and got caught as a result of it.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
IF WWE does something more with this im fine. If Goldberg just says K thanks and leaves and Brock moves on then I really don't fucking see the point. I mean this did make their top draw look like shit after four years so they gotta do something.

Fauche

Reaction score
Goldberg already booked for the Rumble (maybe not the match itself, but the show, apparently)

This was my fav match since Lesnar destroyed Cena at Summerslam (not to say it's the best match, but my favourite). Doing new, unexpected shit is good. And important. It's keeps things interesting and entertaining. I actually care about what happens next. If you had told me earlier today I'd want to see a rematch between these two, I would have assumed I would have said "fuck that, Goldberg looked old as hell and Lesnar's matches are all the same anyway". But now? I'd pay to see that. I don't even know how you work it. Does this mean that Goldberg can't work a real match? Can the dude even take a German suplex at this point? IDFK. But watching this shit with a roomful of casual fans, only half of whom actually knowing who Goldberg was, the reaction was unanimously "holy shit, that's crazy and awesome and I didn't see it coming", I would say that the WWE made the right call.

Would Lesnar keeping his unpinned streak alive a while longer to have some up-and-comer finally beat it be cool? Sure. Did Goldberg need the win? No. But fuck it. Lesnar lost his first match back and traded wins with Triple H before suplex city started. This doesn't hurt his cred. And I don't think the dude gives a fuck as long as he gets paid, for whatever that's worth.

The rest of the card was tight. Tag team and main event survivor series matches were both real good. IC title match was real good. CW title match almost had me caring about CW title matches. Takeover was good also. Good wrestling weekend. It's like Wrestlemania 3. Lots of Savage-Steamboat type things in that you have some quality stuff and then you cap it off with a "holy shit the spectacle of wrestling is hella neato" in the end. Nothing to complain about. I'd rather be talking about this then about how Goldberg had no business working a long main event match (which, really, he probably never has).

Also, Shane O' is getting too old for this shit.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Short match worked best because there was no way they were going to follow the last match that almost went an hour.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

Not a good night for Shane-O-Mac

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
I have zero problems with that main event at all, it was a legit holy shit moment. They could have had a full on match with Goldberg winning and it would still have had the same reaction, only thing was we'd have had to watch the trainwreck inbetween all of that.

The rest of the show, I just didn't enjoy it for the most part. There was just way too much fuckery and questionable decisions in every single match pretty much, it just killed my interest. I guess when they literally opened the show with the Nikki Bella switch, it was a sign of things to come throughout the rest of the night regarding fuckery.