WWE Survivor Series Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kross Rhodes

Israel Has the Right to Exist
Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
20161025_SurvivorSeries_KeyArt--238dca53c9d23f175795748cd0ab727f.jpg

Survivor Series 2016: Fantasy warfare just got real
The 30th annual Survivor Series airs live tomorrow night on the award-winning WWE Network. Goldberg returns to action for the first time in 12 years to face Brock Lesnar in a Mega Match. Plus, Raw and SmackDown LIVE go head-to-head in a series of Traditional Survivor Series Elimination Matches to determine which brand reigns supreme.

20161026_Match_SurvivorSeries_GoldBergBrock_2K--77ab1cb06956f526f26eb7826b72ca4a.jpg

Mega Match
Brock Lesnar vs. Goldberg
Fantasy warfare becomes reality when Goldberg returns to the ring for a Mega Match against Brock Lesnar at WWE Survivor Series, live Sunday, Nov. 20, on WWE Network.

20161114_Match_SurvivorSeries_SD_5on5--c3c3e5ec14f95226ce599d00e0eeed70.jpg

Team Raw vs. Team SmackDown LIVE in a 5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Men’s Elimination Match
Battle lines are drawn in the 5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Men’s Elimination Match at WWE Survivor Series, live Sunday, Nov. 20, on WWE Network.

20161101_Match_SurvivorSeries_SD_Women_3--75e0b2a2a0f8674d604deeb8c11dab95.jpg

Team Raw vs. Team SmackDown LIVE in a 5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Women’s Elimination Match
Raw and SmckDown LIVE’s Women’s divisions will take center stage in an inter-brand 5-on-5 Traditional Survivor Series Women’s Elimination Match at WWE’s fall classic.

20161108_Match_SurvivorSeries_SD_TagMatch--c990a284eb34ada7f79cea0a2d168110.jpg

Team Raw vs. Team SmackDown LIVE in a 10-on-10 Traditional Survivor Series Tag Team Elimination Match
The New Day, Luke Gallows & Karl Anderson, Sheamus & Cesaro, Enzo Amore & Big Cass and The Shining Stars face Heath Slater & Rhyno, The Hype Bros, American Alpha, The Usos and Breezango in a 10-on-10 Traditional Survivor Series Tag Team.

20161115_Match_SurvivorSeries_MizZayn--3fb0290d3ab0dd57c5a689f121490d85.jpg

Intercontinental Champion The Miz vs. Sami Zayn
Just days after winning the Intercontinental Championship from Dolph Ziggler, SmackDown LIVE’s The Miz puts the coveted title on the line against Raw’s Sami Zayn in a huge championship showdown.

20161108_Match_SurvivorSeries_KendrickKalisto--447966199a59ca705651d17b3f7757f5.jpg

WWE Cruiserweight Champion The Brian Kendrick vs. Kalisto (If Kalisto wins, SmackDown LIVE gets the entire Cruiserweight division)
The Cruiserweight Championship — and the entire Cruiserweight division — will be on the line when Raw’s The Brian Kendrick defends against SmackDown LIVE’s Kalisto.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Pray to god they send the Cruisers to SD

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Pray to god they send the Cruisers to SD
So they have to fight for airtime with two Women's Division matches a night, at least one tag a week and the other 20 or so singles wrestlers trying to squeeze into those remain two to three matches? Sounds like that would be pretty awful to me. Raw needs to fill time, SmackDown has to manage theirs.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
2 hours is plenty of time. Not like the SmackDown tag scene is worth a shit anyway, epitome of trash outside of probably The Uso's.

Plus it's called mixing it up instead of seeing the same thing week in week out.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
2 hours is plenty of time. Not like the SmackDown tag scene is worth a shit anyway, epitome of trash outside of probably The Uso's.

Plus it's called mixing it up instead of seeing the same thing week in week out.
Whether or not we like the tags or not, they're still going to get a match a show, the women get two matches a show and that leaves three matches on a stacked week, most weeks only have 5 matches. So if the Cruisers took another spot, that leaves two matches for mid and main event card Superstars. Doesn't seem like the best idea when Raw is still struggling to fill three hours.

Last edited:

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
So there you go, you mix it up. There's 6 women on the roster, there's no need for 2 matches a week from them. Not to mention there's only been 2 womens matches on SmackDown once over the last 8 shows so i'm not sure where you got that impression from.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
So there you go, you mix it up. There's 6 women on the roster, there's no need for 2 matches a week from them. Not to mention there's only been 2 womens matches on SmackDown once over the last 8 shows so i'm not sure where you got that impression from.
Most weeks there's been a match involving the Carmella and Bella angle and another featuring the Becky and Bliss angle. If there wasn't a second match, there was at least an equally lengthy segment. I'd rather we didn't cut a Women's match or segment when Raw still has three hours to fill. Raw currently airs several jobbers in squash matches. Why would want take another division away and make them have to find another filler?

Why do you feel we need to "shake things up" after only four months? That's am awfully short amount of time to let the brand split find its roots before trying switch people and titles around again.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
I agree with Link. It makes no sense to send the division over when Raw needs them to fill up their three hour show. SD are doing just fine.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk

No Love for Alpha?:(

Honestly, I could care less about this PPV. Survivor Series as a concept just has been dead to me for 10 years.

I am intrigued for Goldberg-Lesnar cause even tho they're 12 years older, it can't be worse than the shit show they had the first time.

I'll have the PPV on but depending on what the SNF game is, I may not be paying too much attention

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
No Love for Alpha?:(

Honestly, I could care less about this PPV. Survivor Series as a concept just has been dead to me for 10 years.

I am intrigued for Goldberg-Lesnar cause even tho they're 12 years older, it can't be worse than the shit show they had the first time.

I'll have the PPV on but depending on what the SNF game is, I may not be paying too much attention

I'm with you on everything, no match has grabbed my attention outside the potential Sami IC title run but i don't see it happening, I just see this as a way for Steph to emasculate Sami on Raw.

SNF game is the lolPackers and the Redskins, so yeah Survivor Series it is.

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I'm with you on everything, no match has grabbed my attention outside the potential Sami IC title run but i don't see it happening, I just see this as a way for Steph to emasculate Sami on Raw.

SNF game is the lolPackers and the Redskins, so yeah Survivor Series it is.

:sodone:

Damnit you're right, Survivor Series is the lesser of the 2 shits

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Kickoff starts in 3 minutes.

Kross Rhodes

Reaction score
Website
wrestlingsmarks.com
Favorite Wrestler
emma
Favorite Wrestler
YA1yyED
Favorite Wrestler
frmoJZU
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
WYT3shw
Favorite Sports Team
fRXTMaD
Favorite Sports Team
LechI0u
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
205 live on Survivor Series right now. Gotta move past these 6 person matches.