WWE SummerSlam 2019 Discussion Thread

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Sweet 'n' Sour

Class Clown
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
kenta
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
I thought he was gonna, but surprisingly no
:WOW

But.....Brock is a bully character....they dish it out, but can't take it.

It's so cliche it borders on brilliant, and he plays meathead bully perfectly.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
:MJ:

That was MOTYC, don't @ me.

Reactions: Hoss

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
He won yeah, everybody is calling it a great match but I thought it sucked. I’m tired of the “Grrr me big buff man Lesnar, me suplex you 20 times because me so strong, but oh no, me can’t take any offense at all or else me go sleep and I lose” like wtf two hits into the ring post, a crash through a table, and 3 stomps is all it takes? He’s supposed to be this unstoppable force but as soon as he takes literally any offense he becomes a fucking toddler crawling around and dripping fluids everywhere

It's called selling. :lmao Brock is one of the best in the biz when it comes to looking legitimately battered. Let's also acknowledge that 99% of the roster loses to 1 curb stomp so falling to 3 of them doesn't make him look weak in the slightest.

I also have to laugh at the concern for Raw's ratings. When was the last time the ratings were anywhere near where WWE wants them? It's going to take a long time and a lot of fixing the product to get them steadily improving again.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
It's called selling. :lmao Brock is one of the best in the biz when it comes to looking legitimately battered. Let's also acknowledge that 99% of the roster loses to 1 curb stomp so falling to 3 of them doesn't make him look weak in the slightest.

I also have to laugh at the concern for Raw's ratings. When was the last time the ratings were anywhere near where WWE wants them? It's going to take a long time and a lot of fixing the product to get them steadily improving again.
B-but, that doesn't fit people's narratives! :swamps

Sweet 'n' Sour

Class Clown
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
kenta
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres

My main concern isn’t at the curb stomp thing, it’s the fact that after a few bumps to the ring post and getting put through a table, most wrestlers are expected to, and would, get up and continue for another 10-20 minutes and not just crawl around and drip sweat onto the mat for 5 minutes and then “OMG POP UP REVERSE INTO F5” like what is that shit, literally any damage done to Brock renders him completely useless

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
My main concern isn’t at the curb stomp thing, it’s the fact that after a few bumps to the ring post and getting put through a table, most wrestlers are expected to, and would, get up and continue for another 10-20 minutes and not just crawl around and drip sweat onto the mat for 5 minutes and then “OMG POP UP REVERSE INTO F5” like what is that shit, literally any damage done to Brock renders him completely useless

Well they shouldn't. Taking bumps into the post and then crashing through the table should significantly slow a wrestler. And then a couple of finishers on top of that? Dude should absolutely have a difficult time getting up. Honestly, it's just good psychology to me. I don't want everyone to kick out of five finishers and act like everything's gravy after having a limb worked over for 20 minutes. I do enjoy a good spotty sprint from time to time as well but I prefer to see wrestlers act hurt after taking a beating.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
B-but, that doesn't fit people's narratives! :swamps

I mean I won't make the case that Rollins is a draw. He certainly hasn't been. But the reason people turn away from WWE is so much deeper than who's the champion. It's all about the writing, bland characters and uninspired presentation... among other things. Fortunately, things do seem to be on the up and up the last month or two. Let's hope they keep things going. And let's hope they book Rollins wisely to get him over and keep him over.

Sabretooth

Reaction score

Lmao what is with you and sweat? You think it's light work wrestling a match? He can't control his sweat.

Last edited:

Sweet 'n' Sour

Class Clown
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
arnanderson
Favorite Wrestler
kenta
Favorite Wrestler
kane
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Lmao what is with you and sweat? You think it's light work wrestling a match?

No it’s just that for every drop of sweat any other wrestler drips, Brock drips like 500 and he’s always in a full sweat within the first 30 seconds of all his matches

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
No it’s just that for every drop of sweat any other wrestler drips, Brock drips like 500 and he’s always in a full sweat within the first 30 seconds of all his matches
Well yeah...he's a sweater, that happens with athletes with high testosterone.

Rock sweats cutting a promo.

It is just what a level athletes do.....their metabolism is higher than regular people. Or he has hyperhidrosis.

Hoss

HELL IS NOT A MYTH
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan3
Maybe both. Either way it's a complete non factor in grading his matches. :stephena3

Sabretooth

Reaction score

He can't control it lmao. You can't say you don't like a match over someone's bodily functions

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Big E sweats a lot just standing there when New Day does a promo.

Hence why he calls himself Big Wool on Up Up Down Down because he’s a heavy sweater

Kiffy Lube

Girls Just Wanna Have Fun
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Favorite Wrestler
lowki
Fuck whatever Lynchmob is sayin'.

That was for sure a MOTYC and up there with Kofi/Bryan from Mania.