WWE star set to return from injury next week

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Why can't Sheamus/Del Rio just get more violent after SummerSlam? It would make sense depending no matter which guy won. It's like a good rivalry is building but people already want to move on.
I'd be all for that, because I honestly couldn't be less excited about this return if I tried. I mean fuck, after the hard hitting, stiff looking match between Sheamus & Tensai on SmackDown, i'd sooner see those two feud than Wade/Sheamus.

We Are Legion

║▌║█║▌||| ║▌║▌█ ║█║║▌||
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
randysavage
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
I still think many people are going to be surprised at what little impact he makes once he returns. I predicted a few months ago that he would get lost in the shuffle when he finally returned and I'm sticking to that prediction. WWE seems to be intent on pushing the people they have in place now. I could see them turning him face and feuding him with Miz for the IC title, but I doubt Barrett will go over Miz.

:Red:

Derrick

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk5
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
kurtangle
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
samicalihan
Well with the :Red: smiley you posted, I doubt I'd like seeing Barrett go over Miz.

:dana:

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Why the hell do you guys want him in the midcard? Makes no sense. Imo the guy has spent a lot time in the company and gained enough experience to go straight to the main event. The original plan for him that he was scheduled to win the MITB and the WHC made perfect sense to me. But sorry, I don't wanna watch him open RAW (1st or 2nd match) or see him in useless pointless matches against Santino.

He's been out a good while, I think you have to build him up a bit again. Throwing a guy who was still getting established straight to the main event after an injury is really risky.

Schmidty

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
bobbyroode2
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
albertodelrio2
Favorite Wrestler
bige
Favorite Wrestler
sheamus2
as one of you said... I think a feud with christian would be great and wait till ziggler is done being champion to be pushed..

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
I can't wait to see how they completely ruin and hold him back from the world title this time. And make no mistake, that's EXACTLY what's going to happen.

My bet is on jobbing to RyBack in a squash within the first 2 months.

Last edited:

Johnny Ace

Reaction score
I see him coming back as a face and possibly feuding with Big Show since it was Big Show that took him out of action. I personally don't want to see that but I have a feeling something like that will happen.

TKK

Reaction score
Me on the outside reading this - :Steiner:
Me on the inside reading this - :Carlton:

This is awesome news for SmackDown imo. I would love to see him dethrone Sheamus, but seeing him in the world picture anytime soon is very unlikely.

Kingslayer

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
jbl2
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
damiensandow
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
wadebarrett
Good vignette on Raw, well constructed, but terrible implications. They made him look like he was some random debuting guy who had never been seen before, rather than somebody who was returning. Which essentially means he'll be in the midcard. Good to see Vince's anti-English racism is as strong as ever.

Heisenberg

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
antoniocesaro
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
WWE aired a vignette on Raw promoting the return of Wade Barrett. Barrett, who was shown sporting a beard, proclaimed that he had to go back to his roots in underground fighting to rediscover himself.

[video=youtube;YwlBm1vZVY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YwlBm1vZVY0[/video]

New video for his return. Man I cannot wait as I'm a big fan of Barrett and I think he will have some good things going upon return (hopefully). Was pissed when he was injured, especially since it's the season most guys end up getting opportunities.

Looks badass. Keep the beard Wade.

Last edited:

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Silly Barrett, forgot the first rule of Fight Club.

zigglerHEEL

Reaction score
^^ thought the exact same thing... Really like the vignette, excited to see where they go with him..

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I'm insanely pumped for this, he's one of the best on the mic and has some charisma. Hell be main eventing soon.

SAL

Reaction score
I see him coming back as a face and possibly feuding with Big Show since it was Big Show that took him out of action. I personally don't want to see that but I have a feeling something like that will happen.

I'm curious about this too. There wasn't very much heelish about that promo, as it focused on Barrett's strength and toughness over his ability to manipulate. Barrett might end up in the same boat as the Miz, returning in a spot where they could do something different with his character. As with Miz, they probably won't.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
It was a good video package but I hope he returns with the slightly altered look similar to in the video with the beard and the jeans instead of the standard trunks, will make him stand out more.